Photo

My Overall Feedback (and Some Suggestions).

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 663 posts

MILLION DISCLAIMERS: this is my personal opinion, although I am open minded, I may or may not have some bias. I also know some of these ideas/feedback may be iffy for some, and I hope I don't come off rude in any way. I do love this game, I simply want it to improve and grow further.

UNION ISLAND:

The Island is really, really hard for the average level 50 player, whose survivors are 2-10 levels behind.

But the Island is really, really easy for the average level 55 player who's got all survivors at level 55. It's also often a massive waste of time.

The problems (imo) are that there is no difficulty scaling, some of the maps are really unbalanced, and the rewards are often seriously not worth it. Who wants 2 blue kits and a uni tac blade with 10% damage and 20% hit chance?

My suggestions:

Add a scaling system. It could be simple: If you're level 50, each stage would go 50, 51, and 52/53. If you want to get more complex, take an average of the levels of 5 survivors that a player is using. If you have a level 50 leader, two level 45 guys, and two level 48s, you'd get a rough average of 47. The stages of the Island would then become level 47, 48, and 50 (last stage would jump two-three levels). A level 55 with a full level 55 team would make the Island scale up to 53, 54, 55 (three highest numbers), and perhaps higher, like the Terror Dome does. However, any loot would certainly not be level 55+, it would only be at a max of 55. This would also eliminate finding useless rares/unis on the first map, instead of the later ones.

In addition to this, (or maybe a replacement) the stats of enemies could change depending on your level. A HERC submachine gunner suddenly does 200 dps instead of 500 (random numbers, I know nothing of the actual stats of HERC units) and has 400 health instead of 900, at level 50, but this would scale upward depending on your leader's level (or team level average). This would affect infected and herc mines as well.

This part is definitely more of a 'maybe' for sure, I'm on the fence about it myself.

And an even more on the fence idea, how about some HERC unit variety?

HERC units would start using better and more weapons as you level up, or, alternately, units simply have level, so a level 50 unit would be different from a level 54 unit (Example: Level 50 Sniper uses a M24 or a FAL, while a Level 55 Sniper uses a VS-121 or a MSR-82).

Example, if you did the Island at Level 50, HERC shotgunners will use the HERC-S3, and HERC submachine gunners use HERC-2 SMGs.

This obviously could be expanded upon, and could include units (Exo suits anyone?) showing up at later levels. Perhaps the HERC Crossbow/Bow could be used for some kind of new unit, idk.

Secondly, again, some maps are really unbalanced. Even with top notch gear (and even then, could be much better), I still struggle on a few monument/compound maps. There is a very noticeable difference in the difficulty of some maps. Some maps, I can finish in 3 minutes. Some maps, I've got less than 3 minutes left.

I don't think these maps should be nerfed, rather, they should tie into the whole difficulty scaling thing. Instead of a select few maps being semi difficult for level 55s, all maps are equally difficult (more or less).

Lastly, rewards. I dislike getting level 51 unis, nevermind the fact that the overwhelming majority of the unis are fit for recycling straight off the bat. I think the level of rewards should scale with your level, so a level 55 player would be getting level 55 unis out of the box, whereas a level 50 player would be getting level 50/51 unis out of the box.

Also, for some really weird reason, rares/unis often have terrible stats on the Island. I think this should be looked into.

To be fair, I do get that getting a perfect uni every uni haul would be a bad thing, so instead, why not make unique upgrade tokens show up in the uni slot from time to time, as well as a few other items? This would put a halt on the influx of unis in the trade, and allow for some more items to show up in Hauls.

And for my last point about rewards: Some items really need to go. Rares being in Uni hauls? Why? That's just one example.

TERROR DOME:

The Terror Dome is in my honest opinion, useless. Sounds harsh, and I guess it is, but in its current state, there's literally zero point in doing it. It costs a pretty hefty amount of fuel, its pretty difficult to keep up with, especially if you don't know what you are doing, and you absolutely cannot screw up (as the first two boxes are complete trash) while trying to get 6000 points. The only unique things are the hunter headwear (which take up both slots which negate their fairly decent stats, and are really rare), and the unique improvised weapons (which are more of collectors items than anything, and seem to be really hard to get as well). Other than that, everything in the dome you can get on the island. Nevermind bounties, which anyone can do.

