21 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

fieldmanual.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Registrations are still open, get in before the 25th of November to be a part of the closed beta when it launches!

Join the Warfare Online Steam Group - this will let us organise during the beta: http://steamcommunit...ups/warfarebeta

Salif

Salif
  • 98 posts

Looks good, looking forward to trying it..  Question -- are both players actively controlling  their units at the same time during the battle or is it like TLSDZ where you are attacking a already set defense for that compound or are the compounds already kinda of preset like herc maps on union island?  

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Looks good, looking forward to trying it..  Question -- are both players actively controlling  their units at the same time during the battle or is it like TLSDZ where you are attacking a already set defense for that compound or are the compounds already kinda of preset like herc maps on union island?  

It's 100% real time, live, head to head PVP. Battles can get pretty intense!

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 518 posts

Looks like fun.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Looks like a much more polished version of Warfare 1918 (which is pretty much what you've said all along).

If the battle takes too long, the player with the highest outpost health wins

How long is too long?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Looks like a much more polished version of Warfare 1918 (which is pretty much what you've said all along).

How long is too long?

At the moment, we've got matches timing out at 15 mins with a 5 min warning before that. Most matches take around 7 mins.

It's possible to draw a battle if both sides deplete all of their units and supports and have the same outpost health. We haven't seen it yet, but can happen. 

As for it being a more polished version of Warfare 1917, yep. Wanted to make sure it felt more like that game than 1944. But there's soooooo much more depth to it. Simple on the surface and really complex underneath.

Mr_Cerberus

Mr_Cerberus
  • 17 posts

So excited! 

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 280 posts

How much will the game cost once its released?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

How much will the game cost once its released?

Exactly zero dollars. It's Free to Play.

You can support us in game by buying Gold or Premium time. Gold is used for Supply Boxes and Premium time gives you bonuses to XP and Credits to speed up your progression.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Downloaded and started it up to make sure it was running, everything seemed to work at first glance.

Toyed a little with it, but its late.   Quick first impression was that cover was annoying/frustrating.  Infantry units when they encountered enemy fire would stop where they were and return fire.  Couldn't make them finish their advance to the next cover, even with it greenlit/unoccupied, so they get cut down pretty quickly with no cover.  (why don't you just take some cover silly units).  Probably just something I"m doing wrong though.

Visually stunning, seems like it would be easy to put on mobile (not a lot of buttons + mostly "taping")   Can really tell you've put a lot work into it.

I'll toy with it more later.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Downloaded and started it up to make sure it was running, everything seemed to work at first glance.

Toyed a little with it, but its late.   Quick first impression was that cover was annoying/frustrating.  Infantry units when they encountered enemy fire would stop where they were and return fire.  Couldn't make them finish their advance to the next cover, even with it greenlit/unoccupied, so they get cut down pretty quickly with no cover.  (why don't you just take some cover silly units).  Probably just something I"m doing wrong though.

Visually stunning, seems like it would be easy to put on mobile (not a lot of buttons + mostly "taping")   Can really tell you've put a lot work into it.

I'll toy with it more later.

Cover range is a tricky one. They will take cover from a certain distance, even when they have a target. The hard part is determining how far is too far. Once you get the hang of pre-setting your cover that you want to use and timing your cover moves, it feels a lot more natural. 

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Games pretty amazing so far. Tons of support/strategy customization options, itll take a while to try everything out. The only problem though, ill have to agree, is the cover. It seens to me that for now, what counts more is who gets to cover first to change the tide of battle. Maybe theres a learning curve to it.

Also the servers been pretty unstable for me, i could play 3 out of 7 matches or so, not sure.

The game looks amazing nonetheless, i wonder how many more customization options, vehicles and troops are coming in the future, and how many new scenerios to fight in. I would love to see a desert one.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I'd give feedback, but I forgot mac support isn't a thing yet, lol. Is there any point in redeeming a beta code if I'm on mac?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

It seens to me that for now, what counts more is who gets to cover first to change the tide of battle. Maybe theres a learning curve to it.

Cover is hugely important. And yes, there's a bit of a learning curve to it. After a while you'll get used to the timing needed to move between cover successfully. A lot of it comes down to preparation and watching what the other player is doing. 

Moving between cover at the right time so that you guarantee your guys make it there in time is key to winning. When you're starting out, you should try and leapfrog between cover rather than doing large runs. 

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

I played a little bit just now, looks really fun!

I got my ass handed to me in real battles but I beat the CPU ;V

Anyway, I noticed that either I'm blind, I did something wrong, or there isn't a "back" button. I had a lot of difficulty finding out how to leave matches (after I lost them) and navigate the menus.

I eventually figured out that you have to click the black space next to the bug report button.

All in all, it looks really fun and is definitely going to be hard to get good at!

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

I played a little bit just now, looks really fun!

I got my ass handed to me in real battles but I beat the CPU ;V

Anyway, I noticed that either I'm blind, I did something wrong, or there isn't a "back" button. I had a lot of difficulty finding out how to leave matches (after I lost them) and navigate the menus.

I eventually figured out that you have to click the black space next to the bug report button.

All in all, it looks really fun and is definitely going to be hard to get good at!

Floor, it sounds like you might be getting a resolution bug that we are trying to track down. When you open the game next, send us a bug report with a screenshot. 

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Floor, it sounds like you might be getting a resolution bug that we are trying to track down. When you open the game next, send us a bug report with a screenshot. 

Sent one before I posted here.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

For bugs. Please use the in-game bug reporter. 

For feedback on gameplay and balance let's start talking here - http://forum.conarti...-beta-feedback/

VirtualSmoth

VirtualSmoth
  • 1 posts

hello i just newly join could i ask some think?

first of all how do i get the key to the warfare online?

second if i got the key i can just sign up?

just that for now still so many but you guys cant understaand

Thanks sorry for the bad English