37 replies to this topic

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

Raid Log

3ea038ffff1d4a24af2870b708e3f93a.jpg

My defense setup

f3a2cba4f6fe46b192a10fda54bf5600.png

I need some help on seeing how this was possible without disarm/destroy my wire traps on the top right entrance then destroying the door. I tried it on my own but the grenade throw range is too short to nade my fort from the doorway anyways, so it's a real mystery.

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

btw I'm not calling this person a cheater; I just need answers on how he did it so I can prevent it next time.

Deadzoner

Deadzoner
  • 73 posts
Apple, I highly recommend to email this to support@deadzonegame.com because the picture you post is quite fishy.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Hey GoldenApple ... you discovered the secret of melee exploiting.

He spawned left behind your lines ... unfortunately one of his melee doesn't get supressed so he can throw grenades.

You might want to try ... it is not fair but easy to do.

Still waiting for Con to fix it.

samwalle5

samwalle5
  • 16 posts

this is not hacking or something melee exploiting..this is skill..maybe all goldenapple survival easily got kill coz of they injury

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

this is not hacking or something melee exploiting..this is skill..maybe all goldenapple survival easily got kill coz of they injury

this is skill

Sorry, but no. This is melee exploiting. You could say "you need to know how to do it", but that doesn't change the fact that it's melee exploiting. There's no other way of wording it.

Maricon

Maricon
  • 11 posts
It's not an exploit. Con said he designed this feature on purpose to get rid of one sided wonders. Totally legit according to the game devs.

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

It's not an exploit. Con said he designed this feature on purpose to get rid of one sided wonders. Totally legit according to the game devs.

Don't use Con's quotes out of context.

He designed BOWS (1 capacity, long reload time) to use the reload invincibility to (as you quoted) "deal with one sided wonders". He was NOT referring to melee exploiting and I think people have been banned for the use of melee exploit before.

Supporting my point that this is neither intended nor a legit tactic, Con has adressed the melee exploit before: He decreased the grenade throwing range for suppressed survivors and made survivors "stand up" (→ making them vulnerable) while throwing grenades.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Oh well guys ... you make me laugh :)

Two of three melee getting suppressed and one can throw tons of grenades.

Anyone explaining to me which skills I need to do that?

It is exploiting and not intended ...

samwalle5

samwalle5
  • 16 posts

Cherry are u blind or what?

When did he throw tons of grenades?

that guy only throw 4 grenade (attacker fighter 2 wear bra so he can bring 4 grenade)

and he also bring smoke to prevent getting suppressed.

Cherry u the one make me laugh now...lololo

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

Cherry are u blind or what?

When did he throw tons of grenades?

that guy only throw 4 grenade (attacker fighter 2 wear bra so he can bring 4 grenade)

and he also bring smoke to prevent getting suppressed.

Cherry u the one make me laugh now...lololo

throwing 4 consecutive grenades under 64 seconds is enough to be referred to "tons"

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 486 posts

Don't use Con's quotes out of context.

He designed BOWS (1 capacity, long reload time) to use the reload invincibility to (as you quoted) "deal with one sided wonders". He was NOT referring to melee exploiting and I think people have been banned for the use of melee exploit before.

Supporting my point that this is neither intended nor a legit tactic, Con has adressed the melee exploit before: He decreased the grenade throwing range for suppressed survivors and made survivors "stand up" (→ making them vulnerable) while throwing grenades.

Both of you are wrong. Con did indeed (ages ago as in like at least a year ago, if not more Arose.) make a comment about how he didn't see a problem with melee-nade raiding however later clarified that he was being facetious and fixes were (a good bit later) put in place to fix the way melee wielding survivors were targeted. At the time many of the more, shall we say, unscrupulous raiders in a certain pair of top alliances employed this tactic, as well as others of course. I believed that it had been fixed in way that stopped all abuse however because I'm not a scum bag I never really kept up with what the latest exploits were or bothered to find out how they worked. What I did see was that melee-nade raids on my compound dried up and those who attempted it failed miserably, whereas previously had a decent success rate using this tactic.

Edit: If I recall correctly, this was another fix put in place to help with this issue: http://forum.conarti...grenade-tweaks/

Edited by OrangeDuck, 30 June 2016 - 03:32 PM.

samwalle5

samwalle5
  • 16 posts

throwing 4 consecutive grenades under 64 seconds is enough to be referred to "tons"

^everybody can do that

i play DZ for more than 2 year and i never found any mystery raid until now..

and u goldenapple lvl 45 (new player) every week complaint to con about other player raiding.

i know u want that guy get BAN..because he trashed u

61 000 000 player play DZ. but no body complaint each other about myster raiding(except bow exploit

u still new on raiding so stop fooling yourself!!

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

^everybody can do that

i play DZ for more than 2 year and i never found any mystery raid until now..

and u goldenapple lvl 45 (new player) every week complaint to con about other player raiding.

61 000 000 player play DZ. but no body complaint each other about myster raiding(except bow exploit

While being shot at by 10 defenders? not so much

You like to look at me and call me a noob cuz of my level? I probably learned more in first 2 months than you did in your first year.

Also nading the buildings down isn't trashing. Also, I never accused him of hacking or asked for a ban on him. I simply asked how it was possible and trying to learn from it and you come up with your bullshit

I'm pretty sure melee exploit's been out for longer than bow exploits.

Already gotten 500 fuel reward 3 times and you call me a noob? get your shit together

Edited by GoldenApple_NB, 30 June 2016 - 04:02 PM.

samwalle5

samwalle5
  • 16 posts

While being shot at by 10 defenders? not so much

You like to look at me and call me a noob cuz of my level? I probably learned more in first 2 months than you did in your first year.

Also nading the buildings down isn't trashing.

I'm pretty sure melee exploit's been out for longer than bow exploits.

Already gotten 500 fuel reward 3 times and you call me a noob? get your shit together

lolol 3 time only?..

me 15+ time also this week war we 1st again lolol

but u never try lvl55 vs lvl55 so u still noob for me..

and what happening this war? hiding?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

lolol 3 time only?..

me 15+ time also this week war we 1st again lolol

but u never try lvl55 vs lvl55 so u still noob for me..

and what happening this war? hiding?

It's ok everyone, you can stop looking. 

http://sd.keepcalm-o...found-wally.png

passing player

passing player
  • 444 posts

this is off topic.

he asked how it happened. now someone should answer him instead of raging over random stuff.

and I dont see how that is not an exploit.

note: NB, is the uni armors 70% explosive any of them?

EDIT: added logic.

how did you know he want that?

or that nobody complained?

or that he is new?

OR THAT he complain everyday?

do not make comments if you do not know the truth, mate.

Edited by passing player, 30 June 2016 - 06:17 PM.

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

I've tested out the grenade damages. the grenade damage is ledgit

the problem is how the grenade was thrown in dead center of my fort

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 211 posts

people saying this isnt exploiting are just funny. 

Con tried to fix this exploit already by reducing the grenade throw ranges while suppressed. sadly more or less unsuccessfully :/

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Hi.  I remember reading a thread where sev or con said melee nading was not a bannable offense.  Players bandy about the term "exploit" way too freely--and yes i also read a link where con mentioned it (melee raiding) was designed to combat the invulnerability of one side wonders.  I do not know whether that comment was facetious or sincere.  Either way I believe con needs to clarify this issue as it causes alot of arguments in chat and gameplay as the example here.  I myself have been unsuccessful in this technique if it is a technique and was led to believe it is a totally legitimate form of game-play and i would like con to finally respond.  Thank you.