Photo

Get Rid Of Manual Reloading And People Exploiting It Please

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

TanaG

TanaG
  • 128 posts

1ST truthfull thing you've muttered . Yes I am not the one. But DEV is and is asking for info on the matter . I have sent it and also have more in the form of reports etc etc etc. Dev will decide not me. Thats their job . You may have helpped in their decision making ,thank you.

Good work, son! You've just saved humanity!

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

reloading manually or shooting at structures to avoid taking damage or preventing certain survivors from being targeted is what most raiders consider an exploit. (Con seems to think so too, since thats the reason we cant reload with r-key anymore)

reloading should have one pupose only imo, and thats to reload your weapon....

To accomodate Wurstls need to have full mags at times, maybe it would be possible to only allow manual reloading while no defenders are shooting/targeting at attackers?

lael

lael
  • 200 posts

hi grievance...it seems some r unaware of the rules for chat as well as forum discussion...i know u know what u r saying and to everyone the bottom line is that con and the dev team are the final adjudicators on what is and is not permissable in their game.  This forum exists to help them gather some useful information they need as well as their e-mail support@deadzonegame.com.  Really there is no need for snarky comments and personal insults.  Thank you.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

Seems to be that only a certain few players are here to try and defend the abuse of "glitches" . Hmm some seem to be very upset at their very mention. Both here and in public chat . It seems you should want that to . Question is why dont you?

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

You are correct, Sev. It is not possible now to reload and aim at the same time. But whatever you do, some people will have something to complain about. Mostly this will be whatever allows their competitors to take down their defenses *wink*

this is actually wrong since reloading isnt instantly (up to 6 secs on M60).You can just aim first and once your attacker starts shooting you reload manually, or if your attacker has a defender in range he will just start aiming/shooting automatically

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

got a solution for all: make attackers vulnerable on manual reloads ;)

maybe this post got lost

and edit: [censored]

all said above.

Edited by Wurstl, 05 June 2016 - 12:15 PM.

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 271 posts

With as long as reloading has been argued. I assume the game will be abandoned by Con and Team before players are happy with a resolution.

TanaG

TanaG
  • 128 posts

this is actually wrong since reloading isnt instantly (up to 6 secs on M60).You can just aim first and once your attacker starts shooting you reload manually, or if your attacker has a defender in range he will just start aiming/shooting automatically

But that's not what Sev meant. However, as I never used the R thingy I couldnt know, of course. Am working on a list of things I want disabled from the game actually.  For example... throwing more than 4 nades. :D

MADD_MAXXX

MADD_MAXXX
  • 16 posts

I feel that manual reloading during a raid should only be allowed while under cover of smoke.

If you find all your men are suppressed , drop smoke and manual reload at that time.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Maybe make it so that reloading reduces your cover by 25-50%? Since you're pre-occupied with loading your weapon, instead of dodging bullets.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 38 posts

The reason why I want this exploit gone is because if you use this, you can practically not lose any raid. With bows, you can still lose raids. With 5 rpks or whatever bursty team people use, you can still lose. It's not about limiting the amount of strategies here. It's about eliminating bugs and exploits.

Wolfhound

Wolfhound
  • 68 posts

reloading manually or shooting at structures to avoid taking damage or preventing certain survivors from being targeted is what most raiders consider an exploit. (Con seems to think so too, since thats the reason we cant reload with r-key anymore)

How is shooting objects that are out of sight to make your survivors stop shooting (even though the enemy is in range) an exploit?

Edited by Wolfhound, 06 June 2016 - 05:06 AM.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

How is shooting objects that are out of sight to make your survivors stop shooting (even though the enemy is in range) an exploit?

If you do it in a fire fight over the whole map and you shoot at buildings, because a defender got suppression invulnerability its obviously fine.

If you do it to avoid taking more damage from defenders and to mess with the targeting AI it seems problematic to me.

Cant really go into detail here since I dont want to describe exploits pubilicly, but will PM you ingame with some thoughts on it.

This thread should mainly focus on manual reloading and that comment was just a side note....so please keep comments on that

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

..maybe it would be possible to only allow manual reloading while no defenders are shooting/targeting at attackers?

that will just look very stupid for new players and they might think its a bug same with the idea to allowing it only in smoke... thats just idiotic.

i stick to my idea.. if a manual reloader can die, the exploit is fixed right?

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

I dont see anything wrong with your idea Wurstl.

So it sounds like good solution to me

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

It still seems way easier to just finish removing manual reload on raids than to start messing with making reloading survivors some percentage more vulnerable than invulnerable suppressed survivors. 

IMHO fixing this exploit should be toward the top of the dev's list.  So the quickest, easiest solution might let them move on to other pressing issues more quickly.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

you are correct joelll....there is no need to tinker for the abusers already have an answer for their manipulated fix.thats why they mention the damage part vs fixing outright. I too will not explin how simple that would still be to manipulate . The problem is and still will be certain member of the attack team risk no damge while attention is unfairly manipulated somewhere else. They are trying to lay CON as fools offering twistable fixes . It will not work because CON has t protect the fair players .

CasualPlayer

CasualPlayer
  • 45 posts

Removing manual reloading from raids would help a lot and would change a lot of raid reports also :)

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 77 posts

Missed this discussion completely. I agree with wurst and lanceyy completely, make reloading peeps take damage if that would stop people abusing it. When raiding my dudes do take damage when reloading though, it was at lower levels so not in a spawn trap situation if that explains it. Not sure what determins when a reloading char can get hit and not, that's something for the devs to toy with.

Anyways, good thread and hopefully it gets a resolution.

Edit: I just realized that this could solve some problems with defences as well, SVD's and bows being impossible to hit due to reloading etc. (impossible used in a hyperbolic way...).

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 07 June 2016 - 09:24 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Heck, I'd like to see bow raiding go away as well.  And damage while reloading would do that real quick.  It still sounds like a far larger change than is necessary to fix the current problem though.

Seems to me like blocking the click reload could be rolled out by next Monday, maybe a week later.  If, after that, there was an additional push to add damage while reloading, it would get my +1 for sure.  It'd change a lot of things, and need some careful dialing in, but it would be an improvement.

I guess this is just to say the lesson I've learned is that CAG is a small group.  They see the sensible ideas and want to implement them.  But implementing even small changes can take them quite a while.  Quick fixes may seem 'hacky', but they let us enjoy the game.  And that's all we're asking, no?