Photo

Raider/gang/faction Compunds

Compunds AI 2016 road map combat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zokuma

Zokuma
  • 1 posts

Raiders, these are people who take advantage of the fall of all government, they kill, steal, and do whatever they please, but just like you and me, they still need to eat. These people are considered scum in wasteland for their cruel nature, surviving by being marauders, thieves, and murders. There is no way to reason with most of these people, they have been driven mad by traumatic experiences.

Now, I saw the concept of AI Compounds in a recent post called "2016 Road Map" these are survivors that will not retaliate if attacked, and can be fairly easy to raid, but as the levels go by, they will start to become more defended and harder to raid. I love the concept of AI Compounds, but I think these should be the people like "Union Island" except they raid randomly, killing and robbing whoever is unlucky enough to be seen by them, I saw concept a few years ago in a game called Evony, AI Compounds should randomly raid those who are close to them, but can only raid a compound that is at least 2 levels below them, now you can do the same, raid them back! It's time we stop'd being pushed around by some punks!

These would be much like infected raids when a horde of infected would raid your compound, except these people have weapons, and some ability to think. These raiders are complete savages and are not mentally stable and are most of all, desperate, they will stop at nothing to get into your compound and take your resources. Now, again, these are like infected raids so you CANNOT be raided by bandits/raiders/gangs while you are offline.

There should be several different kinds of camps of just random marauders and criminal scum, but also be factions like HERC maybe some people from the original "The Last Stand: Union City" that you might be able to trade with, help, or go to war with. You can do task to help this faction, you can trade resources/equipment with them, and you can have an all out war with them.

I think these would ideas DRAMATICALLY improve the games content, and give it more to do.

Tell me what you think :)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 717 posts

Only way I see this working would be several static enemies behind the cover in the compound. Until AI that is actually decent gets added, this is all we could expect. I'm not sure if I would want to see this but meh.

I'm neutral for this one.

EDIT: More kinds of AI compounds like HERC, I would not mind seeing

Edited by tehswordninja, 29 July 2016 - 01:04 AM.

ToneZ

ToneZ
  • 44 posts

HERC or AI compounds would be awesome. More real world feel here

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

I like where is this going but how will they raid:on a fixed position(island type;the AI HERCS) or moving?

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

I think they are cool but if they are like normal zombie atacks they will probably wait till I have 2 persons home to atack me :c.

+1 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

The AI is sadly not smart enough to mount an attack, so this is extremely unlikely to happen.  It doesn't understand basic raiding concepts like cover or flanking, so if they spawned at your compound with guns they'd stand and fire till the timer ran out or they were killed.   If they don't spawn behind cover it'd be a very short firefight. If they spawned with melee they'd charge kamikaze style into your guns and get cut down instantly.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

the current Ai cant hold it.

but is it possible to work around this? with a bit a creativity?

the ideia is cool enough to try

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compunds, AI, 2016 road map, combat