Photo

Automated Scavenger Parties

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zondor

Zondor
  • 2 posts

Hi all! I'm a newbie around here (lvl 10) just trying to figure things out.

What's the best configuration for a team around my level (or in general)?

It looks like the medic isn't able to heal on automated missions, since I don't see any healing points accruing in achievements, so that opens up a slot for another scavenger, recon, or fighter. Are engineers useful either?

TIA!

P.S. Is there a newbie or game guide forum around here?

hankjwimbleton58

hankjwimbleton58
  • 31 posts
Well, I personally use all my survivors, and once the "Chance" is Good, then I send them out.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 363 posts

Welcome :)

For automated missions, you want the success chance to be as good as possible with as few survivors as you can (once you reach the "High", or even better, the "Very high" chance, you can send them).

I don't know what kind of weapons and gear you have, but I found that sending two survivors, one with a gun and another with a melee, gives you a better chance than sending either two guns or two melees. Try to equip weapons with high damage per second, since they give you a better success chance, and make several combinations to see which ones are the most efficient for your survivors, weapons and gear.

indeed, medics cannot heal in auto missions. Engineers are good melee fighters, but not as good as a fighter or recon; their utility comes later in the game, when you want to craft certain items, upgrade some buildings and disarm traps.

Edited by Lana Woo, 08 November 2016 - 02:55 PM.

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

hey!

personally for your level i would try to rank up as quickly as possible so doing auto's is not really preferred. On auto's since you dont have to worry about rushes or elite's you main goal is to maximize success with minimal ammo count. so high DPS is really useful and melee's for the ammo cost.  

survivor_i

survivor_i
  • 26 posts

welcome to the game!

here the link for TLS:DZ wiki (http://tlaststand.wi...tand:_Dead_Zone) its not complete but have basic info about the game.

for auto mission the highter the success rate the more item u find, i suggest u to use melee for not wasting ammo

for team configuration id suggest u to have (at least) 1 survivor of each class it help in middle-late game construction and crafting

Salif

Salif
  • 96 posts

When you play the mission the group make up is important, but when you do auto missions it doesn't really matter what type of survivor you send on the mission.. What matters is the success chance.. You can find what chance you have when you pick your survivors to go on a mission, to the right it will say "very high" "high" "good" etc ... Very High is the best chance for your survivors to be successful.  I think its damage per second that is used to calculate your success chance... The more DPS you bring per weapon the less survivors you need per auto mission...  If you do not have a dmu, it is best to set auto missions when you are done with the game for the night, since it takes double the time to return

Zondor

Zondor
  • 2 posts

Thanks everybody!

So far my team is made up of a leader, engineer, medic, scavenger, 3 fighters, and 2 recon.

I figure the last one should either be a scavenger or a recon. A scavenger makes my away teams more productive and another recon would populate all towers without having to use the leader.