Photo

Waring! Watchout This Cheater

WARING Trading cheater

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Code Solomon

Code Solomon
  • 13 posts

Let me quote my friend's words, this man, ID: CLemence is a cheater activating in Trading.

My friend quite for a long while, don't know the price of this days. My friend wanted a RPK-12, so he used that Golden M107 to swap. CLemence came to trade with him again and tried cheat him again. First my friend didn't want but he really wanted a RPK-12, so my friend accepted. Then……

No need to say too much, he should bear this!

Sorry, pics couldn't upload, posted link at down.

Edited by Code Solomon, 12 June 2016 - 12:21 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Caveat Emptor

(Let the buyer beware)

If your friend wasn't comfortable with the trade, then he shouldn't have traded.

If he had been gone from the game for extended period of time, then he should have known better.   The value of items fluctuate as the game is updated, most items get cheaper over time (though a few "limited edition" items get more expensive).   If you don't know the value of something, ask a person you trust.  If you don't have someone you trust, ask a bunch of people, there is nothing written in stone that you need to do a trade immediately.

Bottom line, you friend might of been lowballed (don't know the stats of either gun), but the other player wasn't cheating

Edited by Zingman, 11 June 2016 - 05:46 PM.

Code Solomon

Code Solomon
  • 13 posts

Caveat Emptor

(Let the buyer beware)

If your friend wasn't comfortable with the trade, then he shouldn't have traded.

If he had been gone from the game for extended period of time, then he should have known better.   The value of items fluctuate as the game is updated, most items get cheaper over time (though a few "limited edition" items get more expensive).   If you don't know the value of something, ask a person you trust.  If you don't have someone you trust, ask a bunch of people, there is nothing written in stone that you need to do a trade immediately.

Bottom line, you friend might of been lowballed (don't know the stats of either gun), but the other player wasn't cheating

So pls tell me how can I upload pics maybe? I tried 3 format, still can't upload. I saw the help and also still can't open the full editor. OTZ

Edited by Code Solomon, 12 June 2016 - 11:55 AM.

Code Solomon

Code Solomon
  • 13 posts

Well, can't wait, just send a link, my bad, didn't share pics, so sorry.

http://imgur.com/a/t6RJM

Edited by Code Solomon, 12 June 2016 - 12:06 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

I can't get my head around a word of this, nor your screen grabs. Why is that guy a cheater?

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

So your friend traded a golden gun for a uni gun?

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Traded a beautiful 107 for a now meh RPK.

You got lowballed, but nobody cheated.

Also, to put images into forums, use the BBCode image brackets.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 12 June 2016 - 03:12 PM.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 50 posts

Let me cleaning up of the sequence of this case..

At first,NoKia(the victim)posted his golden M107(the stats have shown in the link posted by Code Solomon) on the trade channel and looking for RPK offer for the golden M107.

After a few second,Clemance(maybe we should call him a"scammer",instead of "cheater") have sent private message to NoKia,and willing to use the RPK(Dana's Decision)(A uni RPK with 42.% Ranger,It is a 3/3 one too.) for buying NoKia's golden M107). And NoKia accepted Clemence's trading request quickly.

And both NoKia and Clemence enter the trading room,and ready for exchange their stuff.But something was going wrong.NoKia have put his golden M107(Last Man's reaper.While Clemence put the RPK(Conquerer's lord)(which have a much weaker stat than the RPK(Dana's Decision). Soonly ,NoKia found that stat of the RPK which Clemence put on the trading slot was different to the original one and unaccept the trade, And quited the trading room.

However,Clemence still disturbing and insulting NoKia after his failure.(The part of insulting are also mentioned in the picture by Code Solomon.

This is the end of this accident.

P.S.I think Code Solomon should improving his presenting skill,as I cost few minute to realize how this accident happen.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I'm with Harpago.  Did your friend agree to trade for the 500 dps RPK, then CLemence substituted the 300 dps RPK?  And how does the golden LMG figure into the whole thing?

Substituting a different but similar looking item in trade is cheating in my book.  Sure, the buyer should always double check.  But saying one thing and loading another still a scuzzy thing to do.  'Lowballing' is hardly better IMHO.  Knowingly gaining an advantage for your account at the expense of another player, especially one that is not yet certain how much time/money they want to invest in the game, can hardly be considered a good thing.  Drives new players away, lets trade forum trolls enrich their arsenal without running missions or paying CAG for  fuel.

Again, there are ways to avoid being a victim of a lowballer.  And neither lowballing nor item switching should be concerns for the devs.  But public shaming of either behavior in a player forum seems entirely appropriate.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

First of all, make a proper sentence, then another one, and then another one and keep doing that until you have a proper text can we can all understand...

Second as i can see this is another case of trading without asking prices or learning about stuff and values first, this is not our fault, this is not your faul, this is not clemence player's fault, this is your friend and only your friend's fault, so tell him to get over it...

Third your uploaded pics or you friend's make no sense

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

How can someone that doesn´t know the value of the price of his item and trade for a crappy deal be called a cheater ???

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

If you're implying that CLemence agreed to trade Dana's Decision for the m107 initially, then swapped it mid trade, yes that is what we call a scam. But you haven't made that clear, and I'm not sure that's what happened based on the pictures you posted.

As was said before, and very well, by Zingman and Trent, your friend is at fault, not CLemence.

Also that m107 sure as shit isn't worth Dana's Decision.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

I can't get my head around a word of this, nor your screen grabs. Why is that guy a cheater?

Because its not.

He definitely got lowballed on the Golden 107, but it's not cheating.   Three premium keys for the Golden M60 can't really say, different server, but kinda outta touch even with the kong server as to "key prices" since I've got everything I basically want atm (that I'd I'd be actively trading to get)

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

First of all, make a proper sentence, then another one, and then another one and keep doing that until you have a proper text can we can all understand...

Not going to lie. It looks like he used google translate to write this post. I think english isnt his or her first language.

Edited by treemaster, 12 June 2016 - 11:28 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Quite right tree.  We can hardly know what happened if the OP won't write again, and s/he is unlikely to do so if its difficult and only ends in ridicule.  I'm terrible in my second and third languages as well: no room to judge.