I seriously, seriously love the voice acting, when I first heard it, it made my day. But why not make the rewards just as epic?

My suggestions:

Buff rewards. An easy thing to do would make the gold box have 4 (hell, maybe even 5? I mean, come on, 160 fuel price?) reward slots. That way, not only do you get a slightly higher chance of getting something good, the box is also a bit more unique from raid hauls.

Another simple fix would be removing rares from gold (and arguably silver). I don't think I need to explain that one.

Lower costs (or something). Again, 160 fuel just to get rewards that are often about the same as Island rewards (and sometimes worse) is a real letdown. I know its been suggested that we could get Terror Dome Tickets of some sort that drop from various boxes (bounty, island, war, etc). I think this would be a good step in the right direction.

Big maybe, but I think the fuel cost should be lowered to 100 (from 160, at level 55). This obviously would scale down to level 15. This would provide a bit more incentive to playing the Dome and would make players feel less cheated if they got a somewhat meh reward (or failed terribly).

(INFECTED) BOUNTIES:

Alright, so I've been doing some thinking, and looking at both my main account and my level 21 account in terms of bounties.

I think the main issue is that they are extremely grindy. There's nothing that stands out. There's nothing unique brought into play when a bounty happens, other than all the infected you want to find not being here (genuinely annoys me so much).

So why not have some uniqueness added, and something to mix things up?

I think a good way of doing that would be to add various requirements to the bounties, some examples: quot;Kill 20 infected within 15 secondsquot;quot;Kill 20 runners with pistolsquot; quot;Kill 60 zombies with critical damagequot; quot;Kill 10 zombies with grenadesquot; and on and on. I think adding these sorts of things, and mixing them in with the current quot;Kill Xquot; system would work wonders on them. Another small change would be making bounties have a range of 1-4 tasks. If a bounty has only one task, then it is either much more difficult, or just takes longer to do, while one with 4 tasks means each task is easier to do, but with the obvious fact that there are four of them.

An example of a new bounty (Note these are just placeholder numbers):

Kill 10 Riot infected in Uptown

Survive 4 rushes in Uptown

Kill 50 infected with shotguns

(then the other 2)

ELITE INFECTED:

Great concept. Completely changed the way the game is played. No longer can I scavenge everything and go have a 5 minute break (or listen to music for that 5 minutes). I've got to keep an eye on the game until I'm out of the map. I actually do enjoy that.

However, I was certainly disappointed to get a mere 5 fuel and two ears I already had 14 of when I finally killed my first unique elite. Seriously, I got killed at least 4-5 times by unique elites until I got gear good enough to take them down and I started figuring out a good strategy. Even with a bunch of kiting, and a ton of critical hits to the back, it takes a good 1 minute to kill a unique elite at lower levels, and even then at higher levels it still can take a fair amount of them to down them.

Now that they've been nerfed a tad, I think that Elite infected should not take critical damage in the back (but can take normal critical damage). This would reduce the effectiveness of kiting tenfold. They might need a health/damage/speed nerf to adjust for this, of course.

My suggestions:

Buff rewards, obviously. At level 55, I think it would be fair if the box for a Unique infected dropped 15-25 fuel and 2 ears.

Thats a simple fix. However, there could be more rewards added (upgrade tokens, purple/rare crafting kits, etc). They could have a rare chance of showing up replacing the ears/fuel. I also think Infamous Notes should show up as well.

HALLOWEEN:

The music, and overall theme for this year's halloween is by far my favorite. I don't have much in the way of gripes here, actually, just one thing that will tie into my next topic.

It was made clear that one of the bonuses of the suits would be the fact you can upgrade them to 10 levels higher. This promotes their extended usage. But around 2,000 fuel to upgrade one level for one of the level 45 suits? What?

Lower it, I beg you.

