Photo

Smoke Breaks Line Of Sight

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

Guys where this shall lead to?

Let Con look into targeting under smoke and loot some nice gunns in meantime.

Totally pointless to keep on arguing here ... my 2 cent :)

CasualPlayer

CasualPlayer
  • 45 posts

With all the bugs and exploits bill no defence is *solid* or unbeatable people say that "spawntaps" are frowned upon but then why would someone make a parking lot defence if its just as easy as a spawntrap? either way the defender is gonna lose

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

Would be nice to see @Gabacho take down a compound which a) has not been scouted by an alliance member B) actually has decent guns c) on video

What videos do you want to see? Hawks? Lanceys? Amrits? Whose?

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

What videos do you want to see? Hawks? Lanceys? Amrits? Whose? 

I know you aren't responding to me in this post, but I am gonna ask anyway, do you have a video of you raiding me?

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

I am not sure I ever have raided you tbh

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

I am not sure I ever have raided you tbh

Well bummer would have been interesting to see.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

Ive done a few raids now close spawn and far range and I dont see that many problems with the not aim thing in smoke and it also makes some sense to me. If only some bownoobs or spawn-and-do-nothing raiders cant down anyone anymore by this because we only need to do a few more clicks in shorter time Im fine with it. Changes happen in the game and its the neverending challenge to cope them faster than your oponents, so that was never realy the problem imo.

i see con's interest is to make it all logic. So if Im about to die and just one bullet is enough to down me and I know exactly that if i stand up now and shoot i will die, why the hack woud any normal thinking human would do this??? Every idiot would stay in cover and wait for the medic and not be become a suicideshooter-idiot-hero!! Taking actions from us is only making us more to stupid AIs.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

all we ask for is suicide prevention

Edited by Wurstl, 29 July 2016 - 09:17 PM.

omar_abdallah_1

omar_abdallah_1
  • 121 posts

i like the old smoke tbh , this new thing that you need to target your enemy when smoke end not in the smoke

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

Sorry for being offtopic but reading this thread makes me happy im not a raider

never liked the system to begin with

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

Sorry for being offtopic but reading this thread makes me happy im not a raider

never liked the system to begin with

You aren't missing anything.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

Con, please consider what you're doing.

You're are allowing the best defenses, with the best guns to be dominated with 5 melee weapons or 5 bows.

Meanwhile you are taking away every tool skilled raiders have in their arsenal compete fairly.

Please watch the videos I emailed you - they demonstrate why we need these game mechanics that disappeared this week.

Listen, I understand that you did what you had to do to get rid of the reloading exploit. I wish you could have done it in a way that got rid of the exploit, but still allowed us to  somehow refresh our magazines. It is irritating but manageable.

Telling attackers to stop shooting should not even be considered an exploit... moreover not being able to target while under the cover of smoke is detrimental to raiding. There are times when you need to stop shooting and regroup, or heal. Even when the target is out of range the only way to stop shooting now is to move your people. We need to have a command for holding fire.

Please Con, reconsider this "fix" - It was not needed, the "fix" itself really hurts skilled raiders - and the attached "fix" with the smoke is absolutely ridiculous.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

You guys need to settle down. 

The smoke will go back to functioning how it did before. We're just fixing the building targeting glitch. Patch will go up with today's maintenance. 

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

The smoke will go back to functioning how it did before. We're just fixing the building targeting glitch. Patch will go up with today's maintenance. 

THIS!

+100

Finally :P

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

Great ... bug fixed and targeting under smoke working again.

Great job :) Thanks for prompt action

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

Awesome.  Thanks for understanding the concerns of the raiding community.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 202 posts

Thanks for listening to us (and bringing L1N one step closer to world domination)