Photo

Ww2 Weapons

WW2 New weapons Weapons

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

test_dude

test_dude
  • 7 posts

I've been playing dead zone for quite some time by now, and i really enjoy playing it. But my other passion are weapons and vehicles from WW2 mostly. So that's why this topic. It would be great to see some WW2 weapons in the dead zone for the near future. There are enough weapons to think about to add in the game, US, German, Japanese, Chinese, British and ofcourse USSR. There are nice selections of guns all ready. And what i want to use in the Dead Zone. Here are some by class:

Pistol: Nambu type 14, p38, Welrod, etc. (honestly, i don't know a lot about the WW2 pistols)

SMG (Sub Machine Gun): Danuvia 43M, K-50M, M3 grease, MP40, Owen gun, PPSH-41, Thompson M1A1, Suomi KP-31, etc.

Assault rifle: De Lisle Carbine, M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine, M1A1-14 GB-F, STG 44, etc.

rifle/sniper rifle (all can be equiped with a scope): G43, M1 Garand, SVT-40, Arisaka, etc.

Ani tank rifle: PTRD and Boys Ani Tank. Smal chance for these

shotgun: Trench Gun, Double barreled shotgun, m12 etc. (There aren't many WW2 shotguns, so i don't know about more myself, or can find more)

LMG: Bren mk1, M1918 BAR, MG15, MG34, RPD, Type 96, (MMG:) Browning M1919, MG42 (HMG:) DSHKM, M2HB, Maxim gun

Grenades: Stielhandgranate, RPG-40, Type 97, etc. 

For more questions about it, please leave a comment

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

This has been suggested more often then i can count.

Con has said that he doesn't have plans to add old era weapons as they would seem out of place.

If you still want to reenact the WWII

You can use the Sportshot Carbine (Which is similar to the M1 Carbine) and the M1911.

(Also i can't believe how you forgot about the Luger)

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 04 July 2016 - 07:01 PM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,629 posts

Con has said that he doesn't have plans to add old era weapons as they would seem out of place.

I don't see how SOME of these are bad Ideas.

The Stielhandgranate would be a good addition to grenade selection (some countries adopted their hand grenades after the Stielhandgranate ).

Weapons such as the Thompson, BAR, and the M1 Grande were all still used up until Vietnam (where the AK-47, 74, the m16, and m60 came out).

Adding those won't be TOO outrageous of a request. 

It's not like we're asking for Trap Door springfields and Brown Bess muskets.

Edited by MaxSheen, 05 July 2016 - 02:41 AM.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Bouncing betties for compound defense or riot.

Or atleast Schwerer gustav as a turret :P

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

h36ttB2.jpg

Sticky grenade (a.k.a. Satan's Maraca) anyone?

Edited by Lana Woo, 05 July 2016 - 04:15 AM.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 148 posts

The only AR I may vote for is the PPSh (very similar to Thompson - with disk magazine): I've seen these ARs in several sci-fi movies like "Defiance" (where young alien humanoid made it into almost sniper rifle) :-D

Agree with grenades. German and Romanian hand grenades with long handles allows to be thrown for larger distance, than "handle-less lemon-shaped" modern ones.

Sticky grenade? Hmm... spot of some vapourising (after some time) glue (tons of plastics plus some solvent) may help in difficult locations, holding zeds in place, while survs reloading and healing.

Molotov cocktails also suitable: in most movies zeds ignores the flames they caught, but will not enter the burning space.

To be serious, antique weapons almost unsuitable in TLS:DZ universe because of their relatively low damage (but high knockback because of 7.62 and larger calibers),

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

To be serious, antique weapons almost unsuitable in TLS:DZ universe because of their relatively low damage (but high knockback because of 7.62 and larger calibers),

hence the reason they would be in the low levels but since how they won`t ever be put in it doesn't really matter where they would go

kennix18

kennix18
  • 56 posts

I don't see how SOME of these are bad Ideas.

The Stielhandgranate would be a good addition to grenade selection (some countries adopted their hand grenades after the Stielhandgranate ).

Weapons such as the Thompson, BAR, and the M1 Grande were all still used up until Vietnam (where the AK-47, 74, the m16, and m60 came out).

Adding those won't be TOO outrageous of a request. 

M1 Garand*

test_dude

test_dude
  • 7 posts

If you still want to reenact the WWII

You can use the Sportshot Carbine (Which is similar to the M1 Carbine) and the M1911.