UPGRADES:

60 USD to upgrade one HERC armor. Does that sound a bit overkill? I think it does.

My suggestions:

Premium upgrade tokens are desperately needed in some form or another. I'd guess they'd be much rarer than Uni tokens.

Unique tokens also should be more common, IMO. I rarely see them, and their value is so stupidly high these days.

Not super common, no, but I'd like to see weapons being used to their fullest in terms of level ranges being promoted.

Knocking the fuel cost down for upgrading unis/some certain items would be a nice thing as well.

CHRISTMAS/AI COMPOUNDS:

This year's christmas was alright compared to previous ones, the weapons were cool I guess, with the main addition being AI Compounds. At first, I was jumping for joy; I'd been wanting this added for years, considering the fact I'm not a raider type.

And then I found out there was literally zero reason to ever do them at a higher level (and later, at lower levels as well). I also discovered the many flaws with them, which I will list and give my own feedback on.

Lack of a Fuel Gen: This is self explanatory. I'd like at least a chance of a fuel generator to show up on AI compounds, dropping a random amount of fuel, sometimes none.

Lack of variety: This is a big issue in my opinion. Both the weapons used by AI survivors and the actual compound layouts have a strong lack in variety. I'd say the weapon variety is the bigger issue here, and I would like to see a lot more various survivor weapon layouts. A simple and rather obvious suggestion to improve this would simply add more weapon/gear variety.

I definitely liked how, especially the higher level compounds, had unique layouts and other things, like concrete walls. I say this should happen for more compounds than just the high level ones (in regards to the concrete walls), obviously on a lower scale.

More layouts would be great too, and if possible, random layouts.

(HERC AI Compounds? Mayyyyybe?)

Pathfinding: Rather self explanatory. There's issues where if you destroy a barricade, your survivors won't register this and will instead decide walking headlong into a mine is a better choice than walking through the newly opened path after you took down a barricade. This is rather annoying for obvious reasons.

There's also that old issue where your survivors decide to walk back to a triggered trap as well.

Barricade bugs: Adding on to the above issue, I noticed at least one issue with barricades, which was seeing a small barricade have an enormous amount of health compared to everything else on the compound. It was even stronger than the compound door.

CRAFTING:

Just spent 400 fuel on this infamous item? Here, have a bunch of 1% bonuses! (or nothing at all!)

Just used up some really hard to get premium components? Here, have 41% projectile res!

I don't have any solid suggestions here, but I do think something should be done about the crafting system. A lot of items simply aren't worth making if you look at their base stats, you rely solely on luck to give you a decent craft. This was fixed slightly in the Halloween update, but I'd like to see crafted items get a bit more love.

My one major issue is that any crafting boosts have a CHANCE to increase bonuses. You just spent a lot of fuel on a 50% crafting on the cheap, and a gunsmith weekly? Too bad, gave you some 1% bonuses. I think this needs a bit of tweaking. Crafting boosts need to actually increase bonuses and not have a chance of doing so.

CLOTHES (and not the good kind):

I've never gotten why my military pants that I pretty much wasted a key on don't have stats.

Clothes without stats, I can kinda deal with (not really), but forcing us to get them from boxes? What If I want fuel, not statless clothing? Too bad, all the new prem boxes have at least 3 slots full of it. And don't say they are there for filler items, that's want things like books/accessories did, and at least they still had some use, small as that may be.

The argument that it would be P2W if the clothes had stats is just broken. I could prove that right now, by going out and buying one of the fuel packages that gives me accessories that people who did not pay could not get. Oh, looks like I've got 10% projectile res and you don't!

Last christmas is a good example of that, with helmets that have 12.5% suppression res that were pretty much buyable only.

What's the issue with giving clothes, I dunno, something? Hell, even a 1-5% bonus to something would make me actually look into clothing slightly. Now I just sigh when my bounty gives me 3 hoodies/pants.

WEAPON VARIETY:

Out of all of these, this is the one I least have an issue with.

It's kinda boring using the same RPKs over and over, would be nice to see some low level weapons show up somehow, obviously scaled to higher levels. I think the Terror Dome would be a very good way of having this feature. I mean, finding a level 55 FAL? Hell yeah.

