Photo

Closed Beta - Feedback

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Let's get all of this organised in one place. Firstly, thanks for taking part. We're really happy with how it's going so far and are about to put up the first patch. 

For bugs - please use the bug report system in game. It puts them in an organised place for us to view and gives us a whole bunch of extra info to work with that makes our lives a lot easier. 

Gameplay and balancing discussions belong here, so go for it!

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Is the server under maintenance or something? Been trying to access it for a while now but im getting the message ``server offline``

Edited by IgorC, 29 November 2016 - 05:13 AM.

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts

Bit slow to respond here, but yes - the server is under maintenance at the moment.  We are fixing some issues that have cropped up.  Should be back pretty soon.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Bit slow to respond here, but yes - the server is under maintenance at the moment.  We are fixing some issues that have cropped up.  Should be back pretty soon.

Thanks a lot. Ive experience a little bit of unstability so far, ive lost most of my matches because the server coudnt be reached.

Edit: Games been working way better since the maintenance, ive had no disconnections nor crashes. Two things though.

Theres a bug  when troops get close to the enemy headquarters. They stop for some reason, sometimes in one lane, sometimes in both when a vehicle is in between, they just stay there a few meters from the base and idle. It caused me to lose a battle, which takes us to the second thing.

If both headquarters are standing, game calls a draw. I think it could use a bit of a redesign. I was at the enemy, he was all out of troops and i was a few seconds from destroying him, then the timer ran out, it was a draw, even though it was obvious i had the battle in my hands when he emptied his resources. There are a few possibilities to fix it, i think a match should be called a draw  only when timer reached zero and both players still had reinforcements to fight.

Edited by IgorC, 29 November 2016 - 09:34 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Thanks a lot. Ive experience a little bit of unstability so far, ive lost most of my matches because the server coudnt be reached.

Edit: Games been working way better since the maintenance, ive had no disconnections nor crashes. Two things though.

Theres a bug  when troops get close to the enemy headquarters. They stop for some reason, sometimes in one lane, sometimes in both when a vehicle is in between, they just stay there a few meters from the base and idle. It caused me to lose a battle, which takes us to the second thing.

If both headquarters are standing, game calls a draw. I think it could use a bit of a redesign. I was at the enemy, he was all out of troops and i was a few seconds from destroying him, then the timer ran out, it was a draw, even though it was obvious i had the battle in my hands when he emptied his resources. There are a few possibilities to fix it, i think a match should be called a draw  only when timer reached zero and both players still had reinforcements to fight.

The way draws were being calculated was wrong. We're making some changes to make it so the player with the highest base health will win. 

There are too many scenarios where "being out of stuff" isn't really the case. Things like mines are still active. So we can't just end the match when someone runs out.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

Whats this at the moment? Conflict detected but battle won't load .... several times in a row.

I can't even abort but have to shut down game.

Sev ... thanks for 2 nice battles. Enjoyed it :)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

I want an option where you could give a command to units to make them fall back to cover, or at least put some more, even medium tier cover on the middle of the map to facilitate more infantry action there.

EDIT: could we move this thread to the "Ideas and Feedback" section and pin it there?

Having it there, where most players would give their feedback (name of the forum section implies that they do so) would also reduce the amount of extra threads created and keep discussion on this one.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 01 December 2016 - 01:16 AM.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 278 posts

Played a few matches, honestly have no idea what I am doing but having fun

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

Some skills aren't clear enough

This needs more explanations so players know why second skill might be better

t4qwHxz.jpg

Edited by Cherry, 01 December 2016 - 10:00 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Just now, Was playing a match, then I realized I was playing against "Con" lol.

At the moment, from a balance perspective, the lack of cover in the middle is really making me favor snipers and makes me see cqc people as rather useless, especially compered to cheap, fast (timer), plentiful riflemen as grunts.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Just now, Was playing a match, then I realized I was playing against "Con" lol.

At the moment, from a balance perspective, the lack of cover in the middle is really making me favor snipers and makes me see cqc people as rather useless, especially compered to cheap, fast (timer), plentiful riflemen as grunts.

