Photo

Books Anyone?

books more books something new PvE PvP Something Else Kill Your Self leave me alone

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

here are the books,feel free to reply if you got some suggestions about the stats,the book name or the controversial ones :) also if there are any errors,let me informed about it

TO THE DISCLAIMERS:don't take this post too seriously

first are opposite books(opposites of the new ones):

1)Hunting in Packs-opposite of Lone Wolf book
    Description:how to run missions with the whole team
    Effects:               
      *Limits the number of survivors on a mission by 5
      *Decreases the chance of finding quality items by 2-5%

*Increases Mission EXP by 25%

2)Overequipped-opposite of Underequipped book

Description:you are overprepared and overequipped
    Effects:               
      *Decreases Level Requirement for Weapons and Gears on a mission by 2
      *Decreases the chance of finding quality items by 5-10%

*Decreases Mission EXP by 10-25%

3)Great Times-opposite of Danger Time

Description:we don't live on a dangerous times anymore,everything is secured and safe,nobody struggles to survive anymore on this apocalyptic world because we got all what we need
    Effects:               
      *Decreases Mission Time by 20%
      *Decreases the chance of finding items by 5-10%

*Decreases Infected Health by 9-20%

Second are the new ones(one of them just may solve one of the existing problems)

1)Kill them All!-Combat Book

Description:Just Kill Them All!
    Effects:               
      *Increases Damage to infected by 20%
      *Increases the chance of finding rare infected by 15%

*Infected can inflict Critical Damage

2)River of Life-Survival Book

Description:The River of Life is flowing everywhere...even in the darkest and the most sinister of places
    Effects(Permanent):               
      *Increases the chance of finding water by 6-10%

Effects(Timed-1 hour):               
      *Increases the chance of finding water by 25-35%

3)Refining Oil-peak oil but slightly better if you got a genny

Description:how to collect and Refine Oil
    Effects(Permanent):               
      *Increases Fuel drops by 6-10%

*Increases Fuel production by 6-10%

Effects(Timed-22 hours):               
      *Increases Fuel drops by 25-35%

*Increases Fuel production by 25-35%

4)Fastest Way Possible-Mission Book(Approved by some users  :D )

Description:Hurrying is a lifestyle that suits on the ever evolving world of technology

Effects(Timed-12 hours):               
      *Decreases Return Times by 60%
      *Decreases Action Times by 75%

*Decreases Mission Times by 70%

5)Being Picky-Mission Book...a very Ironic book on a Zombie Apocalypse
    Description:A guide on how to be picky on some critical situations
    Effects:               
      *Increases the chance of finding quality items by 2-5%
      *Decreases the chance of finding items by 7-19%

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 18 November 2016 - 01:32 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,762 posts

Dull isn't it. If you down vote at least remark why.

I like the River of Life. Finding water in a city split in two by a river is perplexing. If we've figured out how to build a recycler we can probably figure out a purifier 

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

oh look,a veteran user

I got some ideal book covers for them but I can't include them yet cause idk how to use photoshop so...I'll jusT post them on what they will look like word by word:
1)Hunt in Packs-5 wolves howling with the moon on the background

2)Overequipped-just replace the guy running w/ a knife around by Rambo :D

3)Great Times-well built structure(something with emblematic value) on the background with people walking by happily

4)River of Life-it's up to you people

5)Refining Oil-an oil rig on the background and an oil tanker too

6)Kill them All!-Early DZ survivors trying to survive a horde rush while shooting

7)Fastest Way Possible-I got this one from a movie:quicksilver running with his headphones on
8)Being Picky-a man picking on which item he wants to bring with him(a flashlight or a rope)

if you got better ones,quote on this reply

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 17 November 2016 - 10:48 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

Dull isn't it. If you down vote at least remark why.

