Photo

Make More Weapons And Gear Class Restricted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SMAM Man

SMAM Man
  • 95 posts

Either with a hard restriction (physically cannot equip specific weapons or gear with specific classes) or softer restriction by putting on a heavy negative effect for equipping weapons to the "wrong" class.  This has already encouraged players to put more thought into their survivor roster composition and the weapons they can equip or which are most effective so expanding this would broaden the gameplay and strategy involved.

For example, you can't just have all fighters as they will be outranged by recons with LRs, conversely, you can't have all recons as sniper rifles are less effective up close (so against infected and raiders who get up close).  Engineers are even more effective with improvised weapons and I.E.D.s and scavengers better with game shotguns and hunting rifles.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

Dude you cant place to heavy of a restriction on class weapons or gear. One of the selling points in the game is that you can play it most anyway you want. Want to run island with ONLY snipers well go ahead. Its already going to be bad doing that but putting restrictions further dampening that is damaging the gaming experience. If i want to run a PvE zom mission with ALL scavengers then as of right now I CAN BE successful with this. It maybe harder but it is possible, and thats a key word

POSSIBLE.....

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

Dude you cant place to heavy of a restriction on class weapons or gear. One of the selling points in the game is that you can play it most anyway you want. Want to run island with ONLY snipers well go ahead. Its already going to be bad doing that but putting restrictions further dampening that is damaging the gaming experience. If i want to run a PvE zom mission with ALL scavengers then as of right now I CAN BE successful with this. It maybe harder but it is possible, and thats a key word

POSSIBLE.....

this is the best answer so far

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 108 posts

this is the best answer so far

Probably because there haven't been any other answers.