I'd also like, but not really care either way, if M60s and M107s got scaled up to level 55. Obviously some of their stats would have to cap out, but it would be great to see them truly contend with other level 55 weapons.

BALANCE:

Uni TMP + Uni Holster.

Scar + Bando.

Do I really need to say anything else?

Some weapon combos are clearly broken.

Also, the Golden Liberty. A limited time crafted melee weapon which is the best melee weapon in the entire game.

What.

Why cant the other level 50-55 melees match this level of damage? But no, the only lootable melee weapon we get is the tac blade, which has no range, and no damage, and no knockback. Solid damage per hit is the way to go at higher levels due to enemies tanking more damage and having more melee res (bruisers/elite infected)

Melee DPS does not come anywhere near ranged dps at level 55 (other than the Liberty). Even crafted weapons are rather pointless, as the infamous melee Warbringer doesn't even have improvised on it, making its usage rather limited. Crafted blue swords, while they can deal out massive damage per swing, don't have much knockback. I'd like to see more options in terms of melee.

LEVEL PROGRESSION:

Level 50: Your gun does about 300-350 dps tops

Level 55: Your gun can do 1000 dps no problem and could go up to 2-3k easy

See a problem here?

I don't think I need to explain much, but progression increases heavily from level 50 to level 55. I'd argue you progress more in those 5 levels than you do in half the game, especially with the sudden influx of uniques from the Island.

PREMIUM WEAPONS:

Chances are, if you're an average player, you probably don't know/remember any or many of the HERC premium weapons. That's because the boxes that drop them literally don't exist anymore. (I mean, they do, but there's about -4 of them left in existence) They haven't dropped in I want to say 4 years. And that sucks, doesn't it? Oh wait. Pretty much all of them are below level 20. And that's the issue I have with Premium weapons.

I got a Golden High Power from a bounty on my lower level account. It's kickass. I actually value it. It really feels like a premium weapon, a weapon that is hard to get but rewards you well. It's unique. It has high, high damage per shot, low aps, and a 10 round magazine. It's literally different from every pistol I've encountered so far. Anyways,

My level 55 account? The only prem stuff I use are event items, which arguably could be put in a whole other category. You could also bring up the point of HERC armors, but all of my crafts have been extremely sad, so I don't use them.

The point I'm trying to make here is that there really aren't any cool premium weapons at higher levels (40-55). They kinda stop after level 25 or so, with a few at around level 30. Most of them actually show up before you even hit level 20, annoyingly enough. I'm sure the PKP would be a pretty interesting gun, if the drop rate wasn't so low and by the time I might get one I'd out level it heavily.

So I'd like to suggest either adding more, high level premium weapons into the game (and not just guns with gold or something, guns with their own unique stats), or letting us get premium weapons at higher levels. I mean, a level 50-55 M110 SASS would be really cool. (Or, hey, maybe both?)

I also think the premium herc weapons should come back in some form or another. I'd like for them to come from Union Island somehow, perhaps rare drops in Hauls or something, obviously scaled up.

And yeah, I get it, this might make them less valued to some collectors, but are you going to let that stand in the way of others gaining access to cool, interesting, and unique weapons? Hell, there could even be some differences, like the newer ones having a more plain background icon or something.

If you've gotten this far, thanks for spending your time listening to me ranting and complaining about minor things.

If anyone has feedback on my feedback, please do tell me. I do want to know if I'm on the wrong foot on any of these topics.

Edited by tehswordninja, 16 January 2017 - 06:10 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 363 posts

OK, I'll try and post my feedback :P

1) The Island

I love the idea of different levels of difficulty for the island, and adding the chance to get at least higher level unis in the rewards box. The uni quality, I think, is intentional in order to somewhat preserve the value of nice unis (since the island pretty much guarantee one, most of them have to be crappy in order to keep the value). in my opinion, it would have been much better to offer a chance of getting uniques, not making it a sure thing, because now most unis are nearly worthless, even M107s.