I like the River of Life. Finding water in a city split in two by a river is perplexing. If we've figured out how to build a recycler we can probably figure out a purifier 

I really hope that book will solve the water problems that DZ users encounter :)

and thanks for replying

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 13 November 2016 - 09:25 AM.

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 111 posts

Finally some nice book ideas. Unlike the ones that request for a DMU/book version of it for fuel or temporary.

The book descriptions could use a bit of help, but none the less not bad ideas :)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 712 posts

Other than your childish tags and your overreaction to a single downvote, I think some of these books are good ideas. Some are rather pointless (Hunting in packs for example), but for the most part I think these should definitely be added.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I really like the water one, it's one of my biggest annoyances in the game. Really makes no sense to be this hard. The "oposite day" books were kind of funny even if something I would never use. The last one is tough one, could be good if there was a restriction so that it only applies on manual missions.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

if you want a table on what are their purposes and when to use them,just reply and/or upvote the post/this reply

Here you go people:

1)Hunt in Packs

Purpose:to even out the distribution of EXP among survivors
      When To Use:use this on missions and raid alike if you got an uneven EXP distribution

Motto:"Unified Effort,Unified Experience"

2)Overequipped

Purpose:To Use higher level weapons,a support book for "Trained"
      When To Use:use this if it's not enough,and always use this on raiding,it can negate those negative effects

Motto:"Just in case that other people outclass us"

3)Great Times

Purpose:support book for UCS,also for autos(if you don't have a DMU,you poor thing),also for infected bounties(when doing it ofc)
      When To Use:when it's needed

Motto:"Chill in the Apocalypse"

4)River of Life

Purpose:to increase the chance to scavenge water(the most annoying thing in DZ,next to great uniques and unique tokens)
      When To Use:when you don't have enough water and needed for the war task

Motto:"let it flow..."

5)Refining Oil

Purpose:to keep up your fuel up and runnin' :)
      When To Use:use this if you wanted to

Motto:"And this is why we have chemistry people"

6)Kill them All!

Purpose:support book for "Anatomy 101",also aids for IB's
      When To Use:use it when you need to finish bounties,and if you need extra firepower
      Motto:"let the bodies hit the floor"

7)Fastest Way Possible

Purpose:self explanatory
      When To Use:use it when you need to be fast(don't do drugs kids)

Motto:"be like Flash,be fast(except on your sex life)"
8)Being Picky

Purpose:to lessen those trashworthy items you don't really need
      When To Use:use this when your inventory is almost full and you need that unique gun/gear

Motto:"I'll pick this one"

Gonna post  again next week with more books and more edits :D

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 18 November 2016 - 09:25 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

if you want a table on what are their purposes and when to use them,just reply and/or upvote the post/this reply

I'll remove this after 3 days and replace them with the table

Is this meant to build suspense? If you are going to put in a table version of what you have already said, why not just do it?

I can't imagine using any of the books your proposed in the Original Post and the "controversial one";

And the last but not the least:Controversial Book/s(controvesial in a way that it/they could potentially break the game)

1)Fastest Way Possible-Mission Book(still needs an approval of publication :D )

Description:Hurrying is a lifestyle that suits on the ever evolving world of technology
    Effects(Permanent Version):               
      *Decreases Return Times by 50%
      *Decreases Action Times by 50%

*Decreases Mission Times by 50%

Effects(Timed Version):               
      *Decreases Return Times by 60%
      *Decreases Action Times by 75%

*Decreases Mission Times by 70%

Half the mission time but a half DMU and scavenging takes half the time/

Really?

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

Comments:

"kill them all" - good idea if someone needs the extra damage. a bit like Anatomy 101.

"river of life" - the best book of them all. water is quite scarce even with 2 rivers, so it can help a lot.

"refining oil" - a buffed Peak Oil. maybe make the perm ones be only in boxes so the market won't be flooded.

"fastest way possible" - perm version will break the game, just my comment. make them last for, say, 12 hours max.

"being picky" - I think 10 to 20 percent is too much. maybe a little less?

