Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

It's up. 

The "Prototype Parts Box - Armor" are in the following boxes:

- Infected bounties above level 50

- Island Raid Hauls

- War Boxes

Happy hunting. Yes, it will take time for you to get all the bits you need. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

I wouldn't mind seeing the starting projectile res going up a bit but over than that the stats look decent.

however i probably won't be able to craft this as I won't be getting components from infected bounties, unless island hauls drop a good amount of them. 

FLoor

FLoor
  • 142 posts

When a new prototype is available to craft, the old ones won't be removed from the craft menus, will they?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

When a new prototype is available to craft, the old ones won't be removed from the craft menus, will they?

Honestly, I'm not sure. If I am going to remove them, I'll switch them to a timed craft, so you'll get a countdown. Overall the idea with the prototypes is that they're an experiment for us.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 142 posts

Honestly, I'm not sure. If I am going to remove them, I'll switch them to a timed craft, so you'll get a countdown. Overall the idea with the prototypes is that they're an experiment for us.

Either way I'm still looking forward to crafting as many of these as I did Luxurious Golden Liberties :)

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

It's up. 

The "Prototype Parts Box - Armor" are in the following boxes:

- Infected bounties above level 50

- Island Raid Hauls

- War Boxes

Happy hunting. Yes, it will take time for you to get all the bits you need. 

Will the new armors become tradeable?

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 121 posts

Will the new armors become tradeable?

Con has stated that the new armors aren't going to be tradeable, at least for now

omar_abdallah_1

omar_abdallah_1
  • 121 posts

can i ask a question?

these herc comps drop from island box or from lvl 50+?

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 34 posts

can i ask a question?

these herc comps drop from island box or from lvl 50+?

Both of them would drop the cache for the HERC component. ( The cache doesn't require any key to open).

scrambler_fan

scrambler_fan
  • 9 posts

Yes, it will take time for you to get all the bits you need. 

I guess it will take time, since I just opened a rare raid haul box from today's island run and it did not have a parts box inside.  Looks like there's only a chance of getting one.

Which is why I think we'll probably need more than one month to collect parts and craft the item, especially if we want more than one of that month's item.  One drawback to continual parts drop and crafting ability is when the next month's item is released, you have a 50% chance of getting the second parts box.  When the third item is released, you have a 33% chance of getting that parts box, etc.  It's going to take forever to get future months' parts to craft the item.

Unless the parts change to a universal part or two, maybe call them HERC notes and HERC components, similar to infamous notes and components, and the parts boxes don't have specific item names associated with them like armor, weapon, etc, but just "Prototype Parts Box," and each box contains a number of notes and components.

Otherwise, if we need 3 different parts for each prototype item, then six months down the line we need at least 18 inventory slots to hold those components, not to mention the items we craft.  The low-inventory people are going to be complaining again about not having enough room to store everything.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

I got a parts box in my rare haul that gave me a few of the new comps.

I plan on saving these for newer prototypes, logically those would have better stats than the previous ones, assuming the super smart HERC people who left them out unprotected still have the capacity to follow the Design Process :P

tWnwOtx.png?1hiZ4W8C.png?3

Since there are no entries on the Wiki yet, I thought this would be helpful to those Wiki users/editors.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

so it relies basically on luck (aka crafting bonuses).

not my thing, but i'm looking forward to this anyways.

cannot wait to see what other prototypes you have in store for us

I'm afraid this is still relevant, as the armor would only be better than current uni armor if you manage to get an extremely lucky craft with a 30% bonus to all 3 resistances. 

the health is nice, but I'm not sure if its enough to make up for the fact components are extremely rare and hard to get (nevermind the fact I have to go to a level 42 area to finish bounties) and if you get unlucky, you are rewarded with a (useless) armor that barely competes with rare armor, nevermind uni.

However, if you did get really good bonuses, then you'd have one hell of an armor. Otherwise, you've just wasted a bunch of extremely rare components. 

Jack Bomber Alt

Jack Bomber Alt
  • 29 posts

"LEVEL 50 ONLY HAHAHAH!"

Con, please. This would be a good time to stuff those components in unique elites.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

"LEVEL 50 ONLY HAHAHAH!"

Con, please. This would be a good time to stuff those components in unique elites.

god yes, anything to make them actually worth it

mfw an unique elite 4 shots my melee fighter armed with the new perm melee (over 1000 dps), and a defiler vest and takes literally 2 minutes to kill with a 1500 dps pistol, 1000 dps infamous mini, and a 600 dps sv-15 (and a drivehammer too)

Edited by tehswordninja, 05 August 2016 - 11:51 PM.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 140 posts

This is awesome - Unfortunately someone would likely have to craft TONS of them before getting an armor that has suitable stats for raiding.

May want to consider making the components tradeable. I would buy them in trade - just like I do Range kits & Infamous components / notes

Side-note - can we pretty please have a x10 button or option for Crafting Kits like we do for the grenades? Please... it takes a verrrryyyyy long time to make Blue or Purple Kits from greys & greens

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 459 posts

None of the items are tradable for the moment. Got to earn your own parts. 

ok then so what resources will be gotten from recycling the parts as i will have no need for them since all the armors i got have at least 65% melee resist on them which is good since how i don`t raid or do the island

scrambler_fan

scrambler_fan
  • 9 posts

How low is the chance of getting a prototype parts box in an island raid haul?  Just got my second raid haul box since the release and no parts box inside.  At least I got something in the two infected bounty boxes I've gotten.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

ok then so what resources will be gotten from recycling the parts as i will have no need for them since all the armors i got have at least 65% melee resist on them which is good since how i don`t raid or do the island

save them for the next prototype, might be more useful

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 496 posts

will these new components be available  in stores?

Edited by Ghost Recon, 06 August 2016 - 11:52 PM.

ISOLAYTORE

ISOLAYTORE
  • 95 posts

Please don't rob non-dmu players.

being it untradeable in the mean time is close to being balanced.

p2w guys could always start another inf bounty for only 150 fuel. and with the help of their precious dmu they'll finish the bounty real fast.