Photo

Elite Infected - Balancing

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack
  • 17 posts

Fought 2 so far, I think they was both the same.

It appeared to be in a jump suit, or maybe a hazmat.. and I think carrying a fireaxe, both times it gave me a chest with 2 ears and 3 fuel.

The first time was during a rush, 2nd time was about 20 seconds after a rush ended, music played and it appeared.. not sure if they're suppose to happen outside of rushes or not.

Lv 29 missions

Balance seemed fine, I deploy in full teams to help with xp balancing with a mix of melee and range (range bias) w/doc
Impossible to tell what it resisted and what it didn't.. took about 30 seconds to kill.

Since I've only fought 2 I can't really recommend any balancing changes yet but I would however request either an extension to mission time (say 30 seconds) when they appear or perhaps a timer freeze as they require your full attention and eat up time.

Edited by Joe Sixpack, 15 June 2016 - 11:51 PM.

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

First

1. Level number you saw them at. 

52-53

2. What the Elite looked like.

HERC? is it possible?

3. What weapon they had. 

Could not see

4. What was out of balance in your opinion? Damage? Health?

Cant judge, had a lag spike as it spawned and i threw a grenade into my own group instead of the infected causing a large hp loss.

I was not able to recover from this.

Second and Third

50-55

Military type

3. What weapon they had. 

Machete

It was a rare, i just let it come to my group and moved them back a little as needed, not much effort needed to take it down.

Fourth (rare)

Military (again)

3. What weapon they had. 

some sort of big hammer

It came with a rush, so i had to really kite everything to avoid getting swarmed, after the rush was over i was able to kill the Elite. with no problems.

Edited by Vahx, 15 June 2016 - 06:34 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,151 posts

The "rares" I've encountered so far were easy (didn't even notice the first one until my survivors had already downed it).

Only found one "unique" so far.  I felt i probably could have kited it, but it was on the island, so didn't take a chance (and messed up the island badly) so i ran away.

helclinkz789

helclinkz789
  • 1 posts

1. Lvl 53 insland

2. Rare riot

3. Bloodluster

4. It's too strong. My team can't make him lose any heath and each person dead after 2-3 hit

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 212 posts

elite zombie

level 51 i guess i was in a gun shop

Herc soldier

Battleaxe? (not sure but a big melee anyway)

he swung his melee a little too fast for me like 1.5 faster respect my fighter with the warhammer

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 108 posts

Level 50

Military (rare)

Warhammer

My engineer with a melee dodged all hits by the elite and for some reason, every hit did 1 damage. Not sure what caused that but it might be the effect of resistances?

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

1. lv 54 rare elite infected on island

2. Riot

3. Sort of sword, i think it was a tac blade

4. It is immune to firearm damage

This particular one is broken, nobody runs 5 team of melee for island nor missions to kill this thing, it deals a lot of damage so trying to damage it with a melee is suicide, it is slow yeah but it should not be immune to firearm damage, change that please, is not fun, is not challenging, is broken.

I have no problem with the rest of the elites, my 1000 dps gun deals 1 damage to them? good i can take that, but immunity to guns is not ok, give it a million hp but get rid of the immunity.

Obabo

Obabo
  • 9 posts

First encounter: Rare Large military Elite with some combat knife, at Police Station (Can't remember what map) Not so tough. Was about 60% into my mission.

Second encounter: Unique Riot Elite w/o weapon, at Large Park. Already reached 100% scavenging, and wanted to combat him, but my melee combatants were outside of the zone when the mission closed, so GG to them.
Third encounter: Unique Riot Elite w/o weapon, at Suburban Streets. Already reached 100%. Could not kill due to time.

Average level was about 46 in all.

My major suggestion is to improve the timing of their appearances so we have adequate time to combat them. Also, in terms of damage, just make sure they cannot 3-hit kill survivors or else that's already broken and we have to resort to running laps. Also, does hitting them in the back give 100% critical chance?

Edited by Obabo, 15 June 2016 - 08:00 AM.

hotshot85

hotshot85
  • 27 posts

lvl50+ island. monument.

unique riot with saw.

3. What weapon they had. 

unique riot with saw.

slightly beyond unbalanced. its alittle bit broken. i can handle hard/tough gameplay. elites were fine regardless of type/weapons.

but this unique riot is broken. firearms deal 0 damage and additionally no knockback or ministuns.

crafted blue warhammers max-leveled on a lvl55scavanger deals 3dmg per hit.

it basically out-ranged/out-aps/out-dps (1/5 - 1/6 max-hp on 70melee resist lvl55 scavenger per hit)

i did not try using grenades on it. it might have that weakness. even if it did its ridiculously annoying to use nades in pve not to mention a finite amount can be brought to an island run.

using any other alternative methods to kill it (if there were any) would probably be in the grey areas of exploiting. or bending gameplay mechanics.

bringing mutiple fighters with max armors and best melees just to kill this 1 particular unique is also out of point.

only alternative i could do was to run to the green-zone forfeiting loot.

lowering its melee-resistance would be an excellent start. and also allowing firearms to at least be able to halt its movements and attacks via knockbacks/ministuns.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

1. Island - third map.

2. Riot.

3. Hammer.

4. Projectile resitance was waaay to high. Kept shoting at it for some time and did literally zero damage. Armors are capped for a reason and so should be the resitances on the zombies.

As I wrote in the other thread I don't like using melee in the island and I don't want to be forced to use it just to kill one zombie that might or might not be there.

