Photo

New Alliance Tasks [ Proposed Change ]

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

So this is something I've been thinking about for a while. At the moment, we have 4 sets of boosts and 4 sets of tasks. 

Every month, you all go through the same rotation of tasks and boosts. So I'm thinking about adding another set of tasks, so that we get some variety in there for you guys. Adding a 5th means that over time it will offset by one and you'll get 20 different sets rather than 4.

I know you all like your routine and there's probably some pattern behaviour that you've developed so let me know if Metal, Cloth, Food and Ammo happening while the mega boost is active is a nightmare or not.

A couple of questions:

1. Will adding another task set into the war rounds shatter your view of reality, tearing your world in two?

2. What sort of tasks would you like to see / do?

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

1. I don't see any problems with adding another task set. I find variety and changes to be something nice. It keeps things from staying the same, which is boring and why I had quit before. So I'll definitely welcome it.

2. I can't really say I have something in mind that I would like to see or do. But if there is something that I WOULDN'T like, is to see specific infected targets as a task. Like the ones in bounties, only in alliance tasks. I think I remember seeing a post on the forums stating on how time limits were removed off of bounties due to difficulties in completing them, right? Well I can imagine the same thing happening here if that were to be applied.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

1. I don't know yet, it really depends on what combination of tasks I get. But 5 tasks means more work and more time dedicated to fulfilling your individual requirements, so I think you should balance out some of the other tasks like Zingman said before, so we don't struggle even more on water and ammo tasks, like currently;

Do agree that the tasks could use a retooling though.  Water and ammo could use a small reduction.  Water certainly shouldn't be at the same level as food (1500) when significantly less water is found in the deadzone than food.  LIke wise metal should be significantly more than wood or cloth, perhaps as much as both wood and cloth combined.

Even if what was described in the quote does not need to be applied currently, it should not be overlooked now that we'll soon get 5 tasks a week.

2. I'm gonna spout things out here since its pretty hard to think of new tasks for some reason:

A task of actually donating gear and weapons from our inventories instead of finding them, our recyclers won't work overtime that round, and we won't be showered in thousands of comps from recycling, but that might probably discourage profit from inventory upgrades and such, then again, its only a few rounds. The weapons/gear would be restricted to black, gray and green items so we won't accidentally recycle our unis, crafted items and other valuables.

Task for helping out with your members/other people's upgrades, since I already ignore bulletin posts for someone needing help with their upgrades (please don't hurt me). I never actually visit other people's compounds at a high level now since it does not benefit me or my time, so this might encourage people to help each other again. It might also require a filter for the Compound List of people who need help with upgrades.

Tasks for giving Comm your entire arsenal of unique long rifles

Task for killing x number of survivors/HERC (Just in time for NPC compounds?)

EDIT: "Should not be overlooked"

Edited by CommSMG, 02 August 2016 - 03:01 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

1. I don't know yet, it really depends on what combination of tasks I get. But 5 tasks means more work and more time dedicated to fulfilling your individual requirements, so I think you should balance out some of the other tasks like Zingman said before, so we don't struggle even more on water and ammo tasks, like currently;

I'm talking about sets of tasks. Not 5 tasks for the week, they'll stay at 4. 

Donating gear and individual items doesn't work with the current system, basically stuff that does work are things that you can get achievements for. 

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

I'm talking about sets of tasks. Not 5 tasks for the week, they'll stay at 4. 

Donating gear and individual items doesn't work with the current system, basically stuff that does work are things that you can get achievements for. 

Ooh darn, I didn't see the key word.

