Photo

Why I Prefer Lower Level Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

So recently I found my alt account (tehswordninja_2) and I found I was level 5 on that account, so I decided to play some missions.

It felt like a whole different game.

Finding a piece of uncommon gear? Hell yeah! Even more hell yeah if its an elite gear.

Compared to level 55, where i don't even blink when i find 20 guns at a military base and I innerly sigh because i have to click some extra times for the recycler. This often extends to rares and often uniques. I rarely ever get that "holy shit I just found something amazing" feeling because most of the time, I've got something better, or its simply got terrible stats, and I definitely sigh whenever i find a rare, because rares are simply useless at level 55.

I also feel like there is a lot more variety, different playstyles. There's a pretty wide selection of melee weapons you can find at this level, but at level 50-55 all there is is the god awful tacblade (excluding crafted melee). Guns are also pretty varied. 3 pistols in a 4-5 level cap compared to just 2 from level 45-55 (and lets be honest, the manning is broken and no one uses it). And I could list more examples. Crafting also is a bit more focused on as well imo. 

Zombies die easily, but they can still be a threat. I like this over dumping half a magazine into a zombie and seeing it still walk around like normal. It feels a lot more realistic and doesn't break immersion as much. 

I also like how tasks give you things besides exp. I'd like to see more tasks giving vintage weapons, both higher level and lower level. Just to spice things up a tad.

Overall, I feel like in a way there is more to do at lower levels. Sure, there's the island at level 50, but that gets old after a month or so.

Edited by tehswordninja, 09 November 2016 - 02:26 AM.

Wariatos

Wariatos
  • 4 posts

Maybe a new sub-server where all players can start from scratch ?

MrSurvivor

MrSurvivor
  • 21 posts

Maybe a "rebirth" system where you can keep your leader and some of his stats and one weapon? And move to the new subserver?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

Maybe a new sub-server where all players can start from scratch ?

Maybe a "rebirth" system where you can keep your leader and some of his stats and one weapon? And move to the new subserver?

I believe that would be nearly identical to just creating an alt account, but with the added hassle of creating a "subserver" and linking this to existing accounts.

I think the best you can do to emulate this within existing accounts would be a form of "special mission" where you can play as a lower level. For example, making a "Survival Mode" where all your survivors start with a common wooden plank or a Death Adder at lvl 5, and then play round after round, scavenging for better weapons and gear, trying to survive the zombie hordes for as long as they can, upgrading one level at a time. At the end of each round you could change their gear and weapons, heal their wounds (all of this using exclusively what you found in the Survival mode), and even maybe some sort of crafting/upgrading feature that uses points instead of fuel and only applies within this survival mode.

Of course, many things wouldn't be emulated, like upgrading buildings, clearing the junk in your yard, struggling for food and water, trying to attract survivors, etc, but if you want those then you can always create an alt account.

Edited by Lana Woo, 10 November 2016 - 06:30 PM.