• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

1) lvl 53

2) Military

3) Flail

4) It was killed pretty quickly, hadn't done any damage, I'm still using average melee (blue sword, tack blade) and correct guns (pistol with holster and Hell Slinger without arrow). So far no problem.

kevin1802

kevin1802
  • 11 posts

-Elite Riot gear zombie

-Island raid (Monument)

-some kind of big stick

spawned with a horde, impervious to firearms and (apparently) explosives, and barely touched by my melee (Ultimate Drivehammer).  By itself, or even with a normal zombie spawn this could be survivable (only if I keep running) and I might be able to complete my raid, but on top of a horde it's too much.  The range on the elite makes kiting nearly impossible, it apparently has a knockback rating (stunned my melee and, with a horde of running military and HERC, it was immediately taken out), and the horde's fast movers make run and gun damn near impossible (lost a recon and almost lost a third raider before I got to the green zone and quit).  Multiple melee might make this survivable, but that'll hurt me on the human maps.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,165 posts

Encountered my first unique elite infected off the island, so was willing to fight it.  Level 53 Security, Riot, unsure what weapon it was wielding.  Took me about 20 seconds to knock it down with a balanced team of 3 guns and two melees.  Both melee guys were wearing max melee resist,  when ones health got too low, backed it off and healed it then sent ti back into the fray.

Difficulty seemed fine, though I really wouldn't have liked to encounter that on the island with a less balanced, or a non-full team (of any setup) off the island..

Edited by Zingman, 15 June 2016 - 10:28 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Encountered my first unique elite infected off the island, so was willing to fight it.  Level 53 Security, Riot, unsure what weapon it was wielding.  Took me about 20 seconds to knock it down with a balanced team of 3 guns and two melees.  Both melee guys were wearing max melee resist,  when ones health got too low, backed it off and healed it then sent ti back into the fray.

Difficulty seemed fine, though I really wouldn't have liked to encounter that on the island with a less balanced, or a non-full team (of any setup) off the island..

The problem with a melee island set up is I doubt any of us have scavenged ultra rare melee vests packing in projectile and explosive resistant at the same time. I've got one melee vest with 65% projectile resistance and 70% melee resistance, but no explosive resistance, so have been taking out nervously. But even taking it out for a ride the current get hit with a HERC mine fault where you rush around afterwards, as reported, just seems like suicide to bother venturing out without explosive resistance 

And then you get hit with a zed where the bullets literally bounce off. Ran my main account on an island run earlier, and chose to stick around after all was completed. I wish I didn't bother. Leader was dead before I even noticed the elite was on the field, being a danger. Far to much resistance to bullets, Basically game not actually fun with to play any more wit the stats you've given them

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

Ok guys. We hear you on them causing problems on the island.

We're pushing a server change now that will stop Elites from spawning during the Island Raid. This might not be a permanent thing, we might revisit it and figure out a way to balance it.

If you're online now, you'll need to refresh to get it.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

I personally wouldn't mind getting those bullet immune ones with insane aps and dmg on a normal mission, where I can afford to lose a couple survivors, but on the island that's just too much to deal with, especially for people less equipped than I am. Thanks for the patch :D

kevin1802

kevin1802
  • 11 posts

Thanks Con - I like the idea of these guys and I'm looking forward to trying to take one out on a city map, but there's too much at stake on an island raid for these guys.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

Ok guys. We hear you on them causing problems on the island.

We're pushing a server change now that will stop Elites from spawning during the Island Raid. This might not be a permanent thing, we might revisit it and figure out a way to balance it.

If you're online now, you'll need to refresh to get it.

would actually like to see them spawn on island, since for a lot of people thats the only manual missions they do.

maybe possible to not let the strongest elites spawn on island?

Edit: On further thought i think its best to remove them from island. Otherwise you would either need to make them pretty easy for more casual players to be able to beat them, since a lot of those players will probably have trouble coming up with the necessary changes to their guns and gear

Edited by Lanceyy, 16 June 2016 - 06:04 AM.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

1. lvl51 union island bridge

2. HERC

3. Saw-Axe

4. seems about right for the easier type of elites

video of it:

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

1. lvl55 Union Island Compound

2. Riot

3. Bigass Warhammer

4. way too much health. took me 3.5 minutes to take down with appropriate weapons. will be close to impossible with only 1 melee in team

video of it:

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

Thanks for those Lance, really helpful. 

Obabo

Obabo
  • 9 posts

Today, I encountered yet another Unique Riot Elite at Alton Large Park as I'm 100% done with the map and am 1 minute till exit. I get rushed AND the elite at the same time. He tears through my Fighter with 35% resistance and Scavenger with 50% resistance in like 4 or 5 hits each.

And the rush doesn't help, yo.

Edit: Encountered Unique Riot Elite at Alton Suburban Street. Always appears with rush. Tore through survivors in 3 hits each.

