Photo

Need Some Help Decoding A Raid Log

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

Hey GoldenApple ... you discovered the secret of melee exploiting.

He spawned left behind your lines ... unfortunately one of his melee doesn't get supressed so he can throw grenades.

You might want to try ... it is not fair but easy to do.

Still waiting for Con to fix it.

I believe you are wrong. The first nade is thrown at 51 seconds , by which time all 3 people have to be suppressed

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

I believe you are wrong. The first nade is thrown at 51 seconds , by which time all 3 people have to be suppressed

Nope, not if you spawn 3 attackers.

All defenders will target the attacker closest to them. I did a bit of testing and all attackers (including the one who is the furthest away) will get suppressed right after the spawn, but the one furthest away will lose the suppression after a while and will not regain any . That leaves the third able to throw grenades (he won't even be targeted while throwing the nade). That's probably also the reason why it took him so long to throw the first one.

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

All defenders will target the attacker closest to them. I did a bit of testing and all attackers (including the one who is the furthest away) will get suppressed right after the spawn, but the one furthest away will lose the suppression after a while and will not regain any . That leaves the third able to throw grenades (he won't even be targeted while throwing the nade). That's probably also the reason why it took him so long to throw the first one.

I tried it myself and it did not work. The attack priority suddenly jumps to highest once the survivor recovers from suppression

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

Like apple said, it does switch. Also , you do know that you can get hit while throwing nades right? you are no longer in the crouched position.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

''Attacking fighter threw a grenade-m67''

-everybody downed

-all barricades destroyed

-all watchtowers destroyed

-all traps disarmed

-all your dreams destroyed

-your house also destroyed

-your inventory banished due to the power of that m67

such skill no exploit 100% legit

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 89 posts

Hi Again.  It is not the community"s job to police the game that is my point...this is the cause of many arguments and can also lead to many sometimes false accusations and needless witch-hunt type trashings.  I personally have recovered from "broken pixel syndrome" but some noobs get trashed and quit cause someone in their alliance is accused of this nonsense either rightly or wrongly (I have seen both) and the whole alliance gets pummeled.  Personally I think some use it as an excuse to trash which itself is another issue which the community seems to think it needs to police when there are bounties and other methods available.

On kong the approach has generally been to ask the player to stop or face severe retaliation. It seems to work ok for us over there. Reports showing it from different sources usually provide a decent mechanism to guard from unfair witch hunts. If people, on the other hand, didn't care about trashings or exploits then there would be no reason for people to not do it especially as a strong player against weak ones.

Sorry if I strayed a bit off the topic :)

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I'm sorry folks feel like they've been unfairly targeted for their or their teammates actions.  It is a ugly and hacky situation.

But again, if CAG thinks melee exploit is OK, and the community does not, can you think of a better workaround? This would be a good place to suggest it, players are listening here.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

But again, if CAG thinks melee exploit is OK

I doubt CAG thinks the melee exploit is okay.

The reason the grenade throw range was lowered by CAG was to combat this exploit.

There just is no easy solution to fixing this exploit

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

easy solution would be making melees not make the high covered survs dodge every bullet

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 219 posts

easy solution would be making melees not make the high covered survs dodge every bullet

sadly not that easy. just pm me ingame if you want to know why ;)

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Yeah, I guess no one knows for sure what the various folks at CAG think of melee exploiting.  There were some old posts making it sound like Con was down with it, some minor changes to weaken, but not stop it.  It sure looks to me like Wurstl's reduced-damage-for-crouchers could be hackily applied just to melee to drastically reduce the effectiveness of the practice.  Perhaps its better just to say the devs don't seem interested in fixing the problem, whatever their reasoning.

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of lael's particular complaint.  I've never seen anyone suggest that just bringing a melee on a raid is an exploit without being laughed out of chat.  Certainly sometimes the mob will get it wrong.  But if we weigh an occasional unjustified trashing against keeping melee exploiters at bay, it still seems like the game is better with the vigilantism.  As long as melee exploit is going to exist, and as long as most players don't like it, community policing still seems like the best of available bad solutions. 

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

Bottom Line.... I have recorded (against myself) and Submitted videos of exactly how outrageous and indomitable melee manipulation can be, against any compound...

The results would make any melee supporter repent....

Fortunately.... the raid reports are easy to decifer

Unfortunately.... ANY compound can be illegitimately beaten with Melee manipulation - ALSO Fixing this may ruin legitimate raids

Personal Conclusion.... Quality Ripping Long Saw for melee raiders : )

Rational people please upvote