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

Is this meant to build suspense? If you are going to put in a table version of what you have already said, why not just do it?

I can't imagine using any of the books your proposed in the Original Post and the "controversial one"

nope,it means that I got a life(I got schoolwork to do)
and if you don't want to use my books,Okay then(I don't control your life,it's up to you anyway ^_^)

Half the mission time but a half DMU and scavenging takes half the time/

Really?

I'll remove the permanent one :) and Thanks for the Feedback :D

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 18 November 2016 - 09:23 AM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

man, you are obnoxious

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

nope,it means that I got a life(I got schoolwork to do)
and if you don't want to use my books,Okay then(I don't control your life,it's up to you anyway ^_^)

Without trying to be too harsh;

If you haven't finished something, why start the post?

Why make posts saying "I am going to do this", why not do it or keep quiet until you have the time to actually do it?

Would you hand in an essay plan for your schoolwork and expect to get full credit for an essay?

What makes you think any of "your books" will make it into the game? 

In this thread, 8 of 16 posts (including this one) are by you. Maybe that should make you consider that people aren't such a great fan of your idea.

I have no idea at all what the below post was all about or why you think it is a rule people have to answer/explain why they voted for something either way. It just makes you seem needy and self righteous

Spotted another hater again(or his alt account I suppose)
the guy didn't even replied(it's a rule that if you hate something,you better have an explanation for it or it'll become a blind hate towards that someone/something)

I monitor the upvote-downvote ratio guys(so far,6 ups,2 downs)

"Every breath you take

Every move you make
 Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'll be watching you..."

As a final point, why include "kill your self" and "leave me alone" as tags? 

The books you have proposed offer nothing new to the game.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

Without trying to be too harsh;

If you haven't finished something, why start the post?

I actually lied about that one,I got assignments and finished all of them before I started making this post

Why make posts saying "I am going to do this", why not do it or keep quiet until you have the time to actually do it?

cause I don't expect this to reach my deadline plan for this anyway(nov.25),after that date,I'll be bombared by deadlines again,my life is full of deadlines that I became one of them,thus having this behaviour(always rushing unplanned,unprepared,improvising all the way,just to keep up to the majority(sucks doesn't it?),and I rely most of your feedback to make the books more doable i.e. hunting in packs book---->you said it's useless right?

What makes you think any of "your books" will make it into the game? 

Nothing/no expectations,not gonna expect them to reach on the game nor even give a shit about them in case they got implemented(which will never happen,let's be realistic here)

In this thread, 8 of 16 posts (including this one) are by you. Maybe that should make you consider that people aren't such a great fan of your idea.

hmmm...never thought of that one,the deletion one ofc(I know that they're(the users that replied and upvoted) not there for the whole post,just that water one),I'll delete some of them(the replies,not the users,can't do that one,I'm not a God/one of the dev teams)

I placed the tags just to fill up the quota

and yeah,I know that they offer nothing for the game,not now,nor ever(the hell I placed that disclaimer for ,you know what I'm saying?)

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 18 November 2016 - 01:29 PM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 167 posts

guys,should I make a part 2 of this?

I got more books laying around here

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 07 December 2016 - 11:27 PM.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 53 posts

Maybe yes... I can't wait for other creative idea of the original post :)

Especially the parts of Kill them all,If that book would added to the DZ,I hope this book would make the IB become slightly easier.(?)

About other users said that these book doesn't offer this game any new. But I barely agree on this. I don't think all the update must be necessary to bring so many new experience to us. Why we can't  just suggest some new idea for the book? They may bring benefit to the players at some point or being a double-edged sword to them.That is the role of book,ain't it? Although I think they still able to bring other unusual game experience for us. Not that boring at all :c

In my opinion,these book is still a good idea. I hope Con would take a look on the suggestion by the original post. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, more books, something new, PvE, PvP, Something Else, Kill, Your, Self, leave me alone