2) Terror Dome

I agree with you, it's not worth it if you are looking for value (which means, having a nice return for the cost), but I do like that it's a good way to break the routine missions. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems it's much better for a lower level player than for a level 50+, because most higher levels are actually focusing in collecting good stuff and raiding.

3) Elite zombies

I guess rewards was never the point with them, but giving a little more challenge to the missions. I too felt the reward was a little short, but I'm suspecting it has more to do with the fact that the rewards drop in form of a box; I feel that if killing an elite would give fuel and ears right away instead of a box you must open, I wouldn't feel the same about it. Again, it's just a suspicion I have.

4) Premium upgrade tokens

Yes :)

5) Crafting

I think the actual system is good, since you can craft some really good stuff without breaking the game. There are always bad crafts, but those are absolutely necessary to balance the whole crafting system. We already have something that increases the bonuses in a sure way, which is the crafting kits, so it could be complicated (if not outright dangerous) to add a boost increasing feature, since the balance of crafting depends entirely on the random nature of those bonuses.

6) Clothing

I think you are confusing clothing with accesories. There's no clothing with stats in the game.

As the devs said, clothing was implemented for people who wants to dress up and change the appearance of their survivors; bonuses are not everything to everybody. If you don't want to use clothing, that's fine; these are only for the looks. I'm still waiting for a bee costume.

They show up in boxes as "balancing" items (every box has some items that are not really worth the key cost it in order to balance the prize pool).

7) Weapon variety

I like the idea of having lower lvl weapons, but I couldn't actually use them.

What if the terror dome had a chance to get a lvl 50+ version of those lower level unis?

I would certainly pay the fee if that means I get a chance to own and use a lvl 50 FAL :P

Edited by Lana Woo, 22 October 2016 - 03:25 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 663 posts

Feedback to your feedback about my feedback

is this inception

1. Exactly why I suggested things other than uniques have a chance to show up instead of the uni, so you don't get a sure unique weapon/gear/mask every time, but when you do, its a pretty good uni.

2. The difficulty is apparently much higher for lower levels as well, so this just further goes along with what you said.

3. well if that was true, they'd be a bit more easier to kill, and not require a full minute to two minutes to take down, wouldn't you think?

4. :D

5. My main issue is just how much luck is in it. You don't craft something because it looks good on paper, you craft it hoping you get bonuses so it's actually useable. That's my issue.

6. I probably just miswrote something, I know the differences. Also, accessories could have been added in solely for looks, but they weren't, they've got uses. So why not normal clothes? As for being filler, at least if I got a mask (think the older prem boxes that had two prem masks), i'd have something that has some value to me or someone else, rather than an item that literally has no use nor value. 

7. Yeah, that was what I was sorta going for. Making them terror dome only would make players want to do it more so.

Peer van Eersel

Peer van Eersel
  • 7 posts

Let me focus on the Island.

I really like doing the Island. I dont mind getting so-so stuff (lets face it: we all have lots and lots of unis). What I like to see is more variety: why not have 10 or more different maps for each stage? This of course requires lots of development work.

And here comes my big idea: how about letting the users create Island maps? 

I dont know how this is to be done. I could imagine a separate set-up for map development. Perhaps a rating system can be added so users can give an approval and difficulty rating. All kinds of possibilities will arise. Before entering the Island, you get the option of choosing user-made maps.

Imho this idea will greatly benefit the game. I'm sure that there will be really talented map developers out there, who love to use their creativity to come up with all kinds of funny/creepy/insanely difficult/beautiful maps. 

Edited by Peer van Eersel, 22 October 2016 - 03:10 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 363 posts

And here comes my big idea: how about letting the users create Island maps? 

I dont know how this is to be done. I could imagine a separate set-up for map development. Perhaps a rating system can be added so users can give an approval and difficulty rating. All kinds of possibilities will arise. Before entering the Island, you get the option of choosing user-made maps.

Imho this idea will greatly benefit the game. I'm sure that there will be really talented map developers out there, who love to use their creativity to come up with all kinds of funny/creepy/insanely difficult/beautiful maps. 

