Photo

Next Accomplishment On Road Map (ai Compounds) Maybe....

PvP PvE Coumpounds Wars Alliances

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

So before i start i want to get a few things out of the way for this thread 

THIS IS NOT TELLING CON WHAT TO DO, just simply guiding him maybe on this next task/ update (AI compounds)

Throughout the post i am going to emphasize this because people may mis-interpret this post as a To-Do list for con on this next update 

So starting some of the creative ideas/ things i may want to see in AI compounds are 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Themes: things such as a HERC compound and maybe bandit and other types of gangs, Con if (and i mean definitely if) I don't think anyone wants to see just a flag and nothing really to show off a different style. If you make each faction of compound themed make sure with that they all have a different style of compound.

AI compound generation: in the road map you stated that all the "friendly" compounds will be converted into these AI ones. Instead i was proposing that AI compounds be randomly generated and rotating on the outskirts of the map (or the spaces outside the map you do not use). If you just remove the "friendly" compounds  people may not be inclined to help each other out with tasks. 

Rewards: I think that this may be on the same order of the terror dome reward (WITH OUT THE FUEL COST) maybe in addition to the things that you raid on the compound you get a reward based on heath and how fast you killed each AI. You also stated for the pacifist that they would be able to contribute to the war with the addition of this update. I definitely know you know the fine line you walk here. make it overpowered and all of a sudden no one wants to raid regular compounds, make it worthless and it becomes the terror dome in a couple of days.   

Thanks Con if you take a look at this and i know you KNOW WAY MORE THAN ANY OF US (20 years of game designing) but this is a kind of wish list thing here 

luv u <3

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

So before i start i want to get a few things out of the way for this thread 

THIS IS NOT TELLING CON WHAT TO DO, just simply guiding him maybe on this next task/ update (AI compounds)

Throughout the post i am going to emphasize this because people may mis-interpret this post as a To-Do list for con on this next update 

So starting some of the creative ideas/ things i may want to see in AI compounds are 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Themes: things such as a HERC compound and maybe bandit and other types of gangs, Con if (and i mean definitely if) I don't think anyone wants to see just a flag and nothing really to show off a different style. If you make each faction of compound themed make sure with that they all have a different style of compound.

AI compound generation: in the road map you stated that all the "friendly" compounds will be converted into these AI ones. Instead i was proposing that AI compounds be randomly generated and rotating on the outskirts of the map (or the spaces outside the map you do not use). If you just remove the "friendly" compounds  people may not be inclined to help each other out with tasks. 

Rewards: I think that this may be on the same order of the terror dome reward (WITH OUT THE FUEL COST) maybe in addition to the things that you raid on the compound you get a reward based on heath and how fast you killed each AI. You also stated for the pacifist that they would be able to contribute to the war with the addition of this update. I definitely know you know the fine line you walk here. make it overpowered and all of a sudden no one wants to raid regular compounds, make it worthless and it becomes the terror dome in a couple of days.   

Thanks Con if you take a look at this and i know you KNOW WAY MORE THAN ANY OF US (20 years of game designing) but this is a kind of wish list thing here 

luv u <3

HERC compound is already a thing,it's called "Union Island"

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 703 posts

These would be normal compounds but HERC themed. It would be just another way of fighting HERC.

Also, I like the idea of there being different raidable factions. I guess they'd have different weapons and gear, and would have to be fought differently.

Edited by tehswordninja, 27 October 2016 - 12:47 PM.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

you know what i mean bro.......

completely destroy-able compounds like we have for regular compound raids. i mean we can destroy everything besides the compound inner walls  

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Based upon what the roadmap says about Raider Compounds, this pretty much goes against their intent.

Available from a low level, these compounds will give also survivors a chance to practice their raiding skills without the danger of retaliation

Early AI compounds will be easier to take down, but as you progress through the levels, the compounds will begin to emulate common defensive layouts seen in the Zone.

Emphasis by Con (link)

A "HERC" compound (or any other non-player theme) with different structures and whatnot will not help to teach people to raid, nor will it help them practice raiding.   Much like a smaller version of the Island, once you learn the tricks, you be able to take it down fairly quickly..  It won't help if you have zero practice with "one side wonders", "corner parking lots", etc.

---

Also "friendly" compounds aren't going away, they're just coming off the map (a long overdue uncluttering of the map imho).  "Friendly" compounds will still appear in your compound list, at least that's how I interpret it...

---

Since the AI compounds will emulate player compounds, rewards should be largely commensurate with such a format.  As such I'd expect the rewards to be largely resources (amounts keyed to level) with maybe one (max two) weapons/gear containers. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 697 posts

I do hope that the weapons the defenders use will have unique stats (I don`t know if the Island handles those stats, or just common-to-purple), and that they also have gear not only with resistance, but also with reload speed, range, etc. That way it would be much more interesting to raid those compounds and would make it different from the Island.

Edited by Lana Woo, 28 October 2016 - 02:44 PM.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

Based upon what the roadmap says about Raider Compounds, this pretty much goes against their intent.

Emphasis by Con (link)

A "HERC" compound (or any other non-player theme) with different structures and whatnot will not help to teach people to raid, nor will it help them practice raiding.   Much like a smaller version of the Island, once you learn the tricks, you be able to take it down fairly quickly..  It won't help if you have zero practice with "one side wonders", "corner parking lots", etc.

---

Also "friendly" compounds aren't going away, they're just coming off the map (a long overdue uncluttering of the map imho).  "Friendly" compounds will still appear in your compound list, at least that's how I interpret it...

---

Since the AI compounds will emulate player compounds, rewards should be largely commensurate with such a format.  As such I'd expect the rewards to be largely resources (amounts keyed to level) with maybe one (max two) weapons/gear containers. 

damn..... well you are right. But when it comes down to it now all were going to have is people who run the herc island like a dream.literally once you have the tricks down you have the whole game in your pocket 

This seems counter intuitive but if it says it on the road map i mean........ welp 

survivor_i

survivor_i
  • 27 posts

Hi all, i agree with zingman, but i have already posted my trought here (http://forum.conarti...nds-suggestion/) ps if u have suggestion post em ty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP, PvE, Coumpounds, Wars, Alliances