Well then, if there's another task set, then its fine by me. I don't see any harm in that. Tasking is monotonous nowadays, maybe this will spice things up a bit.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

1. Anything that delays getting the dreadfull water task is a good thing.

2. Killing zombies would be a nice one, but I can't think of any others that would work on the top of my mind...

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

All water week coming right up.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

1) Depends on what the boosts are that round.  Under the current rotation, during rotation 1 the loot boost is typically bought on Wednesday, rotation 2 is a "dead round" (i.e. nothing is bought), rotation 3 the loot boost is bought on whatever day allows us to buy the "super/mega boost" on day 1.   Rotation 4 (super/mega) is bought on day 1 with the tokens saved up from the other rounds.   Another "dead round" would make things a little bi easier (and probably allow us to get the loot boosts sooner on rotations 1 & 3).   Another super/mega boost round would be a bad thing, as we wouldn't have the tokens saved up to use it.   A round with a loot boost like rotations 1 & 3 would probably be a wash, as it would just be a matter of figuring out when was the right time to buy the boosts with the extra tokens.

Have a feeling that non-DMU players would however probably be upset if the megs/super boost came every five weeks instead of every four though.

---

2) Bring back zombie kills that we had in Round 1, though maybe allow them up to 5 levels below you, so max level players have places they can go other than just compound defense.  Other than that, can't really think of anything.   We already have all the basic resources as tasks, plus finding weapons/gear/ammo.

Edited by Zingman, 02 August 2016 - 07:10 AM.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

2. Killing zombies would be a nice one, but I can't think of any others that would work on the top of my mind...

Yeah, water is pretty hard to find. I usually give up on survivor request passing on 30 fuel just because it's to much time to find all that water needed. Last time it 290 needed and first mission I ran gave me whooping 4 water.

Getting back to the topic... how about junk? We got piles and piles of these useless items. It could be either finding junk or just donating it. I know that old players have tons, but maybe in time (like 2 years from now) things would balance out. I know it wouldn't be a hard task.. but still a new one in the sets.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

1) Depends on what the boosts are that round.  Under the current rotation, during rotation 1 the loot boost is typically bought on Wednesday, rotation 2 is a "dead round" (i.e. nothing is bought), rotation 3 the loot boost is bought on whatever day allows us to buy the "super/mega boost" on day 1.   Rotation 4 (super/mega) is bought on day 1 with the tokens saved up from the other rounds.   Another "dead round" would make things a little bi easier (and probably allow us to get the loot boosts sooner on rotations 1 & 3).   Another super/mega boost round would be a bad thing, as we wouldn't have the tokens saved up to use it.   A round with a loot boost like rotations 1 & 3 would probably be a wash, as it would just be a matter of figuring out when was the right time to buy the boosts with the extra tokens.

Have a feeling that non-DMU players would however probably be upset if the megs/super boost came every five weeks instead of every four though.

---

2) Bring back zombie kills that we had in Round 1, though maybe allow them up to 5 levels below you, so max level players have places they can go other than just compound defense.  Other than that, can't really think of anything.   We already have all the basic resources as tasks, plus finding weapons/gear/ammo.

Adding another boost rotation isn't something I'm looking at for those reasons. What could be done to improve those off boost rounds (besides making it just like the mega round)?

As for zombie kills, it's a lot of work to the system because it uses the achievement / stats system. We'd have to allow it for some things and not others. It's problematic. 

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Getting back to the topic... how about junk? We got piles and piles of these useless items. It could be either finding junk or just donating it. I know that old players have tons, but maybe in time (like 2 years from now) things would balance out. I know it wouldn't be a hard task.. but still a new one in the sets.

System is only set up to allow donation of resources. Not items. 

I'm looking to challenge you, not make easy things that are boring :P

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

System is only set up to allow donation of resources. Not items. 

I'm looking to challenge you, not make easy things that are boring :P

Well if that is the case then we have all six resources covered. Cloth, metal, wood, food, water, ammo - all there..  Not sure what more can be added if they are all covered... Unless we decide that players have to donate in specific order: first 5k water, then 5k food, then 5k water again. This would be some kind of challenge... but I guess system was not designed for that either ;)

Do we need to create a new resource just have more ally tasks? :P

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 361 posts

Donate fuel task!

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

The large player Exodus due to the game being P2W and the eventual death of the game due to this one task. 

People wouldn't do that.

EDIT: Some thoughts on the idea. Note that these are based on Kongregate before the DMU was added.

