Photo

Closed Beta - Feedback

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

The moment your outpost starts receiving damage like that and your troops are getting hammered out of spawn... almost no chance of a comeback at that point. That's why I covet the high spirits op card, it gives pure benefit at no drawback.

I don't know if it was you, but some guys were attacking me at my permanent cover (ones before the sandbags) whilst all the temporary cover was destroyed. Had two machine gun squads entrenched with cover specialization, as well as the cover operation card.

Waves upon waves destroyed. Felt like some WWI action with the MG squad holding enemies off.

Even with all timers full (vehicles get taken down quick), I just sat their with troops to reinforce. just holding the line with MGs (basically a shorter range version of the prenerf sniper).

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 15 December 2016 - 11:16 PM.

frijolito

frijolito
  • 231 posts

Tried it 3 times on 2 different computers, each time about 2 minutes into game, crashed my pcs and had to power cycle... so sorry dont have any more feedback than that..

przybysz86

przybysz86
  • 9 posts

The moment tour outpost starts receiving damage like that and your troops are getting hammered out of spawn... almost no chance of a comeback at that point. That's why I covet the high spirits op card, it gives pure benefit at no drawback.

Yeah - that card is very strong indeed. I've fought guys having it 4 times so far and I was steamrolled each time within 5 mins but what you can do if his single riflemen squad shoot just won shoot-out vs my sniper + MG teams behind heavy cover?

Guy with high spirits have to make a stupid mistake for me to win. +50% is just too much and as above said - by the time you are at someones doorstep wth your man force and not single squad you forgot to enable cover for, the only way to win s to have lot of support points and some nice heavy barrage option. You CAN'T push enemy back just by spawning troops. They die before they have chance to shoot

Edited by przybysz86, 15 December 2016 - 07:06 PM.

passing player

passing player
  • 443 posts

The moment your outpost starts receiving damage like that and your troops are getting hammered out of spawn... almost no chance of a comeback at that point. That's why I covet the high spirits op card, it gives pure benefit at no drawback.

I don't know if it was you, but some guys were attacking me at my permanent cover (ones before the sandbags) whilst all the temporary cover was destroyed. Had two machine gun squads entrenched with cover specialization, as well as the cover operation card.

Waves upon waves destroyed. Felt like some WWI action with the MG squad holding enemies off.

Even with all timers full (vehicles get taken down quick), I just sat their with troops to reinforce. just holding the line with MGs (basically a shorter range version of the prenerf sniper).

I had 2 assaults on the perm cover (concrete cover before sandbags) and 1 MG team behind.

note: I was just messing around.

like, in real life everyone runs for cover first.

also, the Russian Rifle-Snipers (riflemen with accuracy and range of sniper) is too OP.

Edited by passing player, 15 December 2016 - 10:44 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

I haven't really tried assaults (this was back when snipers were the only infantry you needed - shreds anything coming towards you).

Although now, I do think that riflemen battle rifles (M14 and SVK) are not really my thing, not enough killing power at close range, and long deploy timer. Snipers are now prone to getting rushed and not powerful enough imo.

I rely on my MG teams to anchor my team now, especially if there is no cover in the middle.

Ted Striker

Ted Striker
  • 6 posts

Yeah - that card is very strong indeed. I've fought guys having it 4 times so far and I was steamrolled each time within 5 mins but what you can do if his single riflemen squad shoot just won shoot-out vs my sniper + MG teams behind heavy cover?

Guy with high spirits have to make a stupid mistake for me to win. +50% is just too much and as above said - by the time you are at someones doorstep wth your man force and not single squad you forgot to enable cover for, the only way to win s to have lot of support points and some nice heavy barrage option. You CAN'T push enemy back just by spawning troops. They die before they have chance to shoot

and that's one of the points of a beta: discover and point out imbalances. That card is clearly not balanced and it's obvious the moment you read what it does.

Another imbalance we are all pointing out so far: Units you spawn at your outpost while under attack have no chance of getting much done since they spawn in without cover and at fairly close range. Once your opponent reaches that critical mass at your outpost (which isn't much) you really can't do anything unless you have some artillery strikes or other fire support ready to go.

Here's something I noticed today, and maybe it's normal but I've never seen it before: my assault teams approach the enemy outpost and just stand there doing nothing. I had two teams of them do that - my opponent ran out of units and I had 2 assault and 1 Humvee. My two assault refused to fire at or throw grenades at the outpost. They stood there looking it at while I called in my Humvee. Oh and because of that I lost the match :) Opponent damaged my outpost more than I did his and my assault are to blame. I'm demoting them to riflemen.

Like I said, maybe that's normal. My assault usually never survive to that point.

Edited by Ted Striker, 16 December 2016 - 02:40 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

You replaced riflemen with assaults? (crazy boi, having assaults is already very bold (and usually for infantry centric strats), but having them replace riflemen is another thing altogether.

I will say you are bold for doing that :P

It may not be the card itself, just the fact that you can't really get out of one of those situations.

Zero Spiral

Zero Spiral
  • 78 posts

I also replace my riflemen with assault units because of their paper-thin health. Then again, if players have some operations which decreases infantry resupply time, riflemen could be strong. Met a player named furdozy who uses the mentioned operation and steamrolling strategy, reducing riflemen resupply time to possibly 3-5 seconds. After 30-45 seconds or so, there were already 10+ units on his side.

Edited by Max, 16 December 2016 - 04:12 AM.

Ted Striker

Ted Striker
  • 6 posts

You replaced riflemen with assaults? (crazy boi, having assaults is already very bold (and usually for infantry centric strats), but having them replace riflemen is another thing altogether.

I will say you are bold for doing that :P

It may not be the card itself, just the fact that you can't really get out of one of those situations.

