Photo

Island Help

Best Answer kennix18 , 14 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

I use 1 leader, 1 fighter, 1 medic, 1 recon, and 1 scav.

All 1st four survivors are armed with 4/4 skilled RPK-12s /w 3% loot chance 70/70/50 armors ( lvl 53+)

my scav uses a 20/25 luxurious golden liberty with a 70/70/60 3% loot chance scavenger armor.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Been away from the game for a year +, and having some serious issues with the Island.

I am level 51-52, have pretty decent amount of uniques (LRs, MGs, ARs, gear, etc.), but am having difficulty figuring out success for the Island.

Any tips, strategies, suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you!

evansmiker

evansmiker
  • 33 posts

Here is my island team, probably will help you a little bit.

leader.jpgfree image hosting

engineer.jpgphoto hosting

fighter.jpg上传图片的方法

medic.jpg图片托管

recon.jpg上传图片的地方

Edited by evansmiker, 13 August 2016 - 06:09 PM.

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Thanks, that should work.

BTW: Playing on AG.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I'd suggest using a leader, engineer, fighter, recon, and scavenger. Give your scavenger a melee weapon and your other 4 guys 30 range weapons, try to keep your range roughly all the same so all four of your guys can always do max damage at roughly the same range.

My weapons consists of two uni assault rifles (one xm8 and one g36) that have 29 and 30 range, two rpks, one uni, one rare, 31 range and 29 range, and a golden liberty on my scav.

Leader has a uni medic armor, Engineer has engineer armor, fighter has a purple crafted armor with a scouter kit, recon has uni recon armor, and my scav has uni scav armor (and a deathshead as well).

Have a few masks (two uni) and a helmet scattered around.

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

Yeah I had some problems doing Union Island as well on my first attempts. Now I regularly get 300 on it. 

My strongest advice is to run around zombies with your melee user. What i mean by this is that you grab your melee person, and make him lure all the zombies that are coming on their way, that way the rest of them are shooting the zeds and he is avoiding the damage. A recommendation while doing this is to make sure that the zombies are running away from the shooting group, that way they'll shoot their backs, dealing only critical hits.

As for weapons and gear, it just depends on what you got and your skill. Anyway, that's the advice I can offer to you that hasn't been commented here yet. Good luck mate :)

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Thanks guys for the advice, really appreciate it.

I did pretty good on my first attempt (passed the first stage against zed), but got wiped out every time I faced the HERC guys since then.

Should I be focusing on using smoke grenades against the HERC guys?

evansmiker

evansmiker
  • 33 posts

I did pretty good on my first attempt (passed the first stage against zed), but got wiped out every time I faced the HERC guys since then.

No need if you have enough skill. When fighting HERC, try to move your survivors to 1 point almost at same time(like fighter moves first and recon last), avoid the first man being attacked too much before your whole team get into position. Draw back your whole team whenever one of your man's health drop below a half or most of your man get suppressed. Try to enlarge the distance if your fire is not stronger than HERC, and find a cover before attack.(Finding a right place can tackle many difficult problems)

kennix18

kennix18
  • 56 posts
✓  Best Answer

I use 1 leader, 1 fighter, 1 medic, 1 recon, and 1 scav.

All 1st four survivors are armed with 4/4 skilled RPK-12s /w 3% loot chance 70/70/50 armors ( lvl 53+)

my scav uses a 20/25 luxurious golden liberty with a 70/70/60 3% loot chance scavenger armor.

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Thanks.

Got slaughtered by HERC again. I'm slow, so I always run out of time. Plus they slowly pick off my guys when I try to go faster.

How many HERC soldiers are on the map? Does it change each time?

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 378 posts

Previously I have posted a topic here about my gear on the island, here is a link (I don't want to revive it). I hope it helps.

http://forum.conarti...-team-and-gear/

evansmiker

evansmiker
  • 33 posts

Thanks.

Got slaughtered by HERC again. I'm slow, so I always run out of time. Plus they slowly pick off my guys when I try to go faster.

