Photo

Make All Helmets Be Able To Be Worn With Masks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Title.

This includes the HERC Heavy helmet. Bit sad I can't wear a mask with it like the other helmets, considering the combat helms do the exact thing.

Not sure if there are other helmets that can't be worn with masks or not.

EDIT: this only goes for helmets that have 5-10% suppression res or some injury chance, cause i can understand how some helmets could be op

Edited by tehswordninja, 07 September 2016 - 08:35 PM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 597 posts

Title.

This includes the HERC Heavy helmet. Bit sad I can't wear a mask with it like the other helmets, considering the combat helms do the exact thing.

Not sure if there are other helmets that can't be worn with maskers or not.

But the HERC Heavy Helmet covers the whole head while the Combat Helmets just cover the top of the head

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Just like Aub said, the HERC Helmets covr the head + they have a visor that covers the face, that´s the main reason they can´t be equiped with masks.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 537 posts

In my opinion, the HERC helmet should be at least 15% or 17.5% supp resistance to be worth the trouble (makes sense that a combined helmet and visor would offer mone immunity to suppresion than a single item). You could use it with the hunter ski-mask and get a better performance than a mask/helmet combo.

Also, it might be worth considering a new clothing that can be used with those whole-head masks, such as headbands, ear protection, and whatever this thing is:

Morgan_headgear_hd-400.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,150 posts

It's a balancing thing. Helmets that occupy the face slot are doing so that you can't overstat your character.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

how is it balance when the combat helmets do the exact same thing?

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 597 posts

how is it balance when the combat helmets do the exact same thing?

What do you mean by they do the exact same thing?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

What do you mean by they do the exact same thing?

the herc heavy helmet provides 10% suppression res

the combat helmets provide 10% suppression res

passing player

passing player
  • 463 posts

if u can wear both u get 20% supp resistance (or is it 19?) which may be too OP.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

if u can wear both u get 20% supp resistance (or is it 19?) which may be too OP.

i never said wear both though

I just wanted to be able to wear my uni mask with the herc heavy helmet like i can with the combat helms

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts
Frankly I have to agree with swordninja, the Heavy helmets have the same suppresion stat as a combat helmet (both 10%), yet it occupies with the head and face space. That's kind of an unnecessary penalty, I'd rather simply use a normal combat helmet just to put a mask on, at least the combat helmets are more flexible and useful with face clothing.

It won't be game-breaking to allow face accessories to be equippable and hidden under the visor (or invisible on the survivor to avoid clipping). The heavy helmet functions statistically exactly like a combat helmet, so why are they different? Why penalize for their purely aesthetic epic juggernaut look?

EDIT: The Rasputin helmet has different stat combinations than all other clothing, at least that's a valid reason for it to have the face penalty.

Edited by CommSMG, 07 September 2016 - 01:23 AM.

Ecko

Ecko
  • 13 posts

When it comes to balance, people already answered that stats of combat and herc helmets are the same.

It's funny though, when it comes to logic, that some people (cough...con) say that helmets that occupy the face can't be equipped with masks, when I comfortably wear a raid/bounty mask under motorcycle helmets that cover the whole face literally, and not just a visor.

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

It's a balancing thing. Helmets that occupy the face slot are doing so that you can't overstat your character.

Except when the Herc Helmets were introduced we already had 10% Combat Helmets.  Herc Helmets serve no use in pvp whatsoever.  Combat helmet is the exact same stat wise, and has far more options to be paired with.  For Rasputin it makes sense, for Herc Helmets, it doesn't.