Photo

Herc Prototypes

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

so it relies basically on luck (aka crafting bonuses).

not my thing, but i'm looking forward to this anyways.

cannot wait to see what other prototypes you have in store for us

The base stats are pretty good. So even if you miss on the crafting bonuses, you can upgrade (at a fairly high cost) to get them up to scratch. 

The idea with these is that they're an attainable goal that you work at over time.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

The base stats are pretty good. So even if you miss on the crafting bonuses, you can upgrade (at a fairly high cost) to get them up to scratch. 

The idea with these is that they're an attainable goal that you work at over time.

Fair enough. Like I said before, cannot wait to see what's in store for us with further prototypes. I'm assuming we're going to see some pretty unique (pun intended) items.

Edited by tehswordninja, 02 August 2016 - 03:24 AM.

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 121 posts

Well, I think it's time to get back from vacations and see how things are gonna work from now on :)

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

POPULAR

This is looking very nice, but why would HERC leave them lying around without even locking the boxes XD

I think this calls for a new dead zone meme:

9157240191.jpg

SirPrise

SirPrise
  • 2 posts

pretty excited. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

This is looking very nice, but why would HERC leave them lying around without even locking the boxes XD

I think this calls for a new dead zone meme:

They'll leave these boxes without keys yet boxes with some clothes and fuel, nope, high security key

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

The new armor reminds me of this guy:

1183522-ultimatedoomposter.jpg

Edited by Cameron_R_Craig, 02 August 2016 - 09:58 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

The new armor reminds me of this guy:

1183522-ultimatedoomposter.jpg

I think I did this subconsciously. Also, new DOOM is rad.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

Question. Is it possible that we might see HERC units using prototypes?

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

I hear "can make a perfect piece of gear if you save all your fuel for a long time" 

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Will the H-BAs have different schematics for different qualities? For example, a schematic for a base gray H-BA, and another for Superior or Elite H-BAs that requires that specific base item, like other craftable items? Or will it be a Premium or static quality item?

And will older prototypes still be available to craft once newer iterations appear?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Will the H-BAs have different schematics for different qualities? For example, a schematic for a base gray H-BA, and another for Superior or Elite H-BAs that requires that specific base item, like other craftable items? Or will it be a Premium or static quality item?

And will older prototypes still be available to craft once newer iterations appear?

It's is a singular, craftable, Premium quality item. 

Unsure about how we release them. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

But the bonuses will change, month to month, am I reading that right?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

But the bonuses will change, month to month, am I reading that right?

Nope, the plan is to do new items month to month.

paera12

paera12
  • 5 posts

wow new doom armor is being added

versus666

versus666
  • 68 posts

For now, 3. But they're going to be very very rare. They'll also be compatible with future prototypes.

These prototypes are crafted items, they're not drops. Overall, the thinking with this is that the crafts are relatively cheap, but the components are hard to attain. Oh and the quality is near unique, the base stats are enough to potentially put it well above anything that can be currently crafted.

Nice ! Future prototypes ? :D

But am I the only one that read the text ? There is 2 times HC-PLATE-1 in the description of the components, "High resistance material (HC-PLATE-1)" is indeed wrongly copy pasted :P

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 121 posts

Yay! Honestly, I've been waiting for some changes in the crafting, and to know that we will be able to gear ourselves with some high quality premium gears (hopefully also weapons) fills me with joy :D now I can't wait to see this implemented

Btw, are those new gears going to be compatible with crafting kits? Because if so, it will totally worth to play until I can get some of them for my survivors

Edited by Edgar V, 04 August 2016 - 07:51 AM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

So this is available for a month, then then the next item for a month?  Or this is available from release onward, and next month a new item will be available from its release onward?

These seem neat, but unlikely be worth recrafting raiding armors for most folks far as I can tell.  And perhaps not matched to the better unique looting armors.  But the promise of a new item each month sounds like there is room for some game changers in the future.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

Will the armors or any of the  components for them be tradable? 

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

None of the items are tradable for the moment. Got to earn your own parts. 

It's all up in the air. I'm taking a different approach with this, rather than making a bunch of stuff and releasing it in a certain way, this could be anything, available in different ways.