Photo

Forum Avatar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

widgetdog

widgetdog
  • 12 posts

I have attempted to change my forum avatar to a 6 KB PNG image that is 200 pixels x 200 pixels. It says "Failed to set a new photo". I spent quite a while using multiple images and image editing tools to create the image and would greatly appreciate it if someone told me how to modify the image to allow it to be used.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts
How did you upload it from the site? Is it directly from your files ("Choose File", "Browse"), or did you upload it to an image hosting site, and then pasted the image URL here?

The site accepts PNGs, so this could be a matter of how you uploaded it and is probably not the actual image's fault, but just in case, try resizing it slightly bigger and see if it is accepted when you upload it.

widgetdog

widgetdog
  • 12 posts

How did you upload it from the site? Is it directly from your files ("Choose File", "Browse"), or did you upload it to an image hosting site, and then pasted the image URL here?

The site accepts PNGs, so this could be a matter of how you uploaded it and is probably not the actual image's fault, but just in case, try resizing it slightly bigger and see if it is accepted when you upload it.

I know it accepts PNGs as I have studied the upload image requirements. As for your advice on resizing, it didn't work (but thanks). I think it may have something to do with the transparent background but I must edit the image to make sure.

widgetdog

widgetdog
  • 12 posts

Got it to work, thanks.