I don't think that would be possible, given the complexity of the game and the storage needs that would arise when you give every user the ability to upload at least one map (worse if you want several maps). Many games allow to do this, but most of them are console games (or PC versions), which have way more resources than a free-to-play Flash game.

Even if you could upload it, how would you make sure that nobody would make really easy maps to be able to complete them with no effort?

Maybe you could use this forum to propose maps instead, and let the devs evaluate if it's good or not. Give us a tool outside of the game to be able to design our own simplified maps (for illustration purposes, not for uploading them into the game), post a screenshot and let the ideas flow.

Edited by Lana Woo, 22 October 2016 - 05:12 PM.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

Well im going to take the bad guy approach here and think of myself as the developer (con) and obviously my number one goal is to find the right balance of F2P gameplay and good rewards and P2P gameplay and economy balancing (making money) 

Im going to quickly speed run each subject that you went over in about one paragraph each (roughly)

Union island: Obviously needs work, maybe level scaling would be appropriate but better rewards is a really fine tune thing. Give people rewards that are to good you suddenly make everything that is good almost worthless. You make drop rates low you make the P2W criticism level's get to high. You need to find a way so that good rewards have that perfect middle ground, so that every once in a while you get a good reward. Try doing this then add a little randomness to the loot drops and you have some tricky algebra to do for your game. Unbalanced map? Try again. Its called adding a spice up to difficulty to keep you on your toes and again make you appreciate the gear you get. Its a situation where you have to not make all maps equal in the pursuit of challenge. 

Terror dome. Yea again like union island could use a bit of work but same thing as the island. In the pursuit of balance we shall add challenge to separate the skilled from the not so skilled and to emphasize offer the services of paying for fuel (and other items). not much to say since this activity is similar to island  

infected bounties: This is to spice up game-play and have people to go back to manual missions for you long time 55 players. Something to make DMU players do a manual mission once in a while. 

Elite infected: Just like the island spice up and challenge players. Con feels that when you see a unique infected you should feel like you have just been put to a big challenge. Same feeling you get when you get pulled over by a police officer, you feel that pit in your stomach at first but in the back of your mind you know your going to get though it. Sorry couldn't find a better metaphor for how elites should be. Anyway for doing this, yes rewards maybe should be changed, but not buffed because this is not an activity all by itself. Although challenging the average player can accomplish it with some degree of difficulty.

Halloween: umm yea its an even where we put love into the community and they give the love back.  (MONEY) Not much to say. plus we still haven't seen the end of the Halloween event yet  

Crafting: Ok as con stated before, unique should always outshine crafts in some way (read it in a thread by what con said). The point of crafts is not necessarily to give good rewards but more or less to give another avenue of getting guns and armor that can in some ways compete with traditional drops. 

Clothing (apparently the bad kind if there is such a thing): look the point of non stated clothing is to look good and the point of stated clothing is for utility (with some exceptions) In trade there is still a worth for non stated clothing and if that is the case then there still worth the drop rate in con's eyes. Sated clothing admittedly have WAY more worth than non stated but then again its a drop with a worth that's randomized.

just to disclaimer right now im taking a class in game design and have taken a class in economy and when you have BOTH combined into one game, stuff gets really hard to balance and math gets to a point where randomness is needed to balance everything out, both are high school classes FYI  

THIS IS NOT MY opinion THIS IS ME TAKING THE SIDE OF THE DEVELOPER. And then again i don't know everything in this subject let alone knowing what Con's opinion are on this for future events.

EVERY ONE HAS A BIAS. Im just taking the side (in this thread) of the developer in this ever so slight and difficult balancing act of making and generating an economy and at the same time keeping interest and making money off of it. Taking this side because i kind of sympathize it.    

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,691 posts

I did a bit of halloween crafting last night and seem to have spent a $100 bucks for nothing more than an upgraded melee armour with +15% move crafted bonus, though with now some pretty mean DPS;  and my yearly completely pointess crafted sword attempt. Not sure why I bother anymore on the last front, i'm clearly chasing odds that are impossible. But yeah, evaluating the return, i'll lick my bank balance, save my tech items, and give it another go before the deadline, perhaps. Crafting is expensive these days with upgrading. Perhaps there is game balance in there, all I feel is a hit on money taking a hit.