It seems that the number on a certain map is fixed. But be aware,  in each stage there is a map with a lot of HERC(which is a little bit tougher than others)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

Thanks.

I've learned it depends on the map, some of them are a lot harder and have more guys than normal.

I'd suggest doing missions in level 51+ areas to get gear, that way when you do the island, you'll have some decent gear to use

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate the tips and advice.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 453 posts

This is what works for me in both accounts:

1 Leader

Since the island is pretty much the only thing I do, I retrained my leader to put most points into scavenging, some more in healing, and the rest in fighting; that way I can use him as a scavenger in zombie maps, as a fighter in HERC maps, and as a medic in both. I give him a Long Rifle, because he will be busy scavenging in zombie maps (where LRs are much less useful).

2 Fighters

I prefer them to have ARs and LMGs instead of LRs, because they need to perform with both zombie and HERC, so in HERC maps they will provide suppresion and in zombie maps they will mow down most of them at a distance.

1 Recon

My recon uses a shotgun with good range, which helps in zombie maps to keep the closest infected at bay, and in HERC maps to provide suppresion and attack easily the closest HERCs (they perform much better than other weapons in this sense). Also, trap detection :)

1 Engineer

My engineer has a melee weapon with good damage and knockback, and I use it as a scavenger in HERC missions while the rest of the team kills the HERC (to save time, since HERC maps have few containers and killing the HERC might take a large portion of the mission time), and as a backup scavenger/close range zombie killer in zombie maps (because they usually have many containers). Obviously, she also can destroy doors/buildings and disarm traps.

For gear, all of them have 70exp/70 proj armor (which is vital to avoid losing the uni haul because of a mine or an unexpected HERC), and any additional perks I can find (luck, melee resistance, supp resistance, healing/scavenging/reload/move speed, etc)

For clothing, good supp resistance for my leader and fighters, clothing with melee combat to my engineer, and clothing with reload speed/damage/ranged combat to my recon.

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

Do you have high projectile resistance vests? If not, than just take precaution when roaming on HERC maps. But still, highest projectile vests are what you always want. Also, try not to take on too many HERC at once. Like, on the Monument map, where you have to disable 3 communications HUB against HERC, there is a certain spot where there are 5+ HERC. Try to walk little by little and take one down, then another, and then go into full firefight with them. 

I see other people are putting what team they take with them, so I'll do the same for you.

1. Leader: Since my leader has the highest level out of all my survivors, I take him with me always, since he's able to wear higher level weapons and gear. He wears a 70% projectile resistance vest and a 65% explosive resistance vest and takes a unique RPK with him.

2. Fighter: Since my fighters are low level at the moment, they take a unique level 45 LMG and a crafted armor I had made with 0 movement penalty, that way they don't go slower than what they already are and still have 65% projectile resistance.

3. Recon: I take a unique M-107 with my recon, along with a 70/70 projectile and explosive resistance vest. I usually send out my recon walking first due to the resistance, and due to the fact that their range allows them to spot enemies from afar. 

4. Medic: I have my medic with a unique medic armor, but I used to put on my medic a unique military armor before my medic reached level 51. I equip my medic with a unique assault rifle all the time, that way she can have support against HERC and zombies. A medic is absolutely necessary on Union Island, since you will get hurt.

5. Engineer: I equip my engineer with a melee weapon and a 55% resistance armor on melee, explosive and projectile. It's a very good armor, I know. But the reason I put it on him is so that he can lure around the zombies while sustaining little damage, to prevent explosives and HERC from doing too much damage as well.

You can substitute the Leader with a scavenger if they are high level enough. The reason why I would recommend it is because you want to do things quickly, and a scavenger will definitely save you time.

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

Thanks again for all the help guys and gals.

Finally able to start finding some success on The Island. I think the main thing is definitely to use vests/armor with as high proj% as possible and utilize your 5 man team properly. Appreciate the help!