Photo

Gas Grenades

Gas grenades masks crafting protection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Google inc

Google inc
  • 11 posts

So now this idea is mainly about making a grenade that dispenses (not sure if I spelled it right) deadly smoke, which (ofcourse) dissappeares by time. The better (higher level ) is the nade the more, the smoke stays. Now there will be 2 types of grenades: 1 smoke that WILL NOT do any harm if you have a gas mask on. And second one is the one that will do harm to the body itself. So if you have a gas mask on 1st grenade will not work on you but 2nd will (but if you don't have the gas mask on, 2nd will kill you a LOT more faster). Now the smoke will also work like cover. So if you have guys with gas masks on they can use this grenade like a simple smoke nade.

And ofcourse it will work on zombies..... but: not on elite scientists and gas mask elites (I hope that con really makes elites with masks) and some elites will even have high (very high) resistance to melee and firearms but gas nades will take em out easily.

Now this is just an idea guys tell me what you think :)

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So the only defence against these is a clothing or gear option?

How would a gas affect zombies with no respiratory or circulatory system (breathing or blood circulation)?

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

Yay another idea that has been posted 100 times already.

passing player

passing player
  • 464 posts

the only effective way of terminating an infected is by massive cranial trauma.

tear gas or mustard is not gonna work.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 242 posts

The only way I can see an idea like this working is if it works like a smoke grenade, where towers are immune, but it doesn't break line of sight. And for damage it would have to deal like 5 damage per second to anything inside the smoke, not preventing reload or causing suppression at all. And even then its a questionable idea that probably wouldn't work. This just seems like it would make melee exploiting even worse in my opinion.

Edited by Andrew Jones, 29 July 2016 - 05:17 PM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,629 posts

I can only see this for use in raids (PvP and in the upcoming A.I compounds) and on the Island when HERC is defending.

But HERC troopers wear gas masks (although Heavies look like they have a riot visor).

If you wanted a damage over time grenade (DoT) a Molotov cocktail or While Phosphorous grenade would fit the bill better for PvE instances.

As Maruse said, this has been posted before and is unlikely (although if Con were able too he'd just tinker with the Smoke Grenade's mechanics to make it do DoT)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

This would go one of three ways:

1)The gas would be effective (i.e. does a lot of damage) in which case without gas masks it's a grossly unfair advantage to the attacker since the defender(s) can't move.

2) The gas would be ineffective (i.e. does a small amount of damage) in which case the attacker would be better off using explosive grenades (and thus won't use the gas ones)

3) If gas masks are plentiful and easy to come by then they render gas grenades pointless   Attackers would be better off taking explosive grenades, and the defenders would be using gas masks (likely with worse stats than what they would be wearing otherwise) as a precaution.   If gas masks exist, but are not common/easy to get then it reverts to option 1.

None of these options are attractive.

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

Yeah I just saw a video about how melee weapons are being exploited in raids. And this would just worsen the situation. Zingman even listed the possibilities of putting this into the game, and I don't find them attractive either. 

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,629 posts

-snip-

Ok how does this sound then?

Instead of them doing damage they just reduce survivors stats instead? (I.E the gas is Tear Gas)

Said gas grenades would work like smoke grenades by :
A. Reducing effective range

B: Decreasing fire rate and reload speed

C: Causing them to get suppressed faster or possible move from their positions to a different one (unlikely due to coding requirements) thus making them vulnerable to fire

Note these would only work in PvP/ A.I compound raids since gas masks aren't as likely to be equipped by them unlike HERC on the Island.

I hope that this is considered since this is in my opinion a more balanced approach to adding gas grenades since a health removing gas grenade would be bad according to what Zing said earlier.

Again it is unlikely that Con will add them at all so try to raid successfully with what you have now.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gas, grenades, masks, crafting, protection