(Also i can't believe how you forgot about the Luger)

First of all, i am lvl 30, so i am not going back to those lower levels, 2nd: those guns would just be lovely. 3rd: idk a lot about pistols

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

would be nice to see these weapons in DZ:

- Lee-Enfield rifle

- Browning Auto-5

- M1 Grand

- StG44 (father of all assault rifles)

- M2 Browning (long live the .50 BMG. still in use)

- M1919

- MP40

- Sten SMG

- Thompson SMG

- TT Pistol

- MG24 (the famous "Hitler's Buzzsaw")

- Mauser C96

- PPSH-41

And as for some more modern firearms:

- USP

- MP5

- UMP

- G3

- Steyr AUG

- Steyr Scout

- IWS-2000 (penetrates every existing tank armor within 1km much?)

- Steyr HS.50

- Remington MSR

- FN Minimi

- FN MAG

- FN F2000

- SIG SG550

- AKM

- RPD

- RPK

- IMI Galil

- AAC Honey Badger

- K-7

- ARX-160

- Luger MP9

- KBP PP2000

- TEC-9

- AK-12

- SAKO TRG

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

And as for some more modern firearms:

- MP5

- UMP

- FN Minimi

- FN MAG

- SIG SG550

- AKM

- RPK

- AK-12

- Already ingame as the PDW-M (Con says it's an MP5, so it's an MP5)

- UMP-45 is already in the game.

- The M249 is a variant of the Minimi

- The M240 is a variant of the MAG

- Would be nice, we already have the commando version SG553 (CR-553 ingame)

- Is pretty much identical to the AK-47 performance wise. But it would be nice to have one with ye olde wooden stock

- Already in the game (Twice)

- Ingame under the name AR-99

test_dude

test_dude
  • 7 posts

First of all, i am lvl 30, so i am not going back to those lower levels, 2nd: those guns would just be lovely. 3rd: idk a lot about pistols

Not all of them have to be low level. Like if they would add the PTRD and Boys Anti Tank. High damage rifles at level 10. Yeah right. I would guess these would be around lvl 30/40. Because the high damage, but small mags (1 round for PTRD, 5 for BAT). Or any of the LMG's, those could easily be 25+. Some assault rifles below, but STG44? Keep that high level please. Amazing weapon

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

I would prefer to see them as part of an event, since we already have too many standard weapons.

How about this for the 4th of July?

2evylo7.jpg

I would love this as a LR that we could use for missions, with a small minimum range and a good DPS.

Or this WWII Tribute Thompson SMG:

oqbxg3.jpg

Edited by Lana Woo, 11 April 2017 - 10:38 PM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

I would prefer to see them as part of an event, since we already have too many standard weapons.

How about this for the 4th of July?

2evylo7.jpg

I would love this as a LR that we could use for missions, with a small minimum range and a good DPS.

Or this WWII Tribute Thompson SMG:

oqbxg3.jpg

Wait does that mean they would be craftable during the event?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts
Yes, just like any other event weapon. In fact, I feel that any WWII weapon would fit better as a "collectionist" edition (you know, something engarved or with a flag-like or camo pattern) that as something you would find in a police station.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

Yes, just like any other event weapon. In fact, I feel that any WWII weapon would fit better as a "collectionist" edition (you know, something engarved or with a flag-like or camo pattern) that as something you would find in a police station.

If con puts in a M1 Garand as a event weapon I swear I will find a way to Australia to give him a big hug 

test_dude

test_dude
  • 7 posts

If con puts in a M1 Garand as a event weapon I swear I will find a way to Australia to give him a big hug 

as event or not, i would really try get these guns. Or, maybe on s special day. Like Lana woo said, but instead of on the 4th of july, maybe the day ww2 started, or ended! To make it's own seperate event date! For some old ww2 guns, like Thompson, stg44, mp40, or the Garand

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

I really don't think we need more low level weapons as level 1 to level 20 has a very good selection of weapons.

However, I could definitely see some of these making it in for levels 20 through 40, as there's a bit of a gray area there in terms of weaponry. 

There should probably be at least 2-3 of each weapon type for each level range of weapons in the game, and again, some of these weapons could definitely work 

David Adams

David Adams
  • 24 posts
Already done in the Undead Blitz event.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 24 posts
Well, some of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WW2, New weapons, Weapons