Well it's beta, I'm getting them some XP to see how they perform with the higher unlocks.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

Just to be clear, High Spirits:

"Increased speed & damage when Outpost health above 50%, decreases when below 50%"

The bonus to speed & damage is not 50%. The trigger point is half the outpost health. The speed & damage boost is much lower.

Some of you are suggesting that this card is a gimme because if you've got the boost, you can't lose?

Ted Striker

Ted Striker
  • 6 posts

Just to be clear, High Spirits:
"Increased speed & damage when Outpost health above 50%, decreases when below 50%"

The bonus to speed & damage is not 50%. The trigger point is half the outpost health. The speed & damage boost is much lower.

Some of you are suggesting that this card is a gimme because if you've got the boost, you can't lose?

No it's that it adds a really good buff with no real penalty, like universal +resupply time or reduced health.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

No it's that it adds a really good buff with no real penalty, like universal +resupply time or reduced health.

I realise that, I was clarifying for the people that were saying "+50% is too much".

The card was originally designed for when the game had a morale system rather than the outposts. Needs a rework, probably lowering of the bonuses and change to the trigger.

przybysz86

przybysz86
  • 9 posts

...people that were saying "+50% is too much".

I stand corrected :)

and that's one of the points of a beta: discover and point out imbalances. That card is clearly not balanced and it's obvious the moment you read what it does.

I totally agree - that's why we discuss it here.

Another thing that is more a bug not feedback. game always starts on 2nd monitor - which in my case s pivoted for reading and coding so not really meant to be used for playing. Each time I start game I have to go into display option and set to "show only on 1", start game and then I can go back into "extend" mode.
Little bit of annoying.

Edited by przybysz86, 16 December 2016 - 02:41 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

That wasn't my point per se.

Due to how the game is structured, for you to actually lose 50% of your outpost health, you pretty much already lost with no chance of a comeback; enemy troops hammering your base.

So for any point in the battle except for the final moments, you've got the full boost without any drawback.

While most cards have a legitimate gameplay detriment that balances them out, or forces you to change your playstyle (infantry timer cards with infantry only setup).

All I suggest is moving the threshold up to 90%, which is a realistic damage goal so that you can actually use the card against your enemy. While still giving a high risk high reward playstyle for the user.

As of now, this would be a card I would use on any loadout due to how universal the buff is.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 16 December 2016 - 12:21 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

I stand corrected :)

I totally agree - that's why we discuss it here.

Another thing that is more a bug not feedback. game always starts on 2nd monitor - which in my case s pivoted for reading and coding so not really meant to be used for playing. Each time I start game I have to go into display option and set to "show only on 1", start game and then I can go back into "extend" mode.
Little bit of annoying.

If you can submit a bug report in game it would be super useful, we get all your system info to work with then. It's interesting that you're having that problem, we run 3-monitor setups, I have one that is vertical. It might be something that happens after an update, we'll have to look at it.

passing player

passing player
  • 443 posts

I also replace my riflemen with assault units because of their paper-thin health. Then again, if players have some operations which decreases infantry resupply time, riflemen could be strong. Met a player named furdozy who uses the mentioned operation and steamrolling strategy, reducing riflemen resupply time to possibly 3-5 seconds. After 30-45 seconds or so, there were already 10+ units on his side.

that guy managed to get 15 units and 3 tanks on me.

nothing held him back. besides the naval strike that took out most of his boys.

the rush deck reminds me of swarm decks from other games.

EDIT just saying.

Edited by passing player, 16 December 2016 - 11:54 PM.

Zero Spiral

Zero Spiral
  • 78 posts

that guy managed to get 15 units and 3 tanks on me.

nothing held him back. besides the naval strike that took out most of his boys.

the rush deck reminds me of swarm decks from other games.

EDIT just saying.

I used my naval strikes on his tanks rather than his troops and somehow 2 of his tanks phase through each other in the same spot, destroyed together. Along with rapid armor response, I barely won.

P.S. I surprised that naval strikes is a basic support asset, given that the range and the damage it has.

Edited by Max, 17 December 2016 - 05:03 AM.

przybysz86

przybysz86
  • 9 posts

If you can submit a bug report in game it would be super useful, we get all your system info to work with then. It's interesting that you're having that problem, we run 3-monitor setups, I have one that is vertical. It might be something that happens after an update, we'll have to look at it.

just done that. I saw the same issue with Kerbal Space program 1.1 - I think it's Unity not doing well when you have 2 monitors connected to two video cards. In my case pivoted screen is driven by video card integrated into main board

Add to this big black areas on top and bottom and you'll get the picture ;)
http://i.imgur.com/VTwm6k9.jpg

Edited by przybysz86, 17 December 2016 - 08:13 AM.

passing player

passing player
  • 443 posts

It seems the following attack format can overwhelm the enemy quickly.

------------

1. Deploy light vehicle or LAV.

2. SPAM RIFLEMEN

3. Use support assets on any AT teams or tanks.

4. Get your soldiers to the enemy outpost.

5. Dump your supports on any tanks / vehicles your enemy deploys

6. PROFIT.

-------------

Unless enemy manages to kill most of your Riflemen with artillery. The whole point of this attack is to get the soldiers and preferably the vehicle to right in front of the enemy outpost. by then, Good Game.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

Eh, I wouldn't even say with LAV, just start spamming riflemen with a full infantry loadout focused on reducing infantry timers. Including the card that reduces infantry timers and increases vehicle.

With the change to undermount grenade launcher damage, every rifle squad is a pseudo AT team, so you can readily dispose of enemy armor.

Keep your last unit as the tank and have the rapid armor response card x2.

Hammer enemy infantry with 500 lb bombs (best offensive asset imo, damage : price ratio awesome) and other assets.

PROFIT.