Honestly, these guys are not the slightest bit balanced. This really feels like a one-sided battle, where if you get one of these faggots, its game over, no contest. They are either ridiculously tough or are the zombie equivalent of One Punch Man. Please rebalance.

Edited by Obabo, 16 June 2016 - 10:49 AM.

Thisisi

Thisisi
  • 1 posts

Where : Level 54 Shopping Strip

Looked Like: Brown 

Weapon: Large Axe or Maul

What do I think: I can see the large majourity of the game is going to like this update as it does challenge them but I am going to bow out of playing now. I fully admit to being a poor player as my reflexes are not the best, so having this happen when a rush is going on makes it impossible for me not to lose somebody. At least with the island/pvp I could ignore that aspect of the game but since these happen anywhere I am going to be constantly losing people for a poor reward at best. Thank you for the game so far. 

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Nice Lanceyy. 

Looks like the warhammer riot uniques do a lot less damage than the sword/bloodluster ones?  Your guys just have standard 70% resist melee armor, right?

JawZ

JawZ
  • 16 posts

2 times on Union Island : 1st time in 1st misson and the 2nd time in the 3rd mission. Both it was a Riot-like zombi with a battle axe.

Insensitive to bullets and highly resistant to melee (2 or 3 damages dealt per attack).

The first time, I lost my men without being able to do anything.

The second time, when the elite went into contact I moved away and the zombi was "frozen" for 30 seconds (bug ?). During that time all my men were hitting the elite... 30 seconds and the elite's life didn't decrease (or maybe 2 or 3%).

So, 100% projectile resist, and the 90% melee resist, the high damage dealt by its battle axe. All of this are out of balance. It's quite impossible to get this elite down... specially while doing the union island at level 55...

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

1) Lvl 54

2) green riot

3) machete or saw-axe

4) during a rush, it took down 3 survivors on 4, but I would have killed it if I had been more cautious. Immune to bullets, my second melee was a scavenger with not enough melee resistance. Big problem is that the melee taking damage was not able to move back to be healed. The instant suppression made him dead from the beginning of the fight. Other problem, the second melee was slightly injured and took quite a lot of damage. After being partially healed (yes the medic was killed too) he didn't fought at all, that's a new bug for me.

I'll be more cautious next time and that should do.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Cool for the temp adjustment to the island. But to echo what Cherry said in the root update thread, something is now missing from running an Island. I've run a few missions in Green Plains with four melee guys and a scavenger, who quite frankly have been taking out unique elites with complete ease, with good crafts and gear.

I've just run a small street with two melee fighters two rpg fighters and a scavenger and they still hacked the unique elite guy to ribbons, taking a bit of damage in the process. The problem with the island is to complete a HERC mission you need three ranged guns, and the problem with explosives persists, given most melee vests don't come with anything close to 70% resistance. And you get chopped to bits fighting these guys without a melee vest. 

At this stage my suggestion to keeping them genuinely scary and dangerous, would be reduce their resistance to projectiles somewhat. I encountered them during rushes a few times tonight, but on the island the max you can realistically get away with the HERC missions is one melee fighter guy and the scavenger if you are feeling brave, everyone else has to be armed with guns to deal with the HERC guys. And you are sending them out on a suicide sled without explosive resistance. I recycle unique armour I find without at least 50% resistance even with a lucky bonus. You just die. There is also still the bug where you get hit with a blast and your guys rush around aimlessly. 

So I would suggest a super hard island elite, you stand a chance with with bullets and perhaps a melee guy, perhaps more common than they were appearing, and as they are for normal missions where to be honest, they are a breeze with two melee guys if you have equipped them appropriate gear. 

I found those fast moving guys a while back far more scary on both counts though

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I'm still with Harpago.  Most uni elites are too easy to be fun.  There's just a few with extraordinary resistance that are causing most of the complaints. 

Why not just SLIGHTLY reduce the resistance of Riot uni elites?  (Maybe even just the sword variety?)  Remember, going from 99% to 98% makes them twice as vulnerable!  It really seems to me that this is just the problem of not having set hard upper bounds on resistance.  Like what happened with armor.

With a little tweak to the very hardest elites, all the rest can return to the island.  Maybe even get a buff.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,165 posts

Two unique elites today, one in a level 53 shopping strip, the other in the level 54 police station.   Neither one posed much of a threat, though they did take awhile to go down.

Key seems to be have a balanced team and a good medic (leader might not be good enough if you haven't put points in).

With two survivors equipped with melee and max resist vests they really presented no problem at all.  Didn't need to kite or anything, just back off the wounded melee guy to heal.

But yeah, wouldn't want to face one with less than that right now.

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

Ok, new question. 

What is the general consensus on the Elites that have 100% ballistic resistance?