Photo

What Should Of Been Done For The Stadium

Stadium Terror Dome Zombies Idea New

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JumperBoy5

JumperBoy5
  • 13 posts

Right so the new rewards from the Terror Dome totally bum out and are not worth the fuel, right?

​Con claims they get better and will be worth it once you take the tactical approach to succeeding. But eventually everyone will and just farm the rewards like island until they become common as the uniques that flood the game.
​The whole systematic approach to "pressing buttons" just feels overly simple while getting blown up by suicide zombies.
​It just doesn't feel right to a zombie game.

​Something that would seem a whole lot better is something similar to the compound defence. Now as boring as it is, it could be changed into something a whole lot more challenging but for the stadium.
​So for the set timer as we already know, we have to kill all the zombies sent to us during our defence, correct?

​Now what if we were to do that in the stadium, but each lasting a series of rounds.

Each round provides the players points that counts towards the rewards OR a choice of things to help to keep playing with the option to "cash out" after each wave.
​The things to help could be but are not limited to.

-Barricades

-Damage bonuses

-Grenades

-Trap lay outs

-Revival of a downed survivor

-Healing a % of the health of one survivor

As each round progresses, it gets much harder. A lot more difficult than the compound defence scheme where players sit there "afk" or just chat in trade rather than pay any attention to their defence.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 714 posts

Yeah, this would have been better imo.

I honestly thought it would have gone something like this:

you use 5-10 survivors

you're given a place to defend

you get some traps and barricades you can place

wave survival for probably 10 rounds

each round gets more and more difficult with more difficult zombies, scales with your level, but you can encounter zombie types you otherwise would not have seen at your level (herc riots at level 45 for example)

last wave would have one-four of the 'hunters' as a boss, or perhaps a few elite infected

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Tbh wen con said he was doing a stadium arena I imagined a open stadium with zombie waves swarming us time over time over time untill the timer runs out and the ammount of zombies we killed would determinate the quality of the rewards we get.

This arena costs WAY to much fuel and has junk rewards besides the uni tokens and new clothing, basicly it´s the same prizes that we get in bountys but we need to pay fuel to do it.

Not to mention that it´s broken (at least for me), scavenger takes 15 secs ish to loot a red button fighter takes also 15 secs and my leader takes like 13-14, funny thing is that my scav has 57 scavenging and my leader has 22...

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

Yeah, this would have been better imo.

I honestly thought it would have gone something like this:

you use 5-10 survivors

you're given a place to defend

you get some traps and barricades you can place

wave survival for probably 10 rounds

each round gets more and more difficult with more difficult zombies, scales with your level, but you can encounter zombie types you otherwise would not have seen at your level (herc riots at level 45 for example)

last wave would have one-four of the 'hunters' as a boss, or perhaps a few elite infected

this should be an option when deploying before it starts(kind of like an option button toggling if you want the classic terror dome or defend yourself style)

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 26 October 2016 - 12:55 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 714 posts

this should be an option when deploying before it starts(king of like an option button toggling if you want the classic terror dome or defend yourself style)

nah, make it another PVE event, maybe it starts at level 25 or something

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stadium, Terror Dome, Zombies, Idea, New