Photo

Elite Infected - Balancing

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

This thread is purely for discussing the balance of specific Elites damage, health and resistances. There are 21 individual Elite enemies in the game. 

1. Level number you saw them at. 

2. What the Elite looked like.

3. What weapon they had. 

4. What was out of balance in your opinion? Damage? Health?

Please stick to the above and avoid telling long stories, makes it way easier for us if we don't have to read through tales of woe. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

53?

Normal HERC

Buzzsaw thingy (the low level saw thing)

Health was fine because it was scaled down to match the fact my guns were doing about 7 damage per hit (personally this kind of resistance should be outright removed, just give them more health), but in melee combat, the HERC outright destroyed my melee scav wearing a 60% + melee scav armor and she had a drivehammer as well. The HERC just had a really fast melee swing and overall dps. Sure, I could have used someone to kite but I honestly find that to be cheating, and as it was a projectile res elite it would have taken ages to do and I only had a minute left.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 69 posts

Level 55 Island along with a rush (3rd of the map).

Something heavily armored with an axe or hammer...sorry was too busy trying unsuccessfully to escape or not die.  Would not take hits from guns or from melee, so I guess that would be the BOSS ZOMBIE we were never supposed to get.  Fast.  Hit my kiter while he was running.

Balance might include making this zed susceptible to some known weapon.  I have melee and I have projectile.  Is there a third kind I happened to miss?  Grenades?

Edited by CasualRace, 14 June 2016 - 11:19 PM.

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

1.55 island

2. riot uni

3. metal rod

4. Too high of an attack per second

I like the fact that the unique zombies have range now . It personally is causing me to change my island setup significantly for the first time in months as I now need someone fast and decent health to dodge and stall these zombies.  I would consider changing the unique riot infected by slightly decreasing its attacks per second from the 3 or 2.5 ish to 2 . Because of right now, the only thing you can really do is run if you find it on the island.

But great update overall and ideas. It has made the pve side of this game interesting again because who wants a game where you can win 100% of the time :D

Edited by treemaster, 14 June 2016 - 11:52 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

I like the fact that the unique zombies have range now . It personally is causing me to change my island setup significantly for the first time in months as I now need someone fast and decent health to dodge and stall these zombies.  I would consider changing the unique riot infected by slightly decreasing its attacks per second from the 3 or 2.5 ish to 2 . Because of right now, the only thing you can really do is run if you find it on the island.

But great update overall and ideas. It has made the pve side of this game interesting again because who wants a game where you can win 100% of the time :D

Yeah I really love the feeling you get expecting a uni infected to come outta nowhere, with some balancing this might just be the best update we've gotten in years

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

1. Two Level 55 Maps + Level 51 Bridge (Union Island)

2. Unique Elite HERC Soldier

3. Saw-Ax

4. Resistance maybe, i think the Zombies should just get more health as it just looks very demotivating to see Level 55 Weaponry (RPKs and Miniguns) do 4 and 1 damage per hit respectively. Move speed should maybe be slightly lowered as it's hard to manage it along with the other infected on the map, especially during rushes.

I beat him twice and he got me once. So it's not imposible to do. The Size thing was a bit unecessary though, as they look kind of silly now. I'm pretty sure an ordinary-sized zombie with a weapon would've been a good enough indicator of impending doom.

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

Yeah I really love the feeling you get expecting a uni infected to come outta nowhere, with some balancing this might just be the best update we've gotten in years

Bear in mind, that feeling only works if they're dangerous. :)

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

Bare in mind, that feeling only works if they're dangerous. :)

For sure.

Is there any chance you will release a page with all 21 elite infected with the stats at some point ?

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

1. On Union Island raid

2. HERC riot

3. Using what looked like a warhammer (like the pulverizer or something)

4. Resistance is a huge issue here, firearms literally did nothing and my Ultimate Drivehammer was doing 3 damage. Given the elite's speed and attacks per second along with their range, I honestly can't imagine having to melee this zombie to death. 

I know it's supposed to be more realistic by using resistance instead of giving them a ridiculous amount of health but a projectile resistant zombie is a bit over the top; I'd rather do 1 damage per hit than none.

Also suggested in my in-game chat is maybe giving them 90% resistance or so instead of a full 100%.

Autocthonia

Autocthonia
  • 1 posts

I just ran into something bigger than the riot mobs, faster than my recons, and swinging a hammer that dropped a squad of five L55 characters in a little over half a minute.  This isn't going to be "the best update we've gotten in years".  This is going to be an update that causes people to walk away from the game to engage in one of the many, many other options available to them.

Tweak your updates on your time, not mine.  I only get to hit Union Island once a day.

