Photo

Get Rid Of Manual Reloading And People Exploiting It Please

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

I wont go into details in here how to exploit manual reloading, since i dont want to give pepople instructions on how to exploit in raids.

Con already removed reloading during raids by pressing the r-key. Now you have to click the weapon icon to manually reload your weapon.

But people still manage to abuse the reload function during raids. I know this, cause i have been told by someone how he raids my compound and a lot of others.

So please just get rid of reload once and for all during raids. It is really not needed since the AI already automatically reloads your weapons when your ammo is low and your survivors are idle.

Its far more important to have fair raids, than that little bit of comfort to now and then reload your weapon manually to have a full magazine.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

I remember con saying something about removing manual reloading from raids, not sure if it was ever implemented. Since i don't raid.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

He did do a sort of fix, but it only fixed one way of reloading, the other way of reloading is still usable to reload even during raids. Not going into details cause that's strictly forbidden and I certainly don't want even more people to use it.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

I remember con saying something about removing manual reloading from raids, not sure if it was ever implemented. Since i don't raid.

Con removed reloading by pressing the r-key. But you can still reload by pressing the weapon icon of your survivor

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

I removed the "R" key because I believed that the exploit involved clicking the reload button as quickly as you could as well as using the mouse to target at the same time.

I left the icon click reload because I didn't think it would be possible to reload and fire at the same time.

If that is incorrect, or there is something I am missing, please email us at support@deadzonegame.com

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

Will send an email, thanks.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

Sent an email. And thanks for quick reply in here. Really appreciated

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

I recall hearing something about single shot weapons being hard to defend against because they reload instantly after shooting, giving them an especially small hit window. This makes bows and van burens tricky to defeat.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

I have tried to post about this before ,I am glad someone addressed it. They are truly abusing it and some are claiming to have permission from CON to do it. I know who they are and I know some who are exploiting it. I have saved the reports if needed and this has to stop. Look at my pound. This is what exploiters can do without taking any damage to themselves when experienced enough in the art of Xing.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

another point about this is, that most casual raiders probably dont even know that you can reload by pressing the weapon icon. So it wouldnt really be a big loss anyways to just get rid of it completly imo

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 204 posts

I dont see this as a problem anymore... There are many easier and faster ways to prevent getting killed when you get shot.

Realoading guns is very esssential in raids such as fireing from long distance your attackers need bullets when all 10 start shooting back and suppress all.. theres just this few seconds befor all get suppressed and if half of my people reload their guns in that seconds, I can start over again and again and basically just wait for luck and that raid will take forever.

Other point is when we get so injured or suppressed that we throw a saving smoke to 1. heal 2. reload 3. aim at enemy 4. wait ... same as above if smoke will disappear and my ppl cant fire their whole magazine because they must reload.... if Im lucky and my magazines are full, I win.. if  unlucky i lose.

or we throw all lrs, aks whatever away and all just become bowmen and women, no reload needed. :/

Does this solve your problem?

Do we realy want this?

Nah.. plz dont remove reload and take away a huge part of the game and downgrade the complexity of the raidphysics!

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

you have to ask yourself CON and others..why and who would bother the defend this abuse and try to justify its existance

TanaG

TanaG
  • 134 posts

I removed the "R" key because I believed that the exploit involved clicking the reload button as quickly as you could as well as using the mouse to target at the same time.

I left the icon click reload because I didn't think it would be possible to reload and fire at the same time.

If that is incorrect, or there is something I am missing, please email us at support@deadzonegame.com

You are correct, Sev. It is not possible now to reload and aim at the same time. But whatever you do, some people will have something to complain about. Mostly this will be whatever allows their competitors to take down their defenses *wink*

Edited by TanaG, 04 June 2016 - 09:52 PM.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

lol another one shows up to defend abuse. so all the "glitches" that are still doable are then ok to use. Just like cade surpression and and melee and grenade supression is ok ?

TanaG

TanaG
  • 134 posts

you have to ask yourself CON and others..why and who would bother the defend this abuse and try to justify its existance

Do you raid by any chance? Cause it looks to me like you know nothing about it. You went on and on in public chat the other day too. Man up! Change your damn defense if you dont like it taken down and stop whinning and pointing fingers at everybody else!

Edited by TanaG, 04 June 2016 - 10:02 PM.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

only cleanly sorry I am of no use to you

TanaG

TanaG
  • 134 posts

only cleanly sorry I am of no use to you

Right! Actually, of no use to you either so far! Cheers!

And here's something else: YOU are not the one who gets to say what is or isnt "clean" in this game!

Edited by TanaG, 04 June 2016 - 10:07 PM.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 204 posts

got a solution for all: make attackers vulnerable on manual reloads ;)

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

1ST truthfull thing you've muttered . Yes I am not the one. But DEV is and is asking for info on the matter . I have sent it and also have more in the form of reports etc etc etc. Dev will decide not me. Thats their job . You may have helpped in their decision making ,thank you.

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

got a solution for all: make attackers vulnerable on manual reloads ;)

But that would make bows completely useless for raiding. However Con intended them to be awesome in close range so you can "deal with one-sided wonders".

I don't see any chance of that happening.