Photo

Unique/rare Items Have Default Stats

commsmg items bug refresh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

I logged on, and was about to send a mission, until I noticed my weapons and gear have unusually low stats, which I assume were stats from before they rolled Unique or Rare.

Now, this happened multiple times before and is very common for me, and I simply refreshed the game, but now it has become annoying to refresh and load the game all over again.

This only happens to Unique and Rare weapons and gear, purple and blue weapons and gear become blank boxes with the Unique/Rare name of the previous weapon rolled over.

Spoiler

Holsters that have 80/70ish stats are now lowered to 40ish.

Spoiler

Pretty interesting, the only weapon that got an increase in stats is my gloriously sad rare PDW which had only 2.5% hit chance, wonder whats up with that.

Spoiler

It hasn't happened before until around maybe a month or two ago. Its a big nuisance, because I can't risk going on missions, and fighting Elites with Uniques with glitched stats. The DPS of those weapons is affected too from the default stats, which is how I noticed it the first time this happened. I could've screenshotted them but I forgot, unfortunately. I could show it the next time this glitch happens.

Originals, now that I refreshed the game:

Spoiler

Haven't changed anything on my end as far as I know.

EDIT: When this glitch happened, I was changing my survivor loadout from the Island raid loadouts to TMPs and holsters for manual missions, apparently the changes weren't saved since now that I refreshed, I have to change the loadouts once again.

Edited by CommSMG, 25 August 2016 - 01:45 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 746 posts

Same here. Imagine my horror when I saw this one had 32.5% range and damage:

15zk39w.jpg

BTW, do you know if those glitched stats also apply in the mission (which is, the stats are reduced in mission instead of being only a display error)?

Edited by Lana Woo, 26 August 2016 - 12:22 AM.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

BTW, do you know if those glitched stats also apply in the mission (which is, the stats are reduced in mission instead of being only a display error)?

I haven't tried that yet. I'll remember to the next time it happens. Maybe I could compare the range of the same weapon, glitched and non-glitched since range is easier to compare. If the range is different, then that means other glitched stats from all other weapons and gear are likely reduced in gameplay also when the game glitches, I could do it in Raid Practice so there is no ammo cost.

I also wonder what would show up if you show the glitched weapons or gear in chat, what would everyone else see?

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

When somebody has this glitch and posts their items in the chat, the items still appear as normal to everyone else.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 746 posts

I also wonder what would show up if you show the glitched weapons or gear in chat, what would everyone else see?

To that I can answer: they see them normally. I posted it on trade asking if Con had nerfed the range on RPKs, but everyone saw it as being 50 range (and of course, lots of offers :P )

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Exact weapon and gear stats, glitched and non-glitched here:

http://imgur.com/a/XPaH2

Summary and side-by-side comparison:

Glitched Range:

KEs1Bcr.jpg

Non-glitched Range:

g86552q.jpg

Medic spawned at right at the edge of the concrete barrier in both instances. Range is obviously affected by the glitch, so presumably other stats are too, both gear and weapons. This is the same weapon.

Edited by CommSMG, 31 August 2016 - 03:13 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 746 posts

[...]Range is obviously affected by the glitch, so presumably other stats are too, both gear and weapons. This is the same weapon.

Thank you for your research  :)

I've noticed that sometimes in the Island my survivors are way less effective and much more fragile, so now I'm checking everything before going out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commsmg, items, bug, refresh