Photo

Smgs Vs Lrs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

Alright this might be a little bit of a rant, but this has happens so often now, I'm just losing my blooming mind.

Generally how this worked in my failed 1 man raids:

•Spawn in behind cover with an LR with anywhere from 27-40 range far from defenders

•I see this defending survivor with either an AR or SMG, the former sometimes even silenced, and sometimes this survivor is alone or has another survivor with roughly the same loadout (as far as I can tell) as their mate... Hell I've even seen pistols on defenders that somehow hit me more than I've hit them.

^Sometimes this survivor's barricade is completely destroyed and they're standing out in the open with nothing between us, sometimes I'm hitting them from the back or flank where they have no cover

•I get behind green/yellow cover where I have them in my range, but shouldn't be in their range by far

•I start firing on them, and somehow, in the end, I lose the firefight.

Now I might be new to raiding, but from what I understand, my survivor has a FAR better chance of scoring hits on the defender for the many reasons noted above. So how is it I've failed numerous raids because of the above? What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 241 posts

What is the range of your long rifle? What does the range of their smgs appear to be? What are you using for gear? Can this one man heal themselves?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

Well, the SMG has a higher fire rate and more magazine size, so for a while, it will still have a higher chance to hit you than a LR as the LR has less APS and mag size.

I bet at a certain range, you will bypass this and your LR will have a higher chance to hit than the SMG

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

There is a bug, which other players tell me is well known and reported, where you fire on a defender and never hit them.  I've only been able to get the but using LRs.  But that means you NEVER hit the defender.  Is that what's happening to you?

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

There is a bug, which other players tell me is well known and reported, where you fire on a defender and never hit them.  I've only been able to get the but using LRs.  But that means you NEVER hit the defender.  Is that what's happening to you?

Yup, sure seems like it. 

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Whelp, that makes sense then.  Its a weird bug, one I'd also definitely like to see fixed sooner rather than later.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

DUDE I CANT HIT ANYTHING EITHER. bro same same like when i click on an enemy survivor i cant hit them even when i have an LR in my effective range. 

DUDE and i tried it on my wife I CANT EVEN HIT HER. but thats always out of my effective range ;)