Photo

Elite Infected Update

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 31 posts

Love the idea, finally something to do with my insane manual mission dps rather than trying to complete every mission as fast as possible.

Really looking forward to it! Great job :D

CasualPlayer

CasualPlayer
  • 37 posts

It goes straight into your inventory. 

This is good so even if you get disconnected during a mission the unique will go straight to the inventory? If so is there any chance you could also complete this on the normal missions so that when ever a unique or rare has been found it goes to the inventory straight away?

nickcarrera

nickcarrera
  • 19 posts

Looks very, very interesting .... thx Con & team to keep this game fresh and going! :)

Addition: Time to stock up our medic-supplies ... still remember the zeds with blades from last Halloween! *scary!*

Edited by nickcarrera, 07 June 2016 - 01:29 PM.

Ozwan Roxer

Ozwan Roxer
  • 5 posts
I'm just hoping that the Abolisher will be an Improvised. Please make my Engineer happy this time, Con. :-D

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 97 posts

The update looks nice. Big hopes regarding Warbringer :)

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 459 posts

a few more questions

6. Does this mean that i will have to start bringing at least one melee and a few grenades on manuals when this update goes up?

Elite Infected

----------------------------------------------

- Uniques are deadly. They have extremely high damage, health and resistances, some are impervious to certain damage types

7 You said that there would be small amounts of fuel in the elite boxes will this affect the amount we can scavenge a day since how the elite infected will be just another part of normal missions?

P.S you didn`t answer my question about better infected bounty rewards

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 07 June 2016 - 04:27 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Looks like a promising update.  Spawning zed that are completely impervious to certain types of damage will mean solo missions are possible only if one can carry enough grenades to kill a possible rare/elite?  I guess that's one way to make bras valuable.

As the stats on these zed are getting tuned, its worth saying that an ounce of APS is worth a ton of damage.  Remember the Mr. X event.  Lots of players are skilled kiters and any increase in zed damage (or health) won't be nearly as dangerous or novel as just speeding the zed up a little.

Looking forward to it!

Saughter

Saughter
  • 30 posts

Is it possible to have multiple Elite infecteds in the same mission?

beauren

beauren
  • 6 posts

sounds amazing....looking forward to the new challenge. :)

Humuckachiki

Humuckachiki
  • 1 posts

So will the elite infected be spawning in ANY missions or just high-level missions? 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

I'm on the edge about balance itself.

Either hard-hitting and slow, or just really fast that kiting is less effective.

Remember the Berzerkers? While they kept you on your toes, even a minute amount of lag would make you die and rage.

Just voicing my concern on these.

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 212 posts

nice nice nice :D i like especially the warbringer

passing player

passing player
  • 440 posts

I guess this is the time to use my max damage RPK on my loot missions.

W1llis

W1llis
  • 1 posts

Great update guys. Thank Con for keeping up with the game. Any clue when update will be out?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

This is good so even if you get disconnected during a mission the unique will go straight to the inventory? If so is there any chance you could also complete this on the normal missions so that when ever a unique or rare has been found it goes to the inventory straight away?

One, it's not a unique it's a very small reward. Two, I meant you mission inventory, you'll need to complete the area to get it.

a few more questions

6. Does this mean that i will have to start bringing at least one melee and a few grenades on manuals when this update goes up?

7 You said that there would be small amounts of fuel in the elite boxes will this affect the amount we can scavenge a day since how the elite infected will be just another part of normal missions?

P.S you didn`t answer my question about better infected bounty rewards

6. A mix of melee and firearms will definitely help - grenades are still a bit dangerous unless you're ok with sacrificing your survivors. 

7. Nope, the fuel from the Elite Boxes will be small and won't affect your cap.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Looks like a promising update.  Spawning zed that are completely impervious to certain types of damage will mean solo missions are possible only if one can carry enough grenades to kill a possible rare/elite?  I guess that's one way to make bras valuable.

As the stats on these zed are getting tuned, its worth saying that an ounce of APS is worth a ton of damage.  Remember the Mr. X event.  Lots of players are skilled kiters and any increase in zed damage (or health) won't be nearly as dangerous or novel as just speeding the zed up a little.

Looking forward to it!

The difference is how long these guys take to kill. You can pretty easily get caught in multiple waves of zombies trying to bring them down. But yeah, there'll be a lot of tuning. 

Idiotlee

Idiotlee
  • 95 posts

Couldn't we just kite them and have our survivors gun them down while it chases?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

How exactly do these differ from "Boss zombies" which supposedly you hate?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

How exactly do these differ from "Boss zombies" which supposedly you hate?

One great thing about being a somewhat public figure on the internet is that you can say things and people remember them for years. This disqualifies you from changing your feelings over time :P

But in seriousness, the boss zombies I was probably referring were the types that you see in the Resident Evil games. Dumb mutations that don't make a lot of sense within my lore. I actually really like the stuff in Left 4 Dead, but always found it weird in the timeline of their story - people die and suddenly they can spit acid! 

But yeah, the stuff I was referring to was dumb stuff like this:

Resident_Evil_Tyrant.pngresident-evil-4-artwork-mutated-boss-bit

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

Yeah curse my long term memory :P (also yea I remember Resident Evil being cited as an example of what you thought was "dumb")

Good to know, and interesting, thanks