Photo

Patch - V1.73 Build 1381

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Was running the clock out in Green Plains for an infected bounty and...

Spawned with 14 seconds left.  That's not enough time to down that -- was barely down to 80% by the time the clock ran out.

Yeah, obviously we didn't set the timer to anywhere near that, it's much longer. Did you have a particularly long fight with other zombies just before that?

The way that the waves of infected come in is that they will "start" a long time before you actually see them, sometimes waiting until the max zombie number has dropped enough for you to spawn. 

I'll have a look at making that spawn time restriction much longer. 

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Yesterday a riot elite spawned in Green plains with 40 seconds left.

I thought I can bring it down but even two melee and three guns didn't manage to do it in time.

Looked like guns dealing 1 damage per hit and melee a little more ... well balanced in my opinion but it takes time thanks to increased health of elite.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

So you've all played a bunch since the patch yesterday where I lowered the ballistic resistance on all the zombies, right? The melee resistance is literally 1% different to the ballistic resistance. No one is "forcing" you to use melee. 

Are you just struggling with the challenge of enemies that don't drop in 2 seconds?

Even though I'm liking the fact that the zeds are no longer immune to damage type I'm having an issue how strong they are. I like the challenge if there was a way to effectively combat them but there really is not. If I bring guns, they get shredded by Elites and melees are ineffective because of the high APS and Knockback of Elites. It really is no where near an even playing field. My biggest issue that takes a lot away from my enjoyment is that it feels like there is different rules for the Elites. They get really high APS and Knockback melee attack when we have to take one or the other and their resistances are still absolutely ridiculous.

In short, I'm not saying I can't beat the Elites, I can and have. They just are no fun and take away from my enjoyment because the game feels like an up-hill battle everytime I see an Elite. I play this game for fun and don't mind the challenge if it feels like it is fun. The Elites, they don't.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

I'm just struggling to see how this is affecting your enjoyment. Are the numbers coming off the infected not big enough? Does it make your weapons feel weak? Is that it?

We put this stuff in to challenge people, to get some interest back into the game. Sitting 5 guns in an exit zone and walking away isn't most people's idea of fun, right?

Also, I'm not suggesting that you're wrong for not enjoying it, and I'm sure there's more people like you. I'm just trying to understand exactly what it is that is hurting your enjoyment. 

As you already said more than once, there will always be people to complain (I'm not excluded from this) if you do something. Most of them would also complain if you sit and do nothing...

Edited by Ronan, 23 June 2016 - 05:47 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Yeah, obviously we didn't set the timer to anywhere near that, it's much longer. Did you have a particularly long fight with other zombies just before that?

The way that the waves of infected come in is that they will "start" a long time before you actually see them, sometimes waiting until the max zombie number has dropped enough for you to spawn. 

I'll have a look at making that spawn time restriction much longer. 

Don't think so, had been sitting in safe racking up kills for the infected bounty.   Regular zombies (even riot) don't tend to last that long at all.

Strider

Strider
  • 218 posts

Speaking of the bounty changes, what's up with the bruiser spawn rates? Are they like the new police infected? Their spawn rate when targeted for active bounties are EXTREMELY low, but go anywhere else and the game decides to drown you in them. 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

Speaking of the bounty changes, what's up with the bruiser spawn rates? Are they like the new police infected? Their spawn rate when targeted for active bounties are EXTREMELY low, but go anywhere else and the game decides to drown you in them. 

yes i have noticed this too as i have been to the Park, the Highway, and a Forest in Green Plains and only one has spawned so far

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

There was no change to existing spawn rates. The Elites work on their own spawn cycles, independent of the regular infected spawns.

RickN

RickN
  • 68 posts

Something seems to have changed with the spawn rates. It has gotten so "challenging" running so many missions and trying to find the correct infected that I am nodding off waiting for them to show up. We seem to have gone right past challenging to boring and repetitive. One of mine tonight is kill 10 HERC in the bricks. Have run 4 missions and seen 6 HERCS and I know the bounty is going to not be worth the effort. Still deciding on abandoning two infected bounties in a row. Adjust the spawn rates back and throw in the elites to make it harder.

EDIT: OK I went ahead and finished the bounty just to see if it was worth the effort with the new bounty rewards, answer is no. 15 missions to complete and the only thing useful for me was a pitiful 20 fuel. I will not be wasting my time running anymore infected bounties.

