Photo

Get Rid Of Manual Reloading And People Exploiting It Please

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

How is shooting objects that are out of sight to make your survivors stop shooting (even though the enemy is in range) an exploit?

If you do it in a fire fight over the whole map and you shoot at buildings, because a defender got suppression invulnerability its obviously fine.

If you do it to avoid taking more damage from defenders and to mess with the targeting AI it seems problematic to me.

Cant really go into detail here since I dont want to describe exploits pubilicly, but will PM you ingame with some thoughts on it.

This thread should mainly focus on manual reloading and that comment was just a side note....so please keep comments on that

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

I dont see anything wrong with your idea Wurstl.

So it sounds like good solution to me

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

It still seems way easier to just finish removing manual reload on raids than to start messing with making reloading survivors some percentage more vulnerable than invulnerable suppressed survivors. 

IMHO fixing this exploit should be toward the top of the dev's list.  So the quickest, easiest solution might let them move on to other pressing issues more quickly.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

you are correct joelll....there is no need to tinker for the abusers already have an answer for their manipulated fix.thats why they mention the damage part vs fixing outright. I too will not explin how simple that would still be to manipulate . The problem is and still will be certain member of the attack team risk no damge while attention is unfairly manipulated somewhere else. They are trying to lay CON as fools offering twistable fixes . It will not work because CON has t protect the fair players .

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 89 posts

Missed this discussion completely. I agree with wurst and lanceyy completely, make reloading peeps take damage if that would stop people abusing it. When raiding my dudes do take damage when reloading though, it was at lower levels so not in a spawn trap situation if that explains it. Not sure what determins when a reloading char can get hit and not, that's something for the devs to toy with.

Anyways, good thread and hopefully it gets a resolution.

Edit: I just realized that this could solve some problems with defences as well, SVD's and bows being impossible to hit due to reloading etc. (impossible used in a hyperbolic way...).

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 07 June 2016 - 09:24 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Heck, I'd like to see bow raiding go away as well.  And damage while reloading would do that real quick.  It still sounds like a far larger change than is necessary to fix the current problem though.

Seems to me like blocking the click reload could be rolled out by next Monday, maybe a week later.  If, after that, there was an additional push to add damage while reloading, it would get my +1 for sure.  It'd change a lot of things, and need some careful dialing in, but it would be an improvement.

I guess this is just to say the lesson I've learned is that CAG is a small group.  They see the sensible ideas and want to implement them.  But implementing even small changes can take them quite a while.  Quick fixes may seem 'hacky', but they let us enjoy the game.  And that's all we're asking, no? 

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

Heck, I'd like to see bow raiding go away as well.  And damage while reloading would do that real quick.  It still sounds like a far larger change than is necessary to fix the current problem though.

Taking damage would just be for manual reload. So bows would stay the same ;)

I think either this solution or just getting rid of it enirely, since its uses are very limited, seems like the best solutions so far

Edited by Lanceyy, 07 June 2016 - 10:45 PM.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

again you cant just change the damage while reloading..these abusers only need two guns to mow you down..I cant explain it for you do to rules but you are missing the point on the damage only fix.. This is what they want  another way to keep abusing it. Claim this as a fix and hope CON buys it,then all things stay the same until enough people figure out how they manipulated it once again. They already have the way ,that's why they want this way.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

again you cant just change the damage while reloading..these abusers only need two guns to mow you down..I cant explain it for you do to rules but you are missing the point on the damage only fix.. This is what they want  another way to keep abusing it. Claim this as a fix and hope CON buys it,then all things stay the same until enough people figure out how they manipulated it once again. They already have the way ,that's why they want this way.

can you please PM me about this ingame?

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

What's the latest on this?  Any chance this exploit will be plugged come Monday?

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Did it happen by purpose or accident?

Manual reload totally unabled in Firefox now but still possible when using Chrome.

Thats weird ...

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Manual reloading on raids still works for me in Firefox.  With a short delay.

Maybe it'll be fixed after tomorrow?

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Still there. 

Does that mean this is one of those CAG-approved exploits, like the melee exploit?  Lanceyy, did you hear back via email?

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

didnt hear back. but if the delay is supposed to be the fix it wont work