Photo

Manual Reloads In Pvp Raids Disabled

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

With today's shutdown we made a key change to PVP raiding. 

- Manual reloading during raiding is now disabled

- Survivors will still auto reload if their magazine is less than 50% capacity and they're idle

We have looked at a few solutions over the past months to rectify certain exploits that were a result of being able to time your reloads. We tried adding a delay to the manual reloads, and that didn't seem to make much difference. 

So as a test we're disabling all forms of manual reload for PVP Raids. This will stay or go based on your feedback, so we're interested to hear how you feel about it. 

ladds

ladds
  • 17 posts

That's the best news i have heard of late in this game.This has been pending for years.. Good job m8.

Sunny

Sunny
  • 3 posts

Are there opportunities for community members to have access to a separate server for alpha or beta testing? If such opportunities are provided, then that would provide additional feedback prior to a live update, and would give the dev team greater freedom to experiment with new ideas in the hopes that such ideas might be implemented as an official part of the game in the future.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Are there opportunities for community members to have access to a separate server for alpha or beta testing? If such opportunities are provided, then that would provide additional feedback prior to a live update, and would give the dev team greater freedom to experiment with new ideas in the hopes that such ideas might be implemented as an official part of the game in the future.

Not with our current set up, no. 

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Have been waiting for this for long!

goldingwarrior

goldingwarrior
  • 6 posts

not relate to this post but like the new soued for a elite coming after me and does NO damage to my team just great just all doge you may want to fix that conarist

Edited by goldingwarrior, 27 June 2016 - 06:58 AM.

billgfjhghghghgh

billgfjhghghghgh
  • 148 posts

nice con.. too bad bows can do the same thing still but theyre still there :D

Edited by billgfjhghghghgh, 27 June 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

nice con.. too bad bows can do the same thing still but theyre still there :D

It's almost as if we weren't trying to address bows...

billgfjhghghghgh

billgfjhghghghgh
  • 148 posts

Make it so you can take damage when reloading . why would we need that anyway? poof problem solved no need to disable R even

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Make it so you can take damage when reloading . why would we need that anyway? poof problem solved no need to disable R even

I don't think you've thought this through.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

It's almost as if we weren't trying to address bows...

Bow raiding still feels like exploiting ... :)

billgfjhghghghgh

billgfjhghghghgh
  • 148 posts

maybe but i dont think u though how people dont like to buy guns and make their defences good to get f.....ed by 5 bows in less than a minute :) and then u disable manual reload but cant do nothing with bows its like  playing with em or us.. no offence

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

maybe but i dont think u though how people dont like to buy guns and make their defences good to get f.....ed by 5 bows in less than a minute :) and then u disable manual reload but cant do nothing with bows its like  playing with em or us.. no offence

If you'd like to impart your knowledge about the problems with bows and how we could fix them, you should start another thread in the PVP section to discuss it. No offense taken, I'm not sure how these things are even remotely related.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I don't really see the issue with bows, seems to be all about the right defence because my compound has succesfully defended against every bow raider.

Bow raiding still feels like exploiting ... :)

As a side note, I may remember someone with in-game name Cherry trying to raid me with bows :D I might be completely wrong here and not trying to start a fight, though. Just popped in my head when I read your post.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Best update evah!  This looks effective like the exploit is finally patched, far as I can see.

It also looks like 'idle' means 'not shooting at anything', regardless of whether or not a survivor is under fire?  That is to say, an attacker with a small effective range, who is in a defender's range, will reload at 50% even while being shot at by the defender.  Gaming the new system (keeping a near attacker in reload) involves manually targeting something, then untargeting below 50% capacity, and repeating.  Much more difficult, and provides a lot more time for defenders to down the attacker.

I think bill's point is a reasonable one.  As has been mentioned many times elsewhere, reload invulnerability just feels buggy.  And it leads to weird results like bow raiding.  That said, as long as attackers can't become invulnerable at will, I think there are arguments for leaving bow raiding in the game for its democritizing effect.

Thanks again Con and co., seems like a good patch to me.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

With today's shutdown we made a key change to PVP raiding. 

- Manual reloading during raiding is now disabled

- Survivors will still auto reload if their magazine is less than 50% capacity and they're idle

We have looked at a few solutions over the past months to rectify certain exploits that were a result of being able to time your reloads. We tried adding a delay to the manual reloads, and that didn't seem to make much difference. 

So as a test we're disabling all forms of manual reload for PVP Raids. This will stay or go based on your feedback, so we're interested to hear how you feel about it. 

I don't like the fact that I won't be able to relaod manually. It means that once smoke clears, some of my survivors might have a little over 50% clip to fire.

That being said.

Anything and everything that allows us to make the game clear and transparent is HUGELY WELCOME.

Hope this finally solves the problem with abusers.

EDIT: One more idea, since we will not be able to duck and reaload how about considering a new command for survivors. "Duck" means someone stops shotting and realoads. He stops shooting for 10 seconds. ( Those knowing how people game the system - please coment if it would be abusable).

I love the chater free perspective, but a the same time really want to keep micro-managment of my survivors.

Edited by Max1144, 27 June 2016 - 10:47 AM.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

thanks for listening con :)

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 124 posts

Possibly unrelated, but it seems that the auto reload for missions has been delayed a bit; instead of an instant reload after the the last zombie was killed, there is a 2 second pause before they reload

Not that its a big deal or anything but is this intended?

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Best update evah!  This looks effective like the exploit is finally patched, far as I can see.

It also looks like 'idle' means 'not shooting at anything', regardless of whether or not a survivor is under fire?  That is to say, an attacker with a small effective range, who is in a defender's range, will reload at 50% even while being shot at by the defender.  Gaming the new system (keeping a near attacker in reload) involves manually targeting something, then untargeting below 50% capacity, and repeating.  Much more difficult, and provides a lot more time for defenders to down the attacker.

I think bill's point is a reasonable one.  As has been mentioned many times elsewhere, reload invulnerability just feels buggy.  And it leads to weird results like bow raiding.  That said, as long as attackers can't become invulnerable at will, I think there are arguments for leaving bow raiding in the game for its democritizing effect.

Thanks again Con and co., seems like a good patch to me.

As far as I've seen, that's not how the auto reload works. You have to not see any enemies to be considered idle.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Weird.  On my auto raids auto reload definitely worked so long as an attacker was not firing on a defender, regardless of line of sight.  It would be very strange if there were different rules for auto raids and raiding other compounds. 

Did you auto raid known effective range defenders using pistols?  I found that to be the most definitive way to see what's going on.