Photo

Change Bounty Requirements.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 653 posts

POPULAR

100 fat infected? What? it used to be no more than 20, why did it get changed? really hoping the rewards actually got fixed this time around if this was intended.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,684 posts

Agreed, bounties have become slow, tedious grinds and for the most part well out of range at max level.

passing player

passing player
  • 440 posts

If Con is making bounties longer, he should make it a bit better.

EDIT: I think he should.

Edited by passing player, 25 September 2016 - 12:00 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 653 posts

oh, here's an idea:

now that bounties take several years to complete, why not have a terror dome ticket as a reward, or at least a chance?

Edited by tehswordninja, 25 September 2016 - 12:53 AM.

hotshot85

hotshot85
  • 27 posts

thank you for starting this. i was about to.

before the damn time-extension patch bounties used to take about 6-7missions. perfect amount for effort vs reward. even if the reward sucks it takes a reasonable amount of time.

then it got buffed massively to 150+ walker types and instead of kits (which stack and are very occasionally useful. eg. range kits.) we get hoodies to recycle.

now it got buffed even more to 120+fats (i get at best 30 per run).

con are you trying to alienate f2p users?

p2w armors in prem boxes aside.. this new ninja patch pretty much ensures all f2p users put in another 2-3missions per bounty.

hell even my dmu alliance members are complaining about farming fats.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,684 posts

All my accounts have DMUs, and whilst we have longer to complete bounties, that isn't how I liked to approach them. This on top of ballistic resistant elites, spending hideous amounts of time in levels way below your own scavenging utterly pointless stuff, has just sort of switched off any attraction to standard gameplay. Which i'm quite sad about.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 653 posts

All my accounts have DMUs, and whilst we have longer to complete bounties, that isn't how I liked to approach them. This on top of ballistic resistant elites, spending hideous amounts of time in levels way below your own scavenging utterly pointless stuff, has just sort of switched off any attraction to standard gameplay. Which i'm quite sad about.

agreed, and i don't have a dmu. the terror dome costs too much to do, island is pretty boring (and annoying when your survivors bug out) and often a waste of 30 minutes.

the three current 'reward tasks' (island terror dome and bounties) are all generally not worth doing (only the island is because its free and doesn't take that much time) which is somewhat sad.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Wasn't it about fatties first?

Since I get 155 fatties to kill, runners disappeared totally from my bounty list .... did they get replaced by fatties?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,684 posts

I would prefer fatties to walkers though, at least you get them in rushes :)

hotshot85

hotshot85
  • 27 posts

I would prefer fatties to walkers though, at least you get them in rushes :)

from experience unless you get rushed 2-3times.. at lvl55 maps you can usually get between 60-80walkers with good enough gear.

fatties.. at best you get 30-40. with or without rushes. they have relatively small spawn rate while still having large kill requirements.

Con

Con
  • 4,031 posts

Hey everyone, 

We're looking into this. Seems that the introduction of the Terror Dome and some custom enemies that are in that have disrupted the bounties. Wasn't intentional, running some tests, should have answers soon. 

Edit: Yep, looks like that was the case. Making some fixes to bounty exclusions, will keep you all posted. 

josssssok

josssssok
  • 8 posts

98 / 135 fat killed ... Wow it was so hard to find, i ll abandon asap :) 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 653 posts

Hey everyone, 

We're looking into this. Seems that the introduction of the Terror Dome and some custom enemies that are in that have disrupted the bounties. Wasn't intentional, running some tests, should have answers soon. 

Edit: Yep, looks like that was the case. Making some fixes to bounty exclusions, will keep you all posted. 

glad to hear it, thanks for looking into this!

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Are the fixes up? I just requested a new bounty and ...

JajGL0L.png

... again 95 fat infected in Green Plains.

Okay, last bounty I had 135 in Green plains, it is way less now but stil kinda time consuming.

Con

Con
  • 4,031 posts

Are the fixes up? I just requested a new bounty and ...

JajGL0L.png

... again 95 fat infected in Green Plains.

Okay, last bounty I had 135 in Green plains, it is way less now but stil kinda time consuming.

Had some issues with it in testing. Looking at another 12 hours or so before we'll get a chance to try again.

survivor_i

survivor_i
  • 26 posts

hi i had an issue not with fats but with dogs in lv 45 area. i had to find 10 of them i have dmu and after a week (done all building in the area nearly every day) i had found only 6, and i have abandoned it. the next one had fattys in it but done in a day with no prob. if u want to insert dogs in hight lv bounty (im lv 55) pleease make them in waterside or green plains were dogs spawn more (1-3 each mission). thank you and keep the great work

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 97 posts

Maybe is fixed now, but seriously, "kill 195 walkers" it's a little bit boring :/

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 108 posts

Honestly I like the ammount of fats at 80+. Come on now guys, some of you are DMU users and complaining, I don't see your reason. Let it be a challenge ffs.

Did mine perfectly fine without DMU. Took me only 5 missions.

23cZcqn.png

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 653 posts

Honestly I like the ammount of fats at 80+. Come on now guys, some of you are DMU users and complaining, I don't see your reason. Let it be a challenge ffs.

Did mine perfectly fine without DMU. Took me only 5 missions.

My bounty has taken at least 10 missions, and I don't have DMU.

80-150 fat infected is a problem, especially with the normally not so great rewards. 

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 108 posts

Bad luck or you're doing small maps. I kept getting 20+ fats per mission in forests and military bases.