Photo

Level Gap Between Survivors And Leader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

koiguns

koiguns
  • 1 posts

My leader is currently level 22 and most of my survivors are either level 18 or 19. I send these level 18-19 out to level 25 parks or even level 23 places and most of them get creamed; most of them are swarmed or overrun (even if they're grouped concentrating fire). They just can't use any high level weapons. It seems like this level gap between my leader and survivors continues to increase and increase. I can't equip high level guns to these survivors to boost their experience. Can all of the community please provide some advice or tips to lower or erase the level gap? Thank you!!! My survivors depend on it (creamed) 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

try level 12 areas (aka areas that are 10 levels below your leader's level) as they will not give exp to your leader.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

My leader is currently level 22 and most of my survivors are either level 18 or 19. I send these level 18-19 out to level 25 parks or even level 23 places and most of them get creamed; most of them are swarmed or overrun (even if they're grouped concentrating fire). They just can't use any high level weapons. It seems like this level gap between my leader and survivors continues to increase and increase. I can't equip high level guns to these survivors to boost their experience. Can all of the community please provide some advice or tips to lower or erase the level gap? Thank you!!! My survivors depend on it (creamed) 

Well, this gap has always been there and I don't think much is going to change about it in future.

Each time You take a team out or defend against zeds the leader gets XP. Other survivors get XP only if they are inlcuded in this mission defence. On example : If You send out two 5 man teams on manual and they get 20 000 XP each then the leader will get 40 000 ( for both missions).

Simplest way to increase the XP gain are the books. If You don't have dmu consider using Long Way Home book - You get twice the XP and the return time really doesn;t count if You are sending missions overnight ;) Ofcourse it doesn't help gap at all.

Good way to level up Your other survivors ( sadly keeping the gap there) is doing tasks that give XP - when You claim it the amount of XP is given to each member of Your team.

If You are really dedicated to lowering the gap then You can go to a location that is 10 levels below Your leaders level, but at the same time isn't 10 levels lower the survivors. On example: Leader is lvl 40, others are around level 30. Go to location that is level 28. As a result all party members will get XP except for the leader. One thing You should notice is that is this will slower Your game progress ( leader level) so think twice if You really want to do this. ( plus looting low locations = not much usefulll stuff).

Lastly if You are getting overrun then it is most likely the question of Your guns and gears. Against zombies the best combo around this level should be bandoliers + highest dps weapons You have - probably ARs. You might be lacking decent equipment so consider visitng trade channel.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

Deal with it.

I used to run a lot of 2 man missions and it led me to have a level 55 leader and level 35 recons.

Once you get to max level, you can start closing the gap.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Awhile back Con said...

It's 100% intentional. I think it's just not clear how it works. It's a bit weird, so it's understandable.

Your leaders level is your compound level and the characters level, it's intended as an overall marker of progress in terms of combat and building experience. We use that level to gauge your ability to complete missions and as a comparison when it comes to PVP.

Here's the run down:

- Your leader gains experience whenever you get experience for anything, combat, tasks, completing buildings

- Your other survivors only gain experience from missions they take part in

- Your leader will gain experience from ALL missions, just as much as if they were on it

- Survivors start at 3 levels below your current arrival level (minimum of level 1)

We designed it this way to encourage you to mix up your survivor "teams" and include survivors who need levelling up when running missions. It's designed specifically to give you a number of goals that you wouldn't have if all your survivors arrived without the gap.

The biggest reason we do this though is so people can't game the PVP structure. Imagine if I could level up all my survivors to 50, but keep my leader at level 10 by not sending him/her on missions. See the problem?

It is what it is, it's not changing. It's a fundamental part of the game.