Photo

Closed Beta Registrations - Now Closed

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Galahad

Galahad
  • 1 posts

Hoping im not too late to be considered for a key as i would love to test this game out.

Tonks4Nating

Tonks4Nating
  • 1 posts

Hopefully, i'm not late to get the codes for the closed beta, if i'm late well then Gg.

Phaedros

Phaedros
  • 1 posts

Phaedros reporting. Alpha/Beta Tester for End of Nations by Trion Worlds. Ranked #1 player of that game's short existence. Awaiting invite. ;)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Phaedros reporting. Alpha/Beta Tester for End of Nations by Trion Worlds. Ranked #1 player of that game's short existence. Awaiting invite. ;)

Beta ends tomorrow, early access begins probably the day after at some point in the future.

Edited by Con, 12 December 2016 - 03:23 AM.
Inaccurate information. Please don't guess at things like this.

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

Beta ends tomorrow, early access begins probably the day after.

Nope. 

Early access will be at some point in the future. Yet to be determined.

We have a lot of work to do in order to get ready for Early Access, because the game will be open to the public at that point.

Elrath

Elrath
  • 2 posts

oh so after tomorrow there won't be open beta any more? :(

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Nope. 

Early access will be at some point in the future. Yet to be determined.

We have a lot of work to do in order to get ready for Early Access, because the game will be open to the public at that point.

So the beta does end at the 112th?

The longer the beta lasts, the more butthurt I will be over the wipe of player data.

ETA on early access?

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

The longer the beta lasts, the more butthurt I will be over the wipe of player data.

Then maybe you should stop playing.

The email we sent you with your key clearly states we're going to wipe the data, the popup message you click "I Understand" on every time you open the game, clearly states we're going to wipe the data. 

I have no idea why any reasonable adult person would be upset by that. It's been very clear from the beginning.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Perhaps I phrased it a bit harshly/unclearly, I have no such intent.

I love warfare online, it plays nicely, and I want to dive right into the game, except for the fact that when the beta ends, the data will be wiped (I knew about it, I'm not going to claim I didn't know).

I've been only playing 14 hours knowing that the data will be wiped.

I guess the proper phrase to describe it would be that I'm impatient and want the game to just come out, so I can truly dump time into the game to get strategies knowing that they will last and not be wiped.

My last post was hasty, but I just want the game to really start so I can truly refine my strats and test out new assets/supports/operations without the limit of the data wipe destroying my progress at the end.

I'm "testing the waters" so to speak with the beta test, I just want it to end and early access to begin shortly.

Any idea when Early Access begins?

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

Any idea when Early Access begins?

Fair enough. Our closest estimate is early next year. We have work to do on Dead Zone, plus a very short holiday and lots more to get ready before Early Access.

We want to make sure the game is ready for prime-time when we hit EA. It'll be available for everyone and we don't want to be making sweeping changes once it's launched.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Just saying ... a game without chat feels like ... dead.

Alos chat is causing trouble I would consider to implement chatrooms.

Also, I think adding chatrooms to the game would be more beneficial then taunts/emotes like you suggested. Taunts/emotes are a chance for people potentally make people rage with not much of a benefit past that.

Chatrooms on the other side, you can truly congratulate people on a well fought game, or recommend strategies to people you beat (especially when you get rematches with the same guy). Although I will admit that the big pain with a chat is the moderation.

I was also thinking of alliances and wars based on the world map with US and RUS trying to fight each other.

Marketplace/trade system? The current 2500 munition grind to get some of these assets is quite difficult (some aren't even that good) and I would want a faster cheaper way of obtaining them through trade rather than RNG or grinding for the 2500 munitions for about 2 months.

I'm not bashing WO, I just want the best parts of DZ to come to WO. Truly, when I talk to the vets, and why they stay with the game and play so long, It's all about the people you play with, playing to see new players grow and progress. I cannot stress this enough, this community interaction is what keeps people playing for so long. My DZ alliance and the people I played with - That's why I stayed.

I can't express correctly how strongly I feel about this in a forum post, but know that Chat is essential.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 13 December 2016 - 12:21 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

Also, I think adding chatrooms to the game would be more beneficial then taunts/emotes like you suggested. Taunts/emotes are a chance for people potentally make people rage with not much of a benefit past that.

Chatrooms on the other side, you can truly congratulate people on a well fought game, or recommend strategies to people you beat (especially when you get rematches with the same guy). Although I will admit that the big pain with a chat is the moderation.

I was also thinking of alliances and wars based on the world map with US and RUS trying to fight each other.

