Photo

Tech Terror - Halloween 2016

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,260 posts

Ok. Here's some answers.

1. Old Halloween stuff wasn't on theme, I didn't feel like trotting it out for the 4th time. I know some of you love it, but it felt weird to be handing out candy and stuff when we were going for a pretty non-Halloween style update. I guess I was wrong?

2. The 4th of July stuff being up there still is an oversight, we're working on re-aligning the versions of the buildings info (they're all mixed up with some in production stuff as well as some live stuff). Should be fixed soon.

3. We're insanely busy. We're down a couple of people at the moment and we're trying to finish up Warfare Online. I've personally worked pretty much every day since July, so yeah, I'm a bit tired. 

Martinichaos

Martinichaos
  • 56 posts

Ok. Here's some answers.

1. Old Halloween stuff wasn't on theme, I didn't feel like trotting it out for the 4th time. I know some of you love it, but it felt weird to be handing out candy and stuff when we were going for a pretty non-Halloween style update. I guess I was wrong?

2. The 4th of July stuff being up there still is an oversight, we're working on re-aligning the versions of the buildings info (they're all mixed up with some in production stuff as well as some live stuff). Should be fixed soon.

3. We're insanely busy. We're down a couple of people at the moment and we're trying to finish up Warfare Online. I've personally worked pretty much every day since July, so yeah, I'm a bit tired. 

Make sure to take care of yourself first, Con. Don't overexert yourself.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Ok. Here's some answers.

Hey Con, people just love pumpkins and stuff at Halloween ... many expected to get pumpkinks and stuff for repairing those Halloween traps (I unfortunately missed them last year) - so yes, I guess you were wrong in this case.

Btw .. I think it is not fair ... same traps for all!

Halloween didn't feel like Halloween this year and this is quite disappointing to me.

I totally understand that your team wants to finish Warfare Online and I think even DZ still deserves a little more attention.

Many people still play and enjoy this game daily and are willing to spend money on ... don't leave us hanging :)

Edited by Cherry, 08 November 2016 - 12:22 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

atleast the halloween's  gear are useful for Pve and Pvp. but it would be better if sentinal gear get 70% projective in lvl 55  

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 109 posts

Can someone post the stats of a fully maxed out Heavy Brawler suit? Trying to decide if I should upgrade one or not.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Ok. Here's some answers.

Why are you down a few people?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Was just thinking that, hope everyone is ok.

Con

Con
  • 4,260 posts

Yep, everyone is fine, just leave etc. 

It's not so much that we "want" to finish up Warfare, we kind of need to, it's coming up on 3 years in development. 

With that said, we're already planning our next Dead Zone update :)

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Yep, everyone is fine, just leave etc. 

It's not so much that we "want" to finish up Warfare, we kind of need to, it's coming up on 3 years in development. 

With that said, we're already planning our next Dead Zone update :)

ok good and its too bad I live in America and have zero video game developing experience or i would come help you guys free of charge

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 09 November 2016 - 01:01 AM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

Hey Con, people just love pumpkins and stuff at Halloween ... many expected to get pumpkinks and stuff for repairing those Halloween traps (I unfortunately missed them last year) - so yes, I guess you were wrong in this case.

Btw .. I think it is not fair ... same traps for all!

Halloween didn't feel like Halloween this year and this is quite disappointing to me.

I totally understand that your team wants to finish Warfare Online and I think even DZ still deserves a little more attention.

Many people still play and enjoy this game daily and are willing to spend money on ... don't leave us hanging :)

So Warfare Online is finishing up, but what about LS:DZ? On Facebook LS:DZ isn't or at least, it says it's still in beta. Is it really in beta or is this just some text error? Because the game feels finalized, just always gets updates cause, well it's an online game so yeah it gets updates and grows.

Edited by longorjames, 09 November 2016 - 04:13 AM.