Jerks.

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

Again. Follow the format. 

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

I just ran into something bigger than the riot mobs, faster than my recons, and swinging a hammer that dropped a squad of five L55 characters in a little over half a minute.  This isn't going to be "the best update we've gotten in years".  This is going to be an update that causes people to walk away from the game to engage in one of the many, many other options available to them.

Tweak your updates on your time, not mine.  I only get to hit Union Island once a day.

Jerks.

You won't last long here with that tone, buddy. Just a friendly warning.

Jacopo

Jacopo
  • 24 posts

1 Around 53
2 Herc soldier

3 No idea

4 Too high resistance: I had no melee, only firearms, and they dealt 1 dmg per hit (I managed to kill him, but it took me four minutes of running and shooting)

EDIT: I met a new Elite, and this time it was quite easy to take it down; as I understand the first one was a uni (he had orange health bar, this one had blue) 

Edited by Jacopo, 15 June 2016 - 04:23 AM.

shayuer

shayuer
  • 5 posts
1. Level number you saw them at.:LV.53 park  along with a rush
2. What the Elite looked like:military 
3. What weapon they had.:a hammer
It's too fast and some of my friends said that uni riot is too hard to kill.Plz lower the health

ISOLAYTORE

ISOLAYTORE
  • 95 posts

*Fix their resistance not reaching to a 100% it's not balanced
 i would suggest 90% cap

*I would assume that their attack speed corresponds to the weapon theyre equipped, might want to look at this
 my opinion damage is but okay, attack speed is not

*Health keep it that way

4 of my guys with guns doesnt reach 1k DPS but they've managed to take down a Unique Herc for like a minute or so, dealing 2-5 damage

STL

STL
  • 1 posts

1. LV53 (second part of union island)

2. Military? with dark helmet and grey armour

3. a long whip

4. The elite is undamageable. A team of 5 with 3 RPK12, one shotgun and one The Ultimate Drivehammer, also tried pineapple, ends out I ran like fk and the daily raid was fkedup with one casualty LOL.

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

This thread is purely for discussing the balance of specific Elites damage, health and resistances. There are 21 individual Elite enemies in the game. 

1. Level number you saw them at. 

2. What the Elite looked like.

3. What weapon they had. 

Please stick to the above and avoid telling long stories, makes it way easier for us if we don't have to read through tales of woe. 

to simplify:

1) lvl 51, railway bridge area - first union island map

2) UNIQUE - normal HERC soldier - non RIOT

3) sort of mixture of DriveHammer and Saw-ax - 4 range

4) out of balance???? perhaps damage dealt against my engineer was out of proportion, considering a 70% melee resistance and -45% injury chance should very well contain damage a lot better than an unarmored target would

* what's with black armors that they let a lot more melee damage than the expected slip through their plates?
* add a -6% injury chance, +20% melee resistance and +22.5% melee combat deathshead mask to the combo and my engineer gets total -51% injury chance ...

still, this HERC unique I found had somewhat like 10k health???
took me 2 minutes to kill from bare start of map - tons of knockback shots to slow it down first, then centering it inside the railway near the double doors ...

IMO, I'm sensing some inspiration on SPARTACUS and ancient Rome's Gladiator classes - correct me If I'm wrong ... but you must have watched the entire Spartacus series before making this update, right? lol - fine taste there, Con! :)

making a mixture of HERC and Hoplomachus infected with ranged melee attacks is kinda sick!!!! :D I applaud it ... just, NO RETIARIUS, plz!!! lol

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts
1. Level 54 Park, Green Plains
2. Unique HERC infected
3. A Warhammer with extremely high APS
4. The aps and range of this particular infected's attack is too high to be able to kite it properly, by keeping a far distance, you risk it targeting your ranged survivors and massacring them before you can register any information, which is exactly what happened. Bullets give 2 damage to it.

http://i.imgur.com/4KsU64B.jpg

Edited by CommSMG, 15 June 2016 - 04:32 AM.

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

This infect I met was fine in balance, but it didn't drop anything

1 48 (Uptown Hospital)

2 Herc soldier (rare)

3 Didn't notice

4 Didn't drop anything

fresh update, man - like what happens to every "FRESH" update ... just let the devs handle that as it's been how long, less than 24 hours since this whole update was put to motion in this game ...

Jacopo

Jacopo
  • 24 posts

fresh update, man - like what happens to every "FRESH" update ... just let the devs handle that as it's been how long, less than 24 hours since this whole update was put to motion in this game ...

Nah, I realized it's intended to be this way, only uni elite drop caches, I deleted the post :)