Photo

Eradicating Skill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

POPULAR

Why can I no longer target defenders while under the cover of smoke?

I have loads of videos which demonstrate very clean raids while utilizing this game mechanic.

Quite frankly, this may be the only chance my weapons have against ten superior guns in defenses with inclusive range.

If you continue to eliminate our control of attackers we will eventually have simulated raids.

Who wants that?

I will happily link or email raid videos for any of my dissatisfied customers, just ask.

billgfjhghghghgh

billgfjhghghghgh
  • 148 posts

Yea.. still wondering what was wrong with aiming defenders under smoke ? why was that game breaking  or needed change? some  explain con?

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

I agree, ridiculous change and very frustrating when your men all decide to focus fire the nearest fighter wearing armor.  Some situations require you to smoke and shoot the deadeye'd or sunglassed defenders.  It's difficult to manually target after smoke ends before one of your men needs healing or dies, and your team is suppressed all over again.  With Rasputin +25%, Ski Mask +10% and +65% health armor, some defenses kill that fighter in under 5 seconds.  It is simply not enough time to instruct 5 survivors to all target the proper defender after smoke ends, and attempt to heal.  This is why the 5 RPK and bow close range attacks are so popular right now.  It's very silly really how raiding has slowly devolved from skill based to gear and luck based.

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

Yea.. still wondering what was wrong with aiming defenders under smoke ? why was that game breaking  or needed change? some  explain con?

I agree, considering you can't tell all 5 shooters with 1 button to team attack the same target like you would in a RTS.  It takes 4 keyboard numeric presses, and 5 mouse clicks after smoke ends to tell your team what to do.  There simply isn't enough time given the dps of some defenses, and the limitation of having to manually tell all 5 men what to do.

Edited by Salacious, 28 July 2016 - 09:12 PM.

CJ_Mulcahy

CJ_Mulcahy
  • 8 posts

My raiding style is spawning far away from guys and shooting from long distences (opposite of spawn traps) when i spawn in i pop smoke like any other normal person would. And most times there is  1 2 3 4 m107s/AK/MSR that can reach my spawn. I cant target them when behind smoke and i would have to manually target them once smoke clears. This  is causing me problems because instead of before where 5 guys pop up shooting the 1 guy and he dies, 1 pops up at a time and since im in range he gets picked off in seconds. 

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

My raiding style is spawning far away from guys and shooting from long distences (opposite of spawn traps) when i spawn in i pop smoke like any other normal person would. And most times there is  1 2 3 4 m107s/AK/MSR that can reach my spawn. I cant target them when behind smoke and i would have to manually target them once smoke clears. This  is causing me problems because instead of before where 5 guys pop up shooting the 1 guy and he dies, 1 pops up at a time and since im in range he gets picked off in seconds. 

Yep, which is why the wallet warriors are all using 5x RPK or 5x bows and just going in rambo style close range.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

Im pretty sure this is an unintended side effect of trying to fix people shooting building out of sight and thus making your attackers stop shooting.

And totally agree that you should be able to target defenders under smoke so that your guys start shooting at those when smoke clears. (but command of shooting defenders that will be out of sight when smoke clears should still be ignored)

TanaG

TanaG
  • 128 posts

I am pretty sure this is all just Con listening to only "certain" raiders when trying to fix something and ignoring the rest of us. This being said, am close to being done with this game. Bleah! There was NO need, what so ever, to remove the shooting building out of sight thing, no need. This is all about a few players and their privileged connection with game developers. They write in whatever bothers them and the next day it gets removed. It is ruining the game for the rest of the players and it's complete BS. So maybe we should all go on bows now cause hey, that's "not an exploit", they were intended to reload non stop. But maybe not even melees are an exploit since they were intended to be that way too! However apparently it depends on who is using what. If the certain privileged players are using it, then it's not an exploit...

Edited by TanaG, 28 July 2016 - 10:02 PM.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

Im pretty sure this is an unintended side effect of trying to fix people shooting building out of sight and thus making your attackers stop shooting.

And totally agree that you should be able to target defenders under smoke so that your guys start shooting at those when smoke clears. (but command of shooting defenders that will be out of sight when smoke clears should still be ignored)

Let me take it one step in the other direction - Lets eliminate automatic targeting for attackers.

Or lets give the raiders a choice in attacker settings.

Lets NOT make detrimental changes to FAIR raiding - to satisfy a minority opinion.

Barricade Suppression - Good Fix

Melee / Grenade - Should be Fixed

CON, L1N does not have a monopoly on clean raiding advice.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

I am pretty sure this is all just Con listening to only "certain" raiders when trying to fix something and ignoring the rest of us. This being said, am close to being done with this game. Bleah! There was NO need, what so ever, to remove the shooting building out of sight thing, no need. This is all about a few players and their privileged connection with game developers. They write in whatever bothers them and the next day it gets removed. It is ruining the game for the rest of the players and it's complete BS. So maybe we should all go on bows now cause hey, that's "not an exploit", they were intended to reload non stop. But maybe not even melees are an exploit since they were intended to be that way too! However apparently it depends on who is using what. If the certain privileged players are using it, then it's not an exploit...

Don't be ridiculous. What you're describing was a bug in the line of sight code. In what reasonable explanation would we program the game so that a character would break their AI routine when told to attack a building they can't see. Think about it, like actually use the theory crafting and conspiracy part of your brain for why we would intentionally do that.

As for bows, there's a whole thread about how they're unbalanced. But unbalanced is wildly different to an unintended bug.

We're tired of your accusations and are growing extremely tired of you.