The six tasks:

- Wood

The wood task is the most difficult building resource task since you cannot recycle much to get it (treated wood is scarce and in demand), and junk recycling is inefficant most of the time, forcing missions to construction sites to be done. Generally still an easy task.

- Metal

The metal task can be done by recycling the sh*t ton of machined parts and other 20 metal components to allow for an easy finish (some guys have been doing 200k metal). Super easy to do, just watch out for carpal tunnel during the recycling.

- Cloth

Refer to metal, it's just as easy.

- Ammo

Just run normal missions  (we all run gun locations for that chance of uni) and save ammo, use ammo con if possible, and if the slot is available, ammunition annual. Tough for raiders, but PvE'ers can get it done with 2-3 man missions.

This task is slightly more difficult than the building material tasks since you need to diligently donate, else you may have to spend fuel crafting ammo.

- Food

Requires dedicated donating throughout the round, team players, large donators will run supermarkets, and sometimes run the processed foods book in tandem with ammo con. This requires effort to complete, else you will have to trade for food with stuff like unis (food in demand at this time, so it aint cheap). You can't craft it either.

- Water

Basically the same thing as food, with about half the drop rate. Hardest task out there, so be diligent.

Now, the thing with the current Mega Boost is that it has 4 of the hardest tasks during that round, wood, ammo, food, and water. So with the hardest tasks, it would be appropriate to use the mega boost to assist in helping with the tasks.

Reference: Ammo Conservationist - reduces ammo cost on missions from 5-50% (depending on book, not a complete range).

Ammunition Annual - increases ammo drop chance by 5-9%

Processed Foods - increases food/water drops by 25, 30, or 50 percent, but reduces all other (ammo/wood/metal/cloth) drops by the same percent. Use with ammo con.

All of this was before DMU, now with DMU, a lot of this tactical-ness is less necessary due to being able to grind out missions.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 02 August 2016 - 04:33 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Great, thanks for the feedback. 

MW3, people would totally do that.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Guess I'm just more of a miser with fuel than I would like to admit :P

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 27 posts

Auraqai here... Damn! Wish I'd seen this thread earlier... 
Con, we have a sort of mild telempathy, as I've been brainstorming very similar ideas. It involved canvassing more than 80+ alliances and asking what their boost preferences were as well as the initial cost of their boosts vs. member capacity. I wrote it all down: initial costs, decrease increments, cost per member, yada yada yada. I also agree, we MUST maintain the challenging aspects of filling tasks. This means toughening up a few existing ones. 

The post below contains these questions + suggestions:
1)  New tasks and the 5th cycle

2)  simplify initial boost cost to 29 tokens per member, removing decimal places
3)  stop rounding boost costs to the nearest 5. Exact prices are fine, and more natural.

4)  increase each task reward to 9 tokens, from 8 (total 36, up from 32)

5)  Increase price drops from 4 total (1 every 24hrs) to 8 total (1 every 12 hrs). Many players with highest ranks in their alliances are NOT online when the price drops occur. This is an important detail. A leader may not be able to trust others with tokens, but members become disgruntled when boosts are purchased late.

6)  Daily FUEL loot cap + fuel boosts. Time to get honest

19+ months now leading what is arguably the consistently largest Looting alliance in the game (#AP). We figured out a way to buy a good boost every single week & GOLD Boost at least once a month, while still saving a small profit. (cant give away the secret! :P). Up to 20,219 tokens just before we got the GOLD boost a few days ago. I believe I can bring a heap of token/boost experience to the table here. And really help out with quality suggestions, as did MW3 in their thread.

#1) Lets focus now on task specifics. Below is a link to a detailed - yet simple chart I made for tasks. Please check it out! ,,,click the magnify glass to max image size.
http://s1339.photobu...xfnvdl.jpg.html

I studied the combinations of the 4-task setups for each cycle VERY tediously... and concluded with what I have there now, which is almost perfect. Minimal overlaps and maximum variability. The quota suggestions i didn't just pull out of my arse; i strongly recommend you devs integrate them.
You mentioned the tribulations involved with having to navigate the achievement-system codes in allowing creating those new tasks.... well what else is there to resort to? Those are the most sensible tasks to add. honestly, not many folks i think care much if achievement/awards had to be changed up a bit.

