Photo

Are Elite Infected Invulnerable?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

abraxxas848d

abraxxas848d
  • 11 posts

well... trying union island, in the third phase, I was attacked by an infected zombie that took no damage from firearms or melee, I had to restart.

I've fought with an elite infected previously, they're thought and receive a lot less damage, but the can still be killed. Is that a bug? or simply I wasn't wearing an specific weapon that could kill elite infected???

Vandax

Vandax
  • 8 posts

Elite infected... My team stood there unloading clip after clip for about 30 seconds. Took him down about 25% (75% health remaining). Wiped my group in an area that was about 3 levels lower than my group. My average dps was 152.5. That's about 4500 dmg, how many hit points do those things have?!? My estimate is about 20,000 total... considering the average zombie is about 350-400 for the area I was in (Pinedale), any chance of loading us up with M1-Abrams or Howitzers? Better yet, allow a feature to disable them.. seriously, some gas and a weapon isn't worth getting wiped for.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

Rare onea seem to be more manageable. Uni ones I hear are OP.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

The Unique ones are hard to take down, but a proper kiter can get them down in less then a minute. The hardest part would be if they happen to spawn while your survivors are spread out / spawn during a rush. As this will make it extra hard to kite and deal damage while also getting rid of the other zombies.

They can Sprint, so don't get within melee range as the knockback combined with aps usually means its game over for your survivor.

Kite them with a melee, away from your guns, so the gun can focus on dealing with the rest of the infected along with dealing damage to the Elite Uni.

passing player

passing player
  • 440 posts

the unis I saw take one damage per hit, whether it is a mediocre MP7 or a max damage RPK.

did not try with melee, but you can guess the results.

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 178 posts

thought they said some are invulnerable to some damage types (despite this game only having 3 dmg types)

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

The Unique ones are hard to take down, but a proper kiter can get them down in less then a minute. The hardest part would be if they happen to spawn while your survivors are spread out / spawn during a rush. As this will make it extra hard to kite and deal damage while also getting rid of the other zombies.

They can Sprint, so don't get within melee range as the knockback combined with aps usually means its game over for your survivor.

Kite them with a melee, away from your guns, so the gun can focus on dealing with the rest of the infected along with dealing damage to the Elite Uni.

And this works only when it isnt immune to projectile dmg.

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

It's been a long time since I last posted or commented anything on these forums ... but, to make a long story short, I'll just ask:

1) have you tested knockback susceptibility on elite infected??? first one I've come across was a unique HERC soldier with something much akin to a drivehammer (except it had a sawblade!) - took me a good 2 minutes to kill it using 3 XMR's, 1 RPK and an engineer wielding a Blue crafted Sword with a mixture of unique, near triple capped (60/63/70 - explo, proj and melee in that order!) and a deathshead with 22.5% melee combat bonus ...

thing I've noticed is this particular dude deals a lot of damage in the way a sort of ancient rome gladiator (more specifically referred to as "Hoplomachus"!!!!!) deals ... mixture of high damage and range with some high resistance to bullets!
BUT (and here comes question 2!)

2) have you mixed usage of skilled uniques with +30% damage and +30% knockback with a sword at the same time??? perhaps maps and the way you form your survivors have a lot to do with how to deal with these new infected ...

it nearly killed my engineer, but knockback seems to be the only way to keep them at bay while your melee dude does the job (still, make sure to heal the engineer whenever you can while your team with XMR's and decent armors keep him busy! I'd suggest using all classes but a medic here, as leader will last a bit longer against a unique infected!)

much akin to gladiator classes, rare/unique infected have a weak spot ... takes time to figure out, but it's kinda fun!

abraxxas848d

abraxxas848d
  • 11 posts

And this works only when it isnt immune to projectile dmg.

This is exactly what happened to me, survivor shot this zombie, but he took no damage (no text was displayed). Same with melee guy, that couldn't deal damage

Kalli

Kalli
  • 20 posts

this is ridiculous. i havent played TLS:DZ for nearly a year, i only have equip what seems to be pretty outdated now, and i get fked by these elite regularly. from the like 10 i encountered so far, i was able to kill 2. for the others, i either had to retreat early or lost my whole team, ending up with little to no loot in both cases. and whats the worst part, im ending with absolutly no ammo to do a new mission. cant even craft some cause a ran out of ammo components already. would mean id have to go with full melee what i cant cause i basically have no melee weapons or armors. i dont even like going melee, my teams are full ranged of different weapon types. (if getting in melee range gets you into the danger of getting bitten and turned, whats the best you can do? dont let the infected get into melee range.) so now i sit here, waiting for my ammo drop offs getting full twice so i can go out on a mission again....

Edited by Kalli, 04 July 2016 - 07:52 PM.

LittleMrJ

LittleMrJ
  • 26 posts

During missions, I've used melee with all survivors (except for the medic) for the past 20 levels or so. Equipping everyone with elite crafted long saws has done the job, easily. All of my survivors are lvl55, & they still use the lvl37 saws without fail. The saws have a range of 4, making them a far better reach than other melee weapons, & the knockback of 30% means the standard hoard will barely touch you. The icing on the cake is you barely use ammo...and all my saws are older ones too, never upgraded, & made before crafting kits were added. Crafting newer ones, with added Brawler kits, & fully upgrading them would be cherry.

Now for the elite fight: All the melee survivors will automatically pile on the elite, but the elite infected will only target a single survivor next to it. So, watch your health bars, & move the melee survivor being attacked out of the fray as they near 50% health, then heal them. The elite will then turn to attack another survivor next to it. Your healed survivor will automatically run back to the fight, so then pull the freshly injured one back out...and repeat.

Your medic needs a ranged weapon, to stay slightly back at a distance. You'll have 4 survivors tanking the zombies, with one engaged with the elite at any one time. The other three will attack the elite too, also turning to kill anything else wandering in, all the while the medic shoots like mad, standing away from the fight, providing rotating heals for whoever just went a round with the elite. Just rotate the heals & keep heat on the elite. Always make the injured melee survivors leave the mob one at a time for heals, NEVER send your medic into it. Just watch your health bars, nothing else, you don't even need to look at the fight, It'll throw you off.

If you're like me, you'll spread the survivors out during missions, searching 2 or 3 items at once. No biggie, but as soon as you here the elite spawn, you better cluster up lickety-split. Try to get in a corner, or off-center from two spawn points. You don't want anything coming up behind the medic.

It can be tricky during a rush, as you'll need to be quick, but it's a flawless system. Just make sure your medic has the fastest heal gear possible, & follow my instructions. You'll win every elite fight, even during a rush.

You may need to practice this technique, but you'll be unstoppable once you get it down, I promise.

Edited by LittleMrJ, 22 July 2016 - 02:41 AM.