Marketplace/trade system? The current 2500 munition grind to get some of these assets is quite difficult (some aren't even that good) and I would want a faster cheaper way of obtaining them through trade rather than RNG or grinding for the 2500 munitions for about 2 months.

I'm not bashing WO, I just want the best parts of DZ to come to WO. Truly, when I talk to the vets, and why they stay with the game and play so long, It's all about the people you play with, playing to see new players grow and progress. I cannot stress this enough, this community interaction is what keeps people playing for so long. My DZ alliance and the people I played with - That's why I stayed.

I can't express correctly how strongly I feel about this in a forum post, but know that Chat is essential.

There will be no chat or trade. We have very strong reasons for both of these. Consider this pretty much the final word.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Alright, I'll drop the topic on chat and trade specifically. 

Also, why do the sabot rounds (more damage vs heavy vehicles, less vs anything else) for the MBTs add more resupply time when no other munition does? I feel this shouldn't be the case due to the damage reduction to other units.

Error_404

Error_404
  • 1 posts

Alright, I'll drop the topic on chat and trade specifically. 

Also, why do the sabot rounds (more damage vs heavy vehicles, less vs anything else) for the MBTs add more resupply time when no other munition does? I feel this shouldn't be the case due to the damage reduction to other units.

Because sabot rounds lack explosive filler thus lowering the damage of anything else except for MBT. (Successful penetration of an important component in the MBT would result in the tank being disabled but since we use HP in here MBT get more damage when it get hit by sabot)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

Because sabot rounds lack explosive filler thus lowering the damage of anything else except for MBT. (Successful penetration of an important component in the MBT would result in the tank being disabled but since we use HP in here MBT get more damage when it get hit by sabot)

I know how sabot rounds work. That wasn't my question.

I know they have no explosive filler and have an overpenetration problem with lighter vehicles (small caliber of the sabot could also be a problem in energy transfer).

What I want to know is why they have an additional resupply timer penalty when it is already balanced out by having less light vehicle damage. And I would really like to try sabots except for the timer increase.

I understand how multipurpose or AP HE rounds for the LAV and BTR are a significant timer increase since they have no gameplay downside (better against all vs default ammo) so timer is the way to balance. But for sabot, doesn't make much sense (already adds to the long MBT timer).

tragicbunny01

tragicbunny01
  • 3 posts

Fair enough. Our closest estimate is early next year. We have work to do on Dead Zone, plus a very short holiday and lots more to get ready before Early Access.

We want to make sure the game is ready for prime-time when we hit EA. It'll be available for everyone and we don't want to be making sweeping changes once it's launched.

So can we expect early access in January or will it be released later?

NeighboursMailboxDestroyer

NeighboursMailboxDestroyer
  • 1 posts

I know how sabot rounds work. That wasn't my question.

I know they have no explosive filler and have an overpenetration problem with lighter vehicles (small caliber of the sabot could also be a problem in energy transfer).

What I want to know is why they have an additional resupply timer penalty when it is already balanced out by having less light vehicle damage. And I would really like to try sabots except for the timer increase.

I understand how multipurpose or AP HE rounds for the LAV and BTR are a significant timer increase since they have no gameplay downside (better against all vs default ammo) so timer is the way to balance. But for sabot, doesn't make much sense (already adds to the long MBT timer).

I see your point there (Time increases) but think about this, you have assault config in tier 2 (M1A1) which is useful for mowing down infantries and destroying light vehicles or LAV/BTR should be none of your concern because your cannon can do massive damage to them even if you're using sabot round, it pretty much goes the same with T90 but with more powerful config on them like the grenade assault config.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

My school of thought is that since I can already 2hk (or OHK with infantry support) light vehicles, having sabot rounds will not really hurt my light vehicle killing ability. So with increased damage to IFVs (Is that what we're calling the thing below tanks now? Infantry Fighting Vehicles? Armored Personnel Carriers (APC)?) and more specifically other tanks, I can more effectively utilize my abrams itself.

Now the timer increase is the thing deterring me from doing so.

Also, I do run the M2 HB CROWS config that does not change my timer, but seems to massively reduce health. But M2 HB is good against everything you could think of.

passing player

passing player
  • 460 posts

So the beta does end at the 112th?

Con gives a refund for the gold we use in-game, if I am not wrong.

and he gives a 10% extra for being in the beta. Don't worry, you can use them to binge on supply boxes.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

I haven't spent money yet (just saying, the refunds with bonus will be in ingame gold, not steam funds), but may look into doing so in the future.