The island, a breeze once you've figured each map. Don't make them any easier. 

The Terrordome. I've cracked getting a gold box, but don't seem to be running missions anymore. The fuel for a completely pointless reward is simply a waste of real life time. I don't want a rare, they are the most pointless aspect of this game. Sure the missions keep you on your toes, but the novelty bleeds dry on the return. And a 160 fuel per run? 

Bounties: Given up on these as well. I have no idea what happened here. 190 walkers in a an area ten levels below your own. I'll, er, do something else with my life not to do with Dead Zone game play. It's bad enough having to slow down dropping zeds with melee guys now we have ballistic resistant zeds, running ,missions in completely pointless levels is just a game turn off. And unless you get lucky, a purple hoodie and meds. Yawn. I am hence playing the game less. 

Elite zeds: They haven't made the game harder, they have made the game a unentertaining grind. I've spent four years paying money upgrading guns to have the pleasure in blasting aways the infected, and occasionally getting sloppy and taken out. Now I have to run missions with one or two guys to slog it out with melee weapons just in case some dude turns up I can't take out with my airforce approved mini gun. Boring. Not what I wanted. Playing the game less.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

I did a bit of halloween crafting last night and seem to have spent a $100 bucks for nothing more than an upgraded melee armour with +15% move crafted bonus, though with now some pretty mean DPS;  and my yearly completely pointess crafted sword attempt. Not sure why I bother anymore on the last front, i'm clearly chasing odds that are impossible. But yeah, evaluating the return, i'll lick my bank balance, save my tech items, and give it another go before the deadline, perhaps. Crafting is expensive these days with upgrading. Perhaps there is game balance in there, all I feel is a hit on money taking a hit.

The island, a breeze once you've figured each map. Don't make them any easier. 

The Terrordome. I've cracked getting a gold box, but don't seem to be running missions anymore. The fuel for a completely pointless reward is simply a waste of real life time. I don't want a rare, they are the most pointless aspect of this game. Sure the missions keep you on your toes, but the novelty bleeds dry on the return. And a 160 fuel per run? 

Bounties: Given up on these as well. I have no idea what happened here. 190 walkers in a an area ten levels below your own. I'll, er, do something else with my life not to do with Dead Zone game play. It's bad enough having to slow down dropping zeds with melee guys now we have ballistic resistant zeds, running ,missions in completely pointless levels is just a game turn off. And unless you get lucky, a purple hoodie and meds. Yawn. I am hence playing the game less. 

Elite zeds: They haven't made the game harder, they have made the game a unentertaining grind. I've spent four years paying money upgrading guns to have the pleasure in blasting aways the infected, and occasionally getting sloppy and taken out. Now I have to run missions with one or two guys to slog it out with melee weapons just in case some dude turns up I can't take out with my airforce approved mini gun. Boring. Not what I wanted. Playing the game less.

damn pessimistic much, and i thought everyone was going to hate me.....

"air-force approved minigun" LOL 

love the way you describe this game. I think we all agree on one thing though. Terror dome needs to be fixed 

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 351 posts

Island: easy for me now, but reward system is weak. There are too many uniques on the market, so the daily unique is not really tempting. Compared to the TD, it takes too much time.

Terror Dome: "Hard to leard, harder to master". With the 160 fuel cost at level 55, it is hard to experiment with the balanced equipment and get the gold box. I tried it 2 times, none of these resulted in a gold box, so I gave up. Also, getting a rare from a gold box would be dissapointing for me. It might be good for lower levelled players, but not for end game users. Compared to the island, it takes way less time. Excellent voice acting.

We need a PvE challenge similar to the PvP Alliance War.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,691 posts

damn pessimistic much, and i thought everyone was going to hate me.....

"air-force approved minigun" LOL 

love the way you describe this game. I think we all agree on one thing though. Terror dome needs to be fixed 

Sometimes being brutally honest about something you care about is the only way to go.

