Photo

Best Melee For Missions?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I'd like to know what are the best melee for missions as well as what i should put on my engineer. Currently I have a golden liberty, warbringer (which seemed to be a massive waste), drivehammer, two rare tac blades, and a pulverizer. 

The liberty is the only melee I have that seems to be actually useful at my level, (put it on my melee fighter, he's got an infamous vest too) tacblades are entirely out of question, drivehammmer and warbringer are on my scavs, so all i'm left is putting the pulverizer on my engineer but that does so little dps i might as well bring a gun.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 461 posts

In my opinion, DPS is not everything with melees; most of the times, melee is used as a backup weapon to protect the survivors wielding guns, so it is desirable to have a lot of knockback and pair it with a high healt/melee resistance gear. Also, the APS is very important: a weapon that does little damage but hits more often will be much more effective than a slow weapon with high damage, especially when knockback and splash damage come into play.

I would stick with the pulverizer or the drivehammer for the engineer (give one of your scavengers the tac blade, since they won't be often in the "fighting" side).

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I just crafted a blue sword, got really lucky (50% damage and 25% aps) so I'm currently using it on my engineer.

I don't plan on giving my scavs the tac blades, they'll die really easy, and they deal little to no knockback.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Depends on the mission.

Auto missions DPS is the only thing that matters, so a blue sword with a good craft will almost always win out.

Player missions are another animal entirely.  Yes damage is important, but having good APS and knockback are important too.   I find that, in comparison to even a blue warhammer, the sword is just a little too slow for my liking, and doesn't have enough knockback.

To each their own though.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

for PVE missions the pulverizer is the best bet, high knockback and the in built melle res enables the use of more item find gear.

the warbringer is kind of meh. only use a single one on my fighter sisnce he already got 70% melle res on the vest the HP bonus becames usefull.