Patch - V1.73 Build 1381

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts
Notes from today's quick patch. 

Bounties
- Added the ability to abandon an Infected Bounty. If you have passed the reissue time limit, you will be given a new Infected Bounty immediately, otherwise you have the ability to purchase a new Bounty for Fuel

Elite Infected
- Elite Infected will no longer spawn when the time limit is reaching the the end of a mission
- The UI will now display an overlay effect when an Elite Infected spawns during a mission
- Balancing to all Elites
- Removed 100% resistance on high end Elites

General
- Further fixes to the Chrome scroll wheel bug

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

So can we expect elites back on the island soon?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Elite Infected
- Elite Infected will no longer spawn when the time limit is reaching the the end of a mission

Just curious, what is the time frame we're looking at here?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Enough :)

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 89 posts

Thanks for the scroll wheel bug fix Sev , that was driving me crazy lol !!!

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

Thanks for the scroll wheel bug fix Sev , that was driving me crazy lol !!!

No problem. Con actually came up with a solution that worked.  I just implemented it.  

RickN

RickN
  • 68 posts

Thanks for the abandon button. Already has come in handy on my first infected bounty since it was added. 10 Bruisers and 10 hercs in Green Plains. Got the Hercs in first mission but did not even see a bruiser and by end of 2nd only 2. Time to abort since the bounty will not be worth more effort.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Just to follow this up, we don't want to give any details on timing for this so that people are less likely to game the system. It should feel as natural as possible, when they arrive or don't.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 378 posts

Just to give some feedback about Elite timing: I got a unique infected today about 45 sec before the end of the mission, I could defeat it, thanks to my 5-sword team and the alliance boosts & books. Happened in a level 51 gun store.

GxzyzZw.png

Dovewings

Dovewings
  • 5 posts

Con, I hope the game goes well and continues to grow.  As for me, it's time to move on.  Being forced to play a style that I am uncomfortable with doesn't work for me (Have to have melee in party).  I may return one day.  Till then take care and good luck.  *poof*

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

Con, I hope the game goes well and continues to grow.  As for me, it's time to move on.  Being forced to play a style that I am uncomfortable with doesn't work for me (Have to have melee in party).  I may return one day.  Till then take care and good luck.  *poof*

can i have your stuff?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

I'm beginning to feel this. Projectile resistant infected is game changing and it's not the game i've been enjoying over the years, shooting things. It seems forced on us as well. Time will tell I guess, my interest in this game has just taken a massive hit.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Hate so say this but me too. I mean, I've always had one melee anyways on missions but these new ones don't feel balanced or any fun to be completely honest. Having been forced to run all missions with two melees even outside island so that my medic can heal up the other melee guy after being mauled by nigh invulnerable beast just is no fun to me.

EDIT: I meant to say "me too" to Harpgos post, I'm not leaving just yet :)

Edited by hershelwise, 22 June 2016 - 10:35 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

So you've all played a bunch since the patch yesterday where I lowered the ballistic resistance on all the zombies, right? The melee resistance is literally 1% different to the ballistic resistance. No one is "forcing" you to use melee. 

Are you just struggling with the challenge of enemies that don't drop in 2 seconds?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

So you've all played a bunch since the patch yesterday where I lowered the ballistic resistance on all the zombies, right? The melee resistance is literally 1% different to the ballistic resistance. No one is "forcing" you to use melee. 

Are you just struggling with the challenge of enemies that don't drop in 2 seconds?

Not struggling at all, just not the gameplay I like. I ran a couple of missions earlier for bounty and encountered one unique elite who my melee guys hacked up perfectly due to the fact they were armed with melee weapons. The bullets being fired from my other guys didn't seem to contribute much. Not how i've been enjoying this game. An unenjoyable gaming experience. I came here to largely shoot things.

As I said in another thread, you don't need ballistic resistant zeds to keep us on our toes, we've had deadly zeds freak us out in the past, and they were fun. And this is a game based about around guns, unless you're running autos, or run out of ammo; and I got hooked on shooting things. And spent shit loads of money upgrading guns as was step by step with the game. And now you've changed the game completely so all that upgrading has been completely pointless? Naturally i'm completely pissed

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

TBH the only problem i have is no uni elite infected have spawned for me yet

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Not struggling at all, just not the gameplay I like. I ran a couple of missions earlier for bounty and encountered one unique elite who my melee guys hacked up perfectly due to the fact they were armed with melee weapons. The bullets being fired from my other guys didn't seem to contribute much. Not how i've been enjoying this game. An unenjoyable gaming experience. I came here to largely shoot things.

As I said in another thread, you don't need ballistic resistant zeds to keep us on our toes, we've had deadly zeds freak us out in the past, and they were fun. And this is a game based about around guns, unless you're running autos, or run out of ammo; and I got hooked on shooting things. And spent shit loads of money upgrading guns as was step by step with the game. And now you've changed the game completely so all that upgrading has been completely pointless? Naturally i'm completely pissed

As I said, literally 1% difference between the melee and ballistic resistance now. Give it a few days?

I'm just struggling to see how this is affecting your enjoyment. Are the numbers coming off the infected not big enough? Does it make your weapons feel weak? Is that it?

We put this stuff in to challenge people, to get some interest back into the game. Sitting 5 guns in an exit zone and walking away isn't most people's idea of fun, right?

Also, I'm not suggesting that you're wrong for not enjoying it, and I'm sure there's more people like you. I'm just trying to understand exactly what it is that is hurting your enjoyment. 

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Just to give some feedback about Elite timing: I got a unique infected today about 45 sec before the end of the mission, I could defeat it, thanks to my 5-sword team and the alliance boosts & books. Happened in a level 51 gun store.

GxzyzZw.png

Thanks zsole, looks like you might've got a delayed wave. We'll have to take that into consideration. 

RickN

RickN
  • 68 posts

Not there yet and plan to give it a few more weeks to see how it goes in the long run. I love the idea of tougher zeds and them being armed is OK. I feel they are, or were a little to tough and way to combat effective. A zed should not be able to hack that fast.

Personally my biggest problems are the dress up items taking up my inventory space until I can recycle them, but they do give heavy cloth when I do recycle them. The other problem is the bounties and I am waiting to see how they changed after the last updates. I have been at level 55 for months now and the only things I find useful are fuel, small quantities of ammo, some medical with the new zeds, and unique upgrade tokens. Everything else gets recycled.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Was running the clock out in Green Plains for an infected bounty and...

elite_zpselckx4n8.jpg

Spawned with 14 seconds left.  That's not enough time to down that -- was barely down to 80% by the time the clock ran out.