Was a good match! I got a really good draw at the end there that almost meant a comeback, but you had too many dudes. 

Range is something I'm looking at really closely, future maps will have a big influence on this. At the moment, Alpine is very heavily favouring long range engagements. 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Nice playing with you Con.

What are you planning on changing/implementing next?

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Nice playing with you Con.

What are you planning on changing/implementing next?

More balancing during the test. There's a lot of unlocks and supports / operations that haven't been fully tested live yet. 

I'm working on a second map at the moment, probably won't be ready in time for the end of the beta though. 

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

I couldnt help but notice, in the collection section, there seemed to be a part reserved for other factions or something, there was a neutral tab among the US and RUS, are we getting to see new factions/units anytime in a near future?

Cherry

Cherry
  • 789 posts

After first matches I thought ... okay another warfare ... repetitive and boring.

Hell no ... this game becomes addicting.

Great work!

Needs some balance tho ... guess some operations cards are a little overpowered.

However, I keep playing.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

As for the openness of the Alpine map, how about a new mechanic like using an advancing vehicle as cover so your troops can advance the open stretch without being instantly mowed down?

EDIT: also, for grenade launchers, it says M203, but the picture is more akin to that of an M320 GLM.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 03 December 2016 - 03:08 AM.

Cataclysm

Cataclysm
  • 2 posts

My first impression/criticism list :

1. All Doctrine-type effects should also have a downside. Even a minor downside would help newer players get into the game and not get immediately crushed by more experienced players who have multiple doctrine cards. Matchmaking would also be good, but I assume that will be added when the game is officially released.

2. Practice bot is incredibly weak. Make it cheat resources if necessary, because right now it feels like the bot plays with a resource handicap. Perhaps a difficulty setting to toggle cheating on/off?

3. Speaking of which, there's no tutorial. Okay yeah I get it it's a closed beta. Written guide would be nice though.

4. More numbers! Increases fire rate and move speed? By how much? How much damage do my grenades do? Exactly how much health does an MBT have? I think exact numbers should be shown. It would really help me put together a loadout.

5. Assault units feel exactly the same as rifles with a higher cooldown. An hp buff could help make them competitive. Only use for assaults seems to be using the american deploy assault support card in order to provide a defensive buffer without affecting your cooldowns. This allows you to get a fast mbt out. And that seems kinda strange because their best use is.... Defense?

6. A written explanation on how cooldowns work would be nice. Seems like making rifles delays my MBT by 30 seconds.

7. Target priority could use some looking at. My opponent had two full squads of rifles at my door and we were both running out of units. I played one sniper squad after his rifles started shooting my base and the one sniper squad just cut them down. The rifles never shot the snipers, only my base.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Noticed in 0.03 update you now get 3 IFVs (BTR-90 and LAV-25) instead of 2.

Seems to give us more leeway in deploying one of these and making the enemy waste some AT supports instead of deploying an MBT immediately at the start.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 03 December 2016 - 03:32 PM.

YahooMinus

YahooMinus
  • 3 posts

Hey Guys, just got my closed Beta code and everything, but it wont let me log in, everytime i try it gives me error 203 and tells me to check my connections(edited for fix to post) , any fix?

Edited by YahooMinus, 04 December 2016 - 02:50 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

My first impression/criticism list :

Good feedback.

1. Doctrines definitely need looking at. They were designed really early on in the process and haven't been revisited.

2. Practice bots are weak on purpose, we have "expert" versions we will introduce later. 

3. No tutorial. There's this: http://warfare-onlin...fieldmanual.jpg

4. Numbers. This has been a design decision from early on, no numbers. The reason for this is we want people to experiment and find what works best without dismissing options due to it being 1% less than something else. 

5. Assaults have grenades by default. Working on making them more different.

6. Spawning any unit resets ALL timers. Simple as that.

7. Lots of factors with target priority: range, unit type, combat status. In that case it sounds like it was a range issue.