Jump to content

Photo

Is This Absolutely Necessary!

looter shiny furious search unique books

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1
latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

I have not found a unique in a month and I, admit, get upset seeing the broadcast and chat with people who has uniques. I have the shiny book but its not enough. is it really necessary that I have furious search, looter and shiny equipped at one time in order to increase my chances. Any tips would be helpful and share any info such as use this % of furious search, blah, blah blah. And yeah I already know about the whole Diablo 2 number roll back system...just save it for someone else. Thx


  • -1

#2
Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

I have yet to find a unique at all. If you're looking to make a suggestion, do so. But at present this is only a complaint thread that you're giving a list of what type of response you want.

If you're not ignorant of how the system works, as you mention you're not; then take a breath and realize that the rng just hasn't favored you.


  • 0

#3
latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

I have yet to find a unique at all. If you're looking to make a suggestion, do so. But at present this is only a complaint thread that you're giving a list of what type of response you want.

If you're not ignorant of how the system works, as you mention you're not; then take a breath and realize that the rng just hasn't favored you.

Im asking a question, do I need to equip furious search, looter and shiny all at the same time?


  • 0

#4
Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

Im asking a question, do I need to equip furious search, looter and shiny all at the same time?

I found the 4% ohh shiny but to be honest, I don't notice much difference. Used looter once and got nothing, never use furious search.

 

I've found loads of uniques and plenty of really good ones. I run at least 20 missions each and every day.

 

If you have not found a one, then the random number generator either really hates you, really loves me or is just way to random.


  • 0

#5
Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

Im asking a question, do I need to equip furious search, looter and shiny all at the same time?

To get uniques you don't have to no, but % wise it will likely stack to increase your chances. Without specifics of how they affect each other ( do %'s stack cumulatively or does a 4% increase factor in after a 18% limited time book, etc ) no one can give a definitive answer.

The only solid response is that having them all on can't hurt your % chance of finding uniques. But we cannot give you a hard answer regarding what specifically you need to get uniques often.

 

You can have a 99% chance at finding a unique and the RNG rolling that 1% where you don't find one every time.


  • 0

#6
latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

alrite thx


  • 0

#7
Babap

Babap
  • 93 posts

It is just the matter of luck. And Shinny / Looters just increase the chance of finding them. (so with Deathmobile upgrade)

 

It is just like rolling a dice

 

You can have a dice who has a 6 on two faces in stead of just one. But you can still end up without rolling a six.

 

 

Some people is lucky to obtain a unique / rare early, while some people are not so lucky. Just like you can roll a 6 the first time you roll a dice, or theortically you can roll up to 1000 times and still not have a 6

 

Hope this helps. And Good luck with finding some.


  • 0

#8
James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

It's all luck, friend.

 

 

The Random Generated Numbers is what causes this, it may give you a box, it may give you junk, and if you're lucky enough...a rare/purple/unique weapon or gear!

 

 

Keep trying, you may soon find one!

 

 

Good luck! :)


  • 0

#9
Reoejet

Reoejet
  • 25 posts

Those Looter, Ooooh Shiny, etc. books are there just to boost your chances to get a unique or rare or purple. They don't give a definite %. The Random Generated Numbers dictate the percentage. So even if you calculate the % with your books and stuff to, let's say, 60%, The Random Generated Numbers will still roll randomly. In effect, that 60% could be over-ridden to a crap 10% or 5%.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. ;)


  • 1

#10
Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts
So far I never found anything using o shiny n looter books. But I have found 2 rares in the past few days without the books
  • 1

#11
Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

yeah, i've just found 2 rares, 3 purps, a couple of blues, (but i dont find any lvl 22)...

 

i dunno, some players say that lvl 20- range don't find much goods, for me.

 

BTW, I reckon we should ask Con to raise up the stats for "oooh shiney!" perm book. I don't know if he would agree to this but, just saying! :)


Edited by Samuel Feng, 13 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

  • 0

#12
Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I just found my first unique today, and I've been max level for a long time.

 

Random number generator is random.


  • 0

#13
Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

I just found my first unique today, and I've been max level for a long time.

 

Random number generator is random.

Congrats...I hate to be annoying this way, but post link to picture in the "items" thread maybe? 


  • 0

#14
latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

alright just tried it with 19% furious, 4% shiny and 15% looter. 2 uniques out of 12 or 13 missions(should I count the last mission because the timer on looter ran out but it didn't leave the slot till after the mission?)


  • 0

#15
Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

alright just tried it with 19% furious, 4% shiny and 15% looter. 2 uniques out of 12 or 13 missions(should I count the last mission because the timer on looter ran out but it didn't leave the slot till after the mission?)

 

As far as I know, as long as the book is active at the start of the mission, it stays active throughout the entire mission. (Although don't quote me on this)


Edited by Sandro_Jern, 14 April 2013 - 04:14 AM.

  • 0

#16
LindenBrah

LindenBrah
  • 241 posts

Havent gotten anything since i was level 15 now im 25... Still i get alright books which i trade for rares which i trade for uniques so yeah im fine.

MERCHANT HERE


  • 0

#17
Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Havent gotten anything since i was level 15 now im 25... Still i get alright books which i trade for rares which i trade for uniques so yeah im fine.

MERCHANT HERE

 

Lol welcome to the club...we are all merchants one way or another ;)

And yes, luck is luck and rng is rng...some people get uniques daily, some don't until they're lvl 50. Just keep playing, you'll get your riches :).


  • 1

#18
sweetsammi

sweetsammi
  • 57 posts
You will end up finding one :) took me forever too. And I still only have one that's actuallu my level lol just give it time and enjoy the game. No need to get upset. Bad moods are a waste of time lol :)
  • 0



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: looter, shiny, furious search, unique, books