Edited by RickN, 24 June 2016 - 10:49 AM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I agree that the dynamic changes a little with the new elites.  For my part I like it better.  I think also that given the new 'no more invincible' nerf, given time we should be able to pretty much use the old dynamic anyway. 

Ashe_Black

Ashe_Black
  • 17 posts

Just got a rush about 30 seconds towards the end of the mission. Rare turned up with about 19 seconds to go.  Nearly got him, 1 more slice   :(

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Ok, i've got my head around these guys. I think I was being a bit over-dramatic in my previous post. Two melee guys can handle them fine, still leaving you with three guns to go blam. And quite frankly my guns upgraded at level 55 are simply beasts. Any more than three is simply being luxurious. I've now got a medic who can spit out 2200 dps!  You could probably get away with one melee guy, I haven't got round to trying though, but the time it takes to take them out is a welcome remedy to getting sloppy or complacent running missions, and a fair enough shrug if you get taken out if they hit you at the wrong moment.

With regards to the island, it would be cool to have some kind elite infected to keep us on our toes without the ballistic resistance. If memory still serves me, we've had two event themed variants. Those fast guys which were awesome, and the big slow moving guy who splashed out the damage if you let him get to close to your guys. How about reintroducing them as unique and rare elite (in that order). Both could be dealt with with bullets, hence not ruining our survivor set ups against HERC guys and being hit with mines. 

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 518 posts

so far with the elite infected there still only taking 1 damage per hit with melee and guns.  I only manage to kill elite infected with guns only  my melee survivors could not stand a chance against the elite infected. 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

so far with the elite infected there still only taking 1 damage per hit with melee and guns.  I only manage to kill elite infected with guns only  my melee survivors could not stand a chance against the elite infected. 

That's odd, i'm chopping them to pieces after a bit of a skirmish. 

How is this playing out for non-DMU guys btw, playing missions perhaps without the luxury of five well armed guys? 

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

That's odd, i'm chopping them to pieces after a bit of a skirmish. 

How is this playing out for non-DMU guys btw, playing missions perhaps without the luxury of five well armed guys? 

I can kill a Rare with 3 survivors on a Level 50 mission, but it requires 4 survivors to kill a rare on a 51+ mission. I use one melee scavenger kiter with a scav vest, even after killing a rare, I either lose a scav, or have one pixel of health left on them. Imo fighting Rare infected seems like a fair challenge to me, the Unique infected are pure destruction, though.

And for Elite infected in general, if they run towards your ranged survivors, consider the mission over.

I don't use 2 melees as other people apparently do, it's hard to coordinate 2 kiters at once, especially if there are other infected around the Elite. And if I try to rotate them out and try to send one at a time to a medic, the other guy will die. So basically, every strategy listed on the forums, is thrown out the window for me.

Elites also pose another obstacle to the usual grind. I have to use my 4 highest level survivors to deal with the New Horizons areas, the rest now have to do missions in Uptown and under, so they can gain XP without dying from giant hammers. I literally have to grind for XP, before I can grind for XP.

(I didn't contribute much to the other Elite threads, since everybody started saying they were easy after a while, and I don't want to be the goose. So this basically my entire experience and observations that I want to tell, compiled in a single comment.)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I think they are finally balanced. They're killable, but they take ages. I wouldn't mind seeing rewards get a buff, considering how rare the unique infected are. Rares are a pain as well, but they are killable, and they don't die in seconds like they used to sometimes. 

My fighter using a blue sword dealing about 650 dps with a decent defiler vest, and my scav supporting with a good uni scav armor with a drivehammer still almost died because of a uni herc, managed to pull them out and let the elite focus on my other guys long enough to heal my melee. I did that several times over, and after a minute of constant fire from a 600 dps uni XM8, a over 1k dps infamous mini with a swiftdraw, and a 500 dps uni shotty, I managed to kill it. I've yet to open the box because I quite frankly don't want to get 2 useless ears and some fuel. 

My bad if the rewards are different from that 

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

My infamous sledge hammer does about 10 damage critting when I hit the back of infected elites. Guns do 1 in the face, and 2-3 in the back hitting crits.

My game plan is to have the melee distract the elite and have my 4 shooters just crit it to death. The crits also seem to perma stun/knock back the zombie in place so they can't really kill my melee :)

Although this plan is easier said than done, as I need space to do it, so it's harder to perform in small maps...

Edited by longorjames, 27 June 2016 - 05:14 AM.