Edited by Max1144, 15 June 2016 - 10:20 AM.

aurara

aurara
  • 88 posts

1.  54 - Police Station

2.  Herc

3.  Axe - I think

4.  Unique version I assume.  Challenging and fun.  No changes needed.

1.  52 - Gun Shop

2.  Runner or Walker

3.  Unsure.  Died too fast.

4.  Died instantly from gunfire.  3x guns with > 700 DPS.  Never even made it to the MDPS.

1.  50 - Gun Shop

2.  Runner or Walker

3.  Unsure.  Died too fast.

4.  Died instantly from gunfire.  3x guns with > 700 DPS.  Never even made it to the MDPS.

Overall, my suggestions are to remove them from Union Island and have their difficulty increased for the level >50 zones.  Thanks.

Sam Bellamy

Sam Bellamy
  • 1 posts

1. Union Island Monument (lvl 53). 

2. Riot.

3. Long Axe or blade???. 

4. Appeared undefeatable: made 2 attempts - both occasions spent 5 - 6 min with survivors firing into the elite with no shift on it's damage bar. Gave up and reset the first time, second time lost recon (3 swipes) - gave up.

Have seen two others in high level (53, 54) PvE missions. They were taken down with a bit of kiting.

Agree with aurara - not a good addition to the Island unless I'm missing something. Are they only vulnerable to grenades, melee weapons?

CJ_Mulcahy

CJ_Mulcahy
  • 8 posts

Level 54 forest

Military 

Morning Star

Wouldn't have killed it without training ( running in circles while others shoot it) I believe the resistance should be nerfed, or removed and just jack the health way up.

kennix18

kennix18
  • 56 posts

I did meet two elite infected today in the first 10 minutes of gameplay.

1. lvl 50 map spawned a rare infected, had impressive projectile resistance, makes an RPK that deals about 160 dmg per shot (about 443 dps with no gear on ) do 2 damage on him :P

2. lvl 55 island map spawned a unique infected RIOT, sprinted like crazy and almost tore up all my survivors.

By the way Con, unique RIOT infected I have encountered DO NOT take damage from firearms, and since most of us only take 1 melee to island ( or so i think ),

the melee gets torn up pretty easily due to impressive resistance on both projectile AND melee of the elite infected.

*NOTE : It'd be nice if the unique infected didn't sprint, but walked instead, especially those riot zombies, their NORMAL cousins don't sprint but walk, and since those unique riots carry HUGE melee weapons with them, sprinting makes them seem extremely scary.

Edited by kennix18, 15 June 2016 - 03:34 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

1.  54 - Forest

2.  Unique Riot

3.  Sword? with 4ish range

4.  Resistance too high.

1.  54 - Suburban Street

2.  Unique green something

3.  ?

4.  Died too quickly.  Needs to be buffed.

Edited by joeIII, 15 June 2016 - 03:34 PM.

Blackprince

Blackprince
  • 3 posts

1 island lvl 3    2 uni riot herc   3 hammer   4 resistance way to high. Please sort this out. i have been playing this great game for a long time now. Its the first time i have felt like quitting the game

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

1- Level that I saw - 51 on the island 1st stage;

2- A Giant HERC zombie;

3- Looked like an Improvised Sledge but im not sure;

4- The zombies melle range was just absurd I had 1 men in front of him he atacked him and damage all my other 4 men that where at least 2 points of range behind, also the resistance is also too much, PvP weapons do 1 damage a hit to him while he has like 1000 HP.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,693 posts

Ok just finished an island run. 

1. Lvl 53 Monument

2. Exceedingly large HERC riot guy

3. A big long sword metal thingy

4. Health. I had three unique RPKs DPS: 1108, 795, 884, and two lvl 55 submachine guns, DPS: 606 and 664. Wisely I blew up the barricades just in case I encountered one of these super zeds. Managed to scavenge the map and disable the generators, but in the name of science decided to stick around and see if one of them appeared. One of them did.

When it did my cunning plan would swing into action. We would shoot and then scarper, rotating around the map whilst dishing out damage, hoping I didn't get a zed rush. This was working quite well as a plan, until I noticed that health bar of it wasn't doing much. In fact it wasn't doing anything. Several more laps of the map with additional zeds joining in and I realised my guys were in peril. 

They legged it to the green zone, through the destroyed door, which I had fortunately destroyed earlier. 

Conclusion: I guess it was blind luck it turned up after I had destroyed the exist barrier. If I hadn't destroyed it with it around and me shuffling my guys around the map trying to keep range between it and them I wouldn't have been able to destroy it and it's presence would have killed my island run. So if this type is undestroyable perhaps at least make it only turn up when you have destroyed the exist barrier. 

I'm scratching my chin a bit wondering what the purpose of super zeds you can't actually kill is though. A welcome something big and dangerous, but big and immortal I don't get. 

Edited by Harpago, 15 June 2016 - 06:34 PM.

Alice

Alice
  • 20 posts

1. Final island mission - zombie compound with generators

2. Large unique Herc/Riot zombie

3. Warhammer

4. Always comes with a rush as I'm moving my guys.  Never done a bit of damage to it.  Blue sword, minigun, RPK, VS.

I have not been able to finish the island since this came out.  Every time one of these things spawns during a rush (which usually occurs as I'm moving my guys) and everybody is dead within about five seconds.  I'd like to try to kill one, but during a rush as my guys move into position is damned impossible for me.  Somewhat frustrating, to say the least.

Bieroholiker

Bieroholiker
  • 61 posts

3 Rares from today until now.

52-53 (Street, Hospital, Large Park)

All 3 big military guy. 

3. What weapon they had. 

Two with pickhammers and one with a sledge hammer

The Health is ok. Damage also. They are challenging, but that's the point, right. Bullets do 1-3 damage, but I had two guys with Pulverizers and well, the name is adequate. They took some damage but no problem with killing the Rare Elite.

Waiting for a unique. Heard they are a pain in the a**.

Edited by Bieroholiker, 15 June 2016 - 07:10 PM.