Photo

Water Is Extremely Rare

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

Im probably not the first to talk about this, but

Water is insanely rare. Like, over the top rare. Two runs to two different large supermarkets gives me a total of 4 days of food, and I haven't seen my two days of water even go up.

Unless Im missing something, there isn't a single place to find large amounts of water.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

You are missing something. 

Water is rare, that's true.  Buts its also not best to go hunting for it in supermarkets.  (Results may depend on player level though?)

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 241 posts

Not every resource is going to be easy to find in the apocalypse. To make it the same rarity as other resources wouldn't make sense. Making it harder to find makes it more valuable to the player, encouraging them to keep their water levels higher, because if it gets low, it may be hard to find in mass quantities. Good weapons are also insanely rare and there's not a single place to find large amount(except in trade ;) ) which is what gives them value. For example, you don't find many people asking for food in trade, but I commonly see water traded in exchange for 1 key. If it was super easy to find, it wouldn't hold any value to players who might not want to run a lot of mission to stock up on it. However, that's just my opinion on it.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

forest maps in the lv 50+ areas is a pretty good place to get water.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 506 posts

POPULAR

I agree it kinda takes almost a week to fill the water storage's. I also have been using more Agriculture books and processed foods books to get my water. I also search the Forest for water.

also some water items found in dead zone need higher value

Water four pack should be worth 4 water rather than 2 water

Water pack should be worth 12 water rather than 3 water

Edited by Ghost Recon, 13 August 2016 - 12:40 AM.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

this is probably enough to solve the problem.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

forest maps in the lv 50+ areas is a pretty good place to get water.

any other area? I always run out of time on those maps 

Also, I dislike how food and water are treated like they are both found in equal amounts (war tasks for example)

passing player

passing player
  • 447 posts

and maybe have a specific place where water drops like food x2.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

The maps were I normally find allot of water are military bases on the food\water containers, I get around 30-40 a mission, supermarkets and places that drop water and food normally just give tons of food and barelly any water.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

I usually find 6-20 water in military bases (slightly less than a supermarket), its probably different for all of us.

One particular forest map with the cars gives lots of water from the containers, but the other map with the construction buildings has very little, and gives lots of wood and food instead. So it really depends on luck whether you get the map you want or not.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 506 posts

I usually find lots of water on the forest map with the most water container, hospitals and  large office buildings

survivor_i

survivor_i
  • 26 posts

yeah office and large office have many water container so u can find a good amount (20-50) based on level and book u have equipped.

its not that water is rare is food that is exagerated easy to find in large quantity specially for a city that is evacuated for years.

some source of water would be fountains in parks or hydrant on streets that when scavenged can drop a large amount think about it con

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

I loot 500 water a raid.  Raiders collect water easily, and scavengers collect ammo easily.  There must be a balance of raiders and taskers for an alliance to complete all tasks.  A full white flagged alliance would have difficulty with the water task.  A full raid alliance would have difficulty with donating ammunition.  Alliances with inactives or lazy players will have problems with both.  Every inactive or deadbeat player in your alliance adds 1,500 to the water task.  Boot the inactives, and tell lazy members to shape up or ship out.

Bieroholiker

Bieroholiker
  • 61 posts

That's one way to solve this problem. The new z-mas items we can find got me an idea. Since we can find more different food items (different boxes, bags, cans, nuts and jerky, etc.) but only a few water items (small bottle, 4pack, etc.) it would be easy to add some new ones. Just like the z-mas Non alkoholik cider or beer, maybe soda cans (things that can't rot easily)

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

What if they made a mini-game centered around getting water from the river surrounding the cities that we cross on those bridges. 

We would have a car (the safety zone where we leave), and we would send our scavengers to get the water. 

Zombies like the sound of flowing water so there would be lots of undead there, and you would have to run back and forth with water bottles to fill up the large water tank in the truck. 

Truck must be parked a few ways away from the river because of mushy ground and zombies in the way. (for those of you questioning, why can't the survivors just park the van closer to the river)