Strider

Strider
  • 245 posts

Did the crafting timer for the EXO suits end earlier again? I could have sworn they were still up for another few hours, yet I can no longer see the schematics for them. If so, this is straight up bullshit because this exact same thing happened with previous events where if you were in another timezone the event ends earlier for you, yet it continues for others elsewhere. Have a uniform end time for everyone? I purposely waited until the last moments to gather the EXO components and then craft them but the event has already ended way ahead of schedule, this is completely stupid. I didn't even manage to craft any of the suits, thanks a lot.

edit: someone from chat said the timer is another 4 hours for them, the least you could do is make sure EVERYONE sees the schematics until the proper ending time holy heck, or you know extend the craft timers to match the weapons because nobody really cares about those

Edited by Strider, 09 November 2016 - 07:46 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,260 posts

Did the crafting timer for the EXO suits end earlier again? I could have sworn they were still up for another few hours, yet I can no longer see the schematics for them. If so, this is straight up bullshit because this exact same thing happened with previous events where if you were in another timezone the event ends earlier for you, yet it continues for others elsewhere. Have a uniform end time for everyone? I purposely waited until the last moments to gather the EXO components and then craft them but the event has already ended way ahead of schedule, this is completely stupid. I didn't even manage to craft any of the suits, thanks a lot.

edit: someone from chat said the timer is another 4 hours for them, the least you could do is make sure EVERYONE sees the schematics until the proper ending time holy heck, or you know extend the craft timers to match the weapons because nobody really cares about those

It's an error between the display and the actual end time, try setting your clock back a few hours on your machine.

Con

Con
  • 4,260 posts

So Warfare Online is finishing up, but what about LS:DZ? On Facebook LS:DZ isn't or at least, it says it's still in beta. Is it really in beta or is this just some text error? Because the game feels finalized, just always gets updates cause, well it's an online game so yeah it gets updates and grows.

When I say "finishing up" I mean getting it to a point where we can launch it. It'll be a lot like Dead Zone in that we'll continue to develop it over time. But, it'll be a bit slower in terms of updates. They'll be more work and more spaced out than the Dead Zone ones.

We've still got a bunch of stuff for Dead Zone in the works. Some of it in different stages of completion. The beta tag will probably come off at the end of the year :)

Strider

Strider
  • 245 posts

It's an error between the display and the actual end time, try setting your clock back a few hours on your machine.

A much appreciated reply but probably a tad too late for the poor EXO suits.. either way I don't think a client side error like this that affects players in a specific timezone should be so prevalent, are there any fixes possible on the server side to not have this issue?

B_S

B_S
  • 37 posts

Really rather bummed that we didn't get an extension on building the EXO suits, to match the timer on the weapons.  :(

Martinichaos

Martinichaos
  • 56 posts

These event items will be made trade-able at a later date right? I have some extra exo-weapons that I wouldn't mind parting with for the right price.

buzzercoot

buzzercoot
  • 33 posts

i personally liked this Halloween update. Didn't mind the old stuff not coming back mainly because i been playing for a few years. Didn't really get into the EXO Suits, don't really need them for my playing style. Loved the weapons they are very cool. made the pistol for my scavenger and he is a killing machine. Thanks con for always keeping me entertained.

kevinthanh92

kevinthanh92
  • 35 posts

Test Gun EXO 500 MkII :)

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

Test Gun EXO 500 MkII :)

where's the damn P90...oops,I mean EXO-90

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 14 November 2016 - 11:45 AM.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

where's the damn P90...oops,I mean EXO-90

this is a clickbait!

That is not clickbait. The title of his video, as quoted from the video title; "The Last Stand Dead Zone - Test Gun EXO 500 MkII - Halloween Event 2016". Notice how 'EXO-90' isn't included in the video title, or the YouTube description at all, and that the video is showing two survivors wielding only EXO-500 pistols. Seems pretty accurate to me.

I have absolutely no idea where you came to that conclusion.

Edited by CommSMG, 13 November 2016 - 04:13 PM.