My comments about the elite zeds is undoubtably related to the slog that bounties now are. They simply aren't fun any more. If they weren't random suburbs, but suburbs related to your level they might make more sense, but i'm not even bothering if I see a fresh one appear with West Bricks in it. They offer no challenge and by and large offer no reward. Even if you make the missions harder with a combat book, if you aren't chasing XP it's altogether pointless.

The Terrordome. I actually quite like it as something completely different to normal gameplay. What I can't get past is the fuel to run it. The cost of upgrading and crafting has now made fuel a precious commodity, I can't afford to throw it away at a gamble. And having run loads of Terrordome runs when it started, the return doesn't quite do it for me. Something like a ticket you could pick up in boxes would make it still relevant. As I said, as gameplay goes, I actually find it quite fun. 

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 69 posts

My two or more bits' worth:

Elites are now a speed bump as long as you are at the keyboard.  Otherwise it's a red screen and dead "survivors".  No more sitting in the green even with a few thousand DPS at your disposal.

Island is unbalanced and getting a bit old these days.  Some maps are auto-pilot yawns while a few can still be hard (suppression immunity, awkward mine placement, etc.).  But I fail only if I go make coffee and forget I left the guys in the middle of the map.  Heck, today I had two HERC maps with no HERC!  Empty maps.  Yippee.

Terror Dome:  Never been and unlikely to ever go based on discussing it and reading the forum.

Costs of Upgrades and Events:  I am one of those evil freeloaders who never pays (I paid in kind for many years by being a polite and diligent contributor to feedback).  I don't see much upside to the Exo crafts but then again I have to throw away uni armor just to make space.  I have to say, though, I am always shocked when I calculate the real dollar cost of buying things in this game.  $100 to upgrade the new armor so it is even worthwhile?  WTF?

Equipment/Clothes/etc.: At this point for most lvl 55 players anything new will either be ho-hum or game breaking unless there are new levels and difficulties.  Laser guns and invisibility cloaks?  Ok, but why not DMU mod which not only speeds up returns but also runs the game automatically.  Come back a month later and admire y the loot?  So the new stuff has mainly been variations on a theme but never much better than uni's or existing items.  Those that were amazing needed to be nerfed and were. 

Bounties:  It is extremely depressing to look at the requirements on a new bounty and try to guess if it will be 9 missions or 18 missions to get your hoodie.  I have one account running a bounty in level 17-18 map for a month.  After 20 or more missions, I have killed 8 out of 15 scientists (might not be exact numbers but close).  But I don't mind the level 43-50 bounties per se.  I often combine that with tasking so it's fine for me. 

Edited by CasualRace, 25 October 2016 - 05:44 PM.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 69 posts

Follow-up on Zed Bounties:  Finally finished the long one after about 20 missions.  Now I have one with HERC.  Need 10.  After four missions, I have only eight killed. So this could be another two missions or maybe three.  And then I have two more maps to do.

Was the point of making the bounties harder to make them never-ending?  I started tracking on a spreadsheet and was average about ten missions per bounty as of a few weeks ago.  Now they are harder.  I get streets with perhaps 15 walkers or 15 runners counted during the entire mission.  When you have 190 to kill, it makes you wonder if the devs are psychotic sadists, hopelessly out of touch with real game play, or just randomly plugging numbers into the algos and then hitting the pub.  10 to 15 missions to get another purple hoodie! 

NoNo

NoNo
  • 5 posts

I agree with almost everything on this post, too tired to really specify much but i like it. However, all the useless clothes dropping from bounty and gold boxes is seriously annoying, especially when we have to spend a couple hours with DMU to finally unlock it.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 663 posts

Added some feedback about the current state of bounties and elite infected, added a section on HERC unit variety, added a section on Christmas and AI Compounds, and changed/corrected a few things. I also added a section on Premium weapons, which includes the Premium HERC weapons (which I bet barely anyone remembers/knows about these days).

Appreciate the fact that people are giving me good feedback and upvoting, and if any of you have any major issues with any of my points, please, do tell me.

(also devs if you could respond at some point to this, or just give us a status update, I know you're all busy with Warfare Online but we shouldn't be left in the dark)