Upgrading Weapons Above Lvl 50

Upgrading Weapons 50 Above

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Hi all,

I've been playing DZ for quite a while now, however there's one thing I've never been able to accomplish. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to give me a step-by-step.

I can't seem to craft weapons above level 50. My assault rifles. shotgun, sniper rifle, machine gun, and swords all are upgraded to the max level of 50. How do I create/upgrade above this level?

My overall rating is now at level 51 and the automated zombie attacks are pushing me to the very edge of being able to survive.

I don't play PvP, so you have no worries about me using this knowledge against you :-) I bought a White Flag and prefer to play against the computer. I want to go to Union Island, but know that without level 50+ weapons I'll get wiped.

Anyone help out an "old timer"?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

just run missions at the level 51+ areas, if a weapon has a max level, you cannot upgrade it past that

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Each weapon has it's own individual max level.  If you're reached max level on those weapons then they can't be upgraded anymore.

Level 50+ weapons (which can typically be upgraded to level 55) can be found in the neighborhoods or Waterside and Green Plains, which are located just to the right of Union Island.

---

Having level 55 weapons does not guarantee success on Union Island, nor are they even required.  When I was first having success on Union Island I was using two M-416s, an M-60 and a P-90 (link).   I'm using better weapons now, and the island is quite easy for me, but that is more due to months of practice and repetition than the weapons themselves.   If I were to go back in time and start the island with the weapons I have now I have little doubt in my mind that it would be wrought with as much failure as I had the first time.  

passing player

passing player
  • 464 posts

Having level 55 weapons does not guarantee success on Union Island, nor are they even required.  When I was first having success on Union Island I was using two M-416s, an M-60 and a P-90 (link). 

just saying, but thats a PDW-M and not a P90.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

just saying, but thats a PDW-M and not a P90.

Eh whatever :P  I haven't used those weapons in a long lime :P

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

Everyone had to run the island with level 50 weapons.  It was the only way to get new weapons at the time.  Use some M416's that have 28-30 range and decent dps.  Use one melee, and use the best armors you have.  There really is no reason to be afraid of the island.  As far as compound defense against zombies goes, use bandos/carriers/swiftdraws and the highest dps guns you have.  Even with blue guns and swiftdraws you should not be having too much difficulty.  If your guns are really that bad, you should take take some keys and join trade channel.  Second and third tier guns are very cheap now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upgrading, Weapons, 50, Above