Armed Infected Dissapointing?

Dissapointing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 111 posts

vXONKMu.jpg

If unique Elite boxes (and rare twice as low on rewards) all look like that then I'd rather just run away from then and not be bothered to even kill them. I might have not read the entire concept of what they contain and if it's a matter of luck to get an item inside but it really doesn't feel worth it.

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

Even better, you dont always get those ears. You might end up getting 2 IC.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 693 posts

Honestly we should get something better if we have to go up against 100% bullet res and 95% melee res herc riots. 

I think the reward should depend on the infected itself, if it was an easy one then a cheaper reward, otherwise, buff it up a bit

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

free fuel is free.

And besides the 100% resistant ones, they arn't that hard to kill.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Other than the high resist ones, i barely notice them, so no the extra reward we get for defeating one zombie is not disappointing.

Edited by Zingman, 21 June 2016 - 07:22 PM.

Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack
  • 17 posts

Im not sure what you do with those ears.. they're starting to stack up on me.. gonna have to make a neckless before long.

I think the loot list is fixed.. seems like every time I get this yellow one rain coat, jump suit or bio hazard suit.. not sure which, I get 2 ear and 3 fuel.

I'd like a little more variety on the loot list but like others said it's free fuel so hey thats always nice.

and they're kinda like little boss fights so that's interesting too.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Im not sure what you do with those ears.. they're starting to stack up on me.. gonna have to make a neckless before long.

The ears are Infamous Trophies and used for crafting high-level infamous items. Read through the release notes to find out more - http://forum.conarti...pdate/?p=133690

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 693 posts

I think we're going to need another use for the ears soon, because sooner or later we will have crafted all the infamous items.

Also, I really don't understand why they drop ears from level 15 on because only at level 40 could you start making infamous items with the ears.
Killing A super tough unique infected only to get 3 fuel is a bit disappointing imo

gwn3030

gwn3030
  • 68 posts

I for one, like them (and yes I have got my a** kicked by them). It has forced me to switch up my Island team to include two melee members instead of my usually 4 shooters and one melee, just in case I run into one of the 100% / 95% Elites (dang, a 610 with 70% and a 540 with 55% has a tough time with those). So it has made the Z missions worry-some, and the Herc missions harder with only 3 shooters. Thanks to Con.

Once we get Herc maps in the lower levels, it will bring another forced change to crew and gear loadouts.

Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack
  • 17 posts

The ears are Infamous Trophies and used for crafting high-level infamous items. Read through the release notes to find out more - http://forum.conarti...pdate/?p=133690

Ya I read that before but at lv30 they're just taking up space.

I guess I should have mentioned my level,  my neckless idea was sarcasm.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 693 posts

Ya I read that before but at lv30 they're just taking up space.

I guess I should have mentioned my level,  my neckless idea was sarcasm.

a good way of fixing this is either adding more infamous low level items (or make them take infamous trophies) or make them drop other things besides ears 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,742 posts

These elite zeds being bullet resistance has killed the game completely if you've got mellowed out into gameplay you grown used to playing the game for a while, using guns. I've actually just realised running manual missions with melee weapons is like watching paint dry. They are slow and at high level not my idea of being equipped with one gun designed to rip limbs off with the squeeze of a trigger and a couple of melee guys hanging around just because an elite might turn up completely immune to the effects of a spray of the gun you spent twenty bucks upgrading to maximum level. So yes this incarnation of elites is shit

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

Elites have not forced me to change my 4 gun 1 melee team. It simply made me have to kite a zombie/pack of zombies for a bit longer than normal.... other than that, I get free fuel. No complaints about that.

However the fact that it doesn't really challenge me is a bit unsatisfying. If the devs think making me click in a circle for 30 seconds compared to 5 seconds is challenging... you guys need to rethink your definition of challenging/fun. lol

Edited by longorjames, 09 July 2016 - 11:05 PM.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

the rare elite is rather easy to kill, no complian by getting 3 fuel from it. But the uniques?

man i'm may not have the strongest weapons, but i got i run with full decent uniwues  still i didn't managed to kill a single one in the lv 50+ areas. so getting  a ear and 5 fule would be really frustrating for so much effort.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 693 posts

the rare elite is rather easy to kill, no complian by getting 3 fuel from it. But the uniques?

man i'm may not have the strongest weapons, but i got i run with full decent uniwues  still i didn't managed to kill a single one in the lv 50+ areas. so getting  a ear and 5 fule would be really frustrating for so much effort.

I feel you man, I have rather decent gear and I still get trashed, unless I kite for 2 minutes, but that only works if not a lot of zombies spawn

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

kiting works in the 50- areas, but not on the last 2 areas, the commom zeds there are already decently strong, if just 2 or 3 start to hit the worng survivor all goes to hell...

if i use gear devoted to dmg the survivors get to squishy, if i use armors they take forever to lower the health bar, i'm playing this for araound 3 years, feeling a bit stupid, i was always a pvp player and not even the union island gave me that much trouble and i was severely underequiped when it came out.

gonna loook for some vids to see if that helps.

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris
  • 24 posts

kiting works in the 50- areas, but not on the last 2 areas, the commom zeds there are already decently strong, if just 2 or 3 start to hit the worng survivor all goes to hell...

if i use gear devoted to dmg the survivors get to squishy, if i use armors they take forever to lower the health bar, i'm playing this for araound 3 years, feeling a bit stupid, i was always a pvp player and not even the union island gave me that much trouble and i was severely underequiped when it came out.

gonna loook for some vids to see if that helps.

Where are you looking at/for videos? Sounds like I need to too