Photo

Manual Reloads In Pvp Raids Disabled

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Weird.  On my auto raids auto reload definitely worked so long as an attacker was not firing on a defender, regardless of line of sight.  It would be very strange if there were different rules for auto raids and raiding other compounds. 

Did you auto raid known effective range defenders using pistols?  I found that to be the most definitive way to see what's going on.

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts

Possibly unrelated, but it seems that the auto reload for missions has been delayed a bit; instead of an instant reload after the the last zombie was killed, there is a 2 second pause before they reload

Not that its a big deal or anything but is this intended?

The short answer is that yes, this was intended.

When we disabled manual reloading we discovered that the auto reloads were almost never firing when you were in a PvP raid.  There was a bug in the logic that said it wouldn't reload if there were any threats, but because of the way the PvP AI works, there was almost always a threat.

Fixing that issue resulted in an undesirable side effect - whenever you moved you told your survivor to move, they would immediately start a reload when they got to their destination, even if there was someone they were in range of attacking.

It was then that we discovered that there was a delay mechanism in place to cause a small delay before it would try and trigger a reload, but due to a miscalculation it was happening after about 0.003 of a second instead of 3 seconds.  We fixed the math and the result it what we have now - the AI waits a couple of seconds to check for threats before it goes into an auto reload.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

I'm not sure how these things are even remotely related.

Removing manual reloading affects long range shooting the most. We cannot "cool down" situations anymore by refreshing magazines for pointing 5 mags at one defender. I used to trigger defenders by just a few shots to activate them and stand up and then fire with all full magazines at them. If timed perfectly, which is very hard defenders fall real fast. Now half of them are permanently reloading or are about to reload soon, noone is doing what i want... cant make them shut up by reloading all and give one command all follow at the same time...  its pure chaos. Both methods used to be quite effective and now changed to just standing and shooting and doing almost nothing. Now i can shoot a target and go out of the room and check back every few minutes if someone died and change to next target. This is superlame.

or i can shoot doors or cades to empty magazines, which takes forever and feels very stupid tbh or bring only lrs same class with same aps... i dunno

The real solution can either be buying better ranged guns for many prems or get closer (the closer the safer bows get) with BOWs for just a few keys. Getting bowed on a expensive LR defense feels total shit and i can understand all who WF and wait it out until they get removed. gl

That 3 sec delay was working fine... what was the problem? reloadexploit has always been a spawningexploit mostly, but with that delay the exploit was already fixed, did people realy count time of a smoke to run out to reload at the perfect time or what?

So a very few reload exploiters might not do their dirty tricks anymore but that all on the cost of downgrading the raidsystem for fair raiding for so many of us?

BUT

I think cade exploit got fixed :))) That exploit was THE big exploit and the nastiest shit of all time in game. So this is the very huge step forward! Thanks for that.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

This fix is the best solution ... some well known reloader might complain like usual.

There is no need to reload manually ... hoping for fair raids now.

Cade exploit got fixed as well? Wow ... just wondering how players found out quickly.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

This fix is the best solution ... some well known reloader might complain like usual.

There is no need to reload manually ... hoping for fair raids now.

Cade exploit got fixed as well? Wow ... just wondering how players found out quickly.

1) my close raiding hasnt changed, ask bear and cunningham for latest raidlogs^^

2) If you think you know everything, you must be missinformed.

3) i was expecting you asking this. just imagine a random answer and pick it and tell in your allichat.

i gave up wondering about stupid people.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

1) my close raiding hasnt changed, ask bear and cunningham for latest raidlogs^^

2) If you think you know everything, you must be missinformed.

3) i was expecting you asking this. just imagine a random answer and pick it and tell in your allichat.

i gave up wondering about stupid people.

Like usual .. it is all about Wurstl.

I wasn't referring to you but thanks for your post :)

I gave up wondering bout people thinking to be centre of universe :)

TanaG

TanaG
  • 128 posts

Cherry doesn't have any problems with reload because she uses bows anyway :))

Edited by TanaG, 28 June 2016 - 05:06 PM.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Removing manual reloading affects long range shooting the most. We cannot "cool down" situations anymore by refreshing magazines for pointing 5 mags at one defender. I used to trigger defenders by just a few shots to activate them and stand up and then fire with all full magazines at them. If timed perfectly, which is very hard defenders fall real fast. Now half of them are permanently reloading or are about to reload soon, noone is doing what i want... cant make them shut up by reloading all and give one command all follow at the same time...  its pure chaos. Both methods used to be quite effective and now changed to just standing and shooting and doing almost nothing. Now i can shoot a target and go out of the room and check back every few minutes if someone died and change to next target. This is superlame.

or i can shoot doors or cades to empty magazines, which takes forever and feels very stupid tbh or bring only lrs same class with same aps... i dunno

The real solution can either be buying better ranged guns for many prems or get closer (the closer the safer bows get) with BOWs for just a few keys. Getting bowed on a expensive LR defense feels total shit and i can understand all who WF and wait it out until they get removed. gl

That 3 sec delay was working fine... what was the problem? reloadexploit has always been a spawningexploit mostly, but with that delay the exploit was already fixed, did people realy count time of a smoke to run out to reload at the perfect time or what?

So a very few reload exploiters might not do their dirty tricks anymore but that all on the cost of downgrading the raidsystem for fair raiding for so many of us?

BUT

I think cade exploit got fixed :))) That exploit was THE big exploit and the nastiest shit of all time in game. So this is the very huge step forward! Thanks for that.

+1 to that. Finally stopping cheaters should be no1 priority, but at the same time leaving the players space for some skilled micro is needed to keep the game intresting ;)

Edited by Max1144, 29 June 2016 - 08:27 AM.

grievance

grievance
  • 14 posts

Awesome job CON . Well done . Two exploits knocked out in one swoop.  Now I wonder what will be said by those claiming to have had permission from CON to use these things that were not EXPLOITS supposedly ? LOL .....Cant thank you enough ..But thank you ...

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

I've changed my mind. It's perfect as it is now. :)

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

That sounds suspiciously like, 'I found a new way to exploit the current system.'  Congrats, I guess? 

Will you share your new exploit, or will it be up to the rest of us schmucks to go figure it out separately and spend the next couple months petitioning CAG to close a new loophole?

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

That sounds suspiciously like, 'I found a new way to exploit the current system.'  Congrats, I guess? 

Will you share your new exploit, or will it be up to the rest of us schmucks to go figure it out separately and spend the next couple months petitioning CAG to close a new loophole?

it was mentioned as a sidenote in this thread already and has something to do with shooting at buildings, but we didnt realize what certain people were doing exactly at the time. we already mailed con about it and to us it looks like it could be fixed easily.

would be nice though if people wouldnt just jump at every opportunity to exploit flaws in the raid mechanics

Edited by Lanceyy, 13 July 2016 - 07:44 PM.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

I've changed my mind. It's perfect as it is now. :)

I mean I enjoyed the drama-free time of not being blamed for exploiting.

well shit sorry i just messed it up :(

i will better not post here for a while.

Edited by Wurstl, 14 July 2016 - 06:16 AM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Cool, thanks for being on top of it Lanceyy.

And drama free is a good goal.  Getting closer all the time.

MADD_MAXXX

MADD_MAXXX
  • 16 posts

Great work by CON and the DEVs for fixing this.

Best game ever.

Thanks MAXXX