kevinthanh92
  • 35 posts

where's the damn P90...oops,I mean EXO-90

where's the damn P90...oops,I mean EXO-90

P90 EXO it's crap and stuff, you dont mind

JBourne

JBourne
  • 9 posts

It was a nice event,most players may expected something different but it was a good chance to grab and craft some premium gear and weapons.

Congratulations on completion.Nice work!

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 23 posts

My thoughts?

1. Disappointed we got no Halloween structures, neither Tech Terror related or last year items.

2. Also, this would have been a great chance to release some sort of infected/exo-suit special zombie seeing how the announcement of this update said there were "infected hosts". Maybe, like, an unique elite infected with a prototype exo suit installed directly into its flesh. I must say the theme music was kinda cool. I imagined like The Last Stand (the first game) in space or something like it.

3. The exo items were great, not too expensive and not too hard to obtain the components. The fuel prices were ok but a melee weapon was missing. Shame I could only craft the soldier exo and the exo90. Maybe you could release as schematics only available in Union Island? Either as elite/rare scavegeable items and the exo parts boxes also being scavengeable. Not tradeable of course. Maybe?

Overall, good update. Sure, there were no skulls and pumpkins but it was a good opportunity to try something new. Hope this whole EXO thing is not just a fad and you are able to develop it more. Maybe another exo weapon and new zombie type?

Good work Con and team, really enjoyed the Terror Tech update.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

My final feedback: It was a fun update, but I didn't like the upgrade costs nor the fact we never saw anything unique with the "infected hosts"

I also think there was a lot of missed opportunity for HERC soldiers using exo suits, maybe these could be added later on? Like Souvage012 said, I wouldn't mind schematics for the weapons/gear showing up on Union Island, that would definitely provide some incentive to continue playing it.

Also, I feel like the weapons could have been made a bit more interesting, and if nothing else, higher level versions should have been buffed. They are killer at level 25, but at level 55, they're worthless, considering the average person who can craft the weapons also has uniques that are better. As soon as the exo suit schematics ended, I started recycling all my exo stuff, not only was my fuel hit hard, I also had no incentive to craft the weapons, my uniques outclassed them in every way, and they were overall too similar to my current weapons to make me want to switch to them for an extra bonus (less range for no min range, more damage per shot but less ammo per mag, etc)  I also wish we'd been able to craft some melee weapons (especially something to go with the heavy brawler suit, although my golden liberty works just fine)

Also, fuel costs for upgrading. Why are they so high? For items that boast about being able to be upgraded 10 levels, the fuel cost is just insane. The prototype HERC armor also had this issue. 

So overall, it was an good update, I definitely liked some things about it, and the overall concept, but I personally think it fell a bit short.

I'm still hyped for AI compounds and whatever else may be coming down the line (please rep system).

The Dark Presence

The Dark Presence
  • 2 posts

So, is there any point in keeping unused Tech Terror boxes? I'm quite a hoarder, but even with extra inventory space I'd like to clear them out -- along with the Independence Day boxes, Gratuitous Gold etc.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So, is there any point in keeping unused Tech Terror boxes? I'm quite a hoarder, but even with extra inventory space I'd like to clear them out -- along with the Independence Day boxes, Gratuitous Gold etc.

There is no point in keeping them for the event components as they won't be useful again. Only keep them if you are going to open the boxes to use the Trick or Treat (or try and trade them)