Now to the bread 'n butter. I have a couple juicy questions. 
#2)  Whats with the strange decimals used in determining each members' weight to initial cost of each boost? EXAMPLES: in a 50-member ally, initial boost cost= 1430 tokens. 1430 divided by 50= 28.6

...but its not consistent. In a 24-member ally, initial cost= 690. 690 divided by 24= 28.75

9-player ally, initial cost 260. 260 divided by 9= 28.88

You should simplify this! Change every initial boost cost to a solid 29 for each member. Yes, it will slightly increase the overall costs for the larger allies. however its a minuscule change.

#3)  This one is easy, just stop rounding the boosts to nearest 5, lol. There is nothing wrong or unsightly about exact numbers. 

#4)  Please Increase each task reward from 8 tokens each, to 9 (total 36, up from 32). This will offset the small price increase of boosts for the larger alliances once you solidify the cost per member, to 29 tokens. Essentially there is no significant change in an ally's ability to save more tokens just because there's a tiny bit more being earned.

#5)  Increase price drops to every 12 hrs. This one is VERY helpful! It saves loyal leaders the hassle of having to stay up late or wake up early to grab the boost for their ally in order to keep members happy, its much more convenient. Many folks would rather pay a handful more tokens than deprive themselves of sleep or risk handing a non-so-trustworthy member control of tokens. 8 separate price drops 12 hrs apart, beginning 12 hrs after round begins. So, those of you reading this, you just divide the initial boost cost by 10 to see the incremental decreases. Of course, the price drops still cease 48 hours before the round ends.

#6  Daily FUEL cap. Sensitive topic and I want to be gentle about this, because it strikes at the heart of ConArtists' profit machine. But secrecy doesn't help anyone. When you revealed that 4 uni's per day was the Uni cap, we were grateful for that. It breathed clarity. We would like to know the current FUEL cap.... lets say, for a LVL 55, with absolutely no oil books or oil boosts, I will guess 60-80, maybe 100. It used to be higher for LVL 50's back in the day, but most have noticed over the years it is sneakily reduced.

Nowadays, even with 25% peak oil equipped, and even 15% Fuel boost on top of that, we aren't seeing more than 120-140 FUEL looted per day. Thats honestly rubbish. If we are adding another 5th cycle into alliance rotations, the GOLD boosts need to be appealing and damn well worth it. That means one of the GOLD boosts should include a very juicy FUEL boost actually worth buying. Can you please provide us with the daily FUEL cap, and then propose what the GOLD Fuel boost could do to increase daily Fuel loot?

A breakthrough reveal can help us create a positive shift in trust and motivation to play harder, as well as souping up some awesome boost combinations to match up with the new 5 cycles. Obviously, creating a couple brand new boosts to fit into the new cycle rotations is a must, and we can fanagle some cool ideas as the dialogue builds.

THANKS EVERYONE for your time and input! Hope this helps inspire ya'll.
-Aura

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

1- Not really in my curent alliance we finish all the war tasks in the first 2-3 days (besides water).

2- Maybe adding killing a certain ammount of zombies

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 97 posts

2. If it's possible, adding tasks related to missions number and type, like:

- accomplish X number of manual / auto missions

- accomplish X number of 1 man/ 2 man missions.

PS: do not add a new water related task :)

Edited by tvsnake, 21 August 2016 - 01:34 PM.

Sgt_Den

Sgt_Den
  • 14 posts

The water task is unreasonably difficult with the disparity of drop rates vs food. I have calculated that water drops at about 1/4 the rate that food does. If it were at about 1/2 the rate of food it would be at least fair, or you should adjust the requirements for the task to reflect this disparity. Thank You.