Ai Compounds

AI Compound setting Settings arrangements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 162 posts

so the X-mas update happened now and we got a bonus:AI compounds

not much is known about them but for the fact that you can raid them without losing your WF

and I raid them for exploratory purposes(and for some resources they always expose and is ripe for the taking)

but one thing that really ticks me off is the fact that you can't select on which place you want to spawn from(you know,that green zone)

one time,I spawn right in front of the raiders(which is a bold move already imo) and it killed my medic(which is vital for the team),so why can't we select a place to spawn?

I hope that the Dev team will hear me out(or just some of you)

BTW,I loved the update(I can't resist to craft that cute minigun and that awesome reskinned chainsaw) :)

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 15 December 2016 - 11:58 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 162 posts

welp,fatal mistake of raiding compounds below 1-20 levels of your leader,I got owned by them(I don't have the arsenals to attack them in the 1st place)

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 15 December 2016 - 12:33 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I'll give my own feedback/suggestions:

AI Raiders need variety. Raided a level 13 and a level 14 compound on my low level alt, both compounds had the exact same enemies.

AI Compounds should be a bit more unique (as in loot). I think adding some footlockers or other lootable things would be nice, more containers the higher the level of the compound.

Fuel generators. I don't think I need to say much more.

Minor Edit: Pathfinding needs some tweaks, and I saw a small barricade with an insane amount of health, trying to attack/scavenge things is also somewhat difficult as the hitboxes are way too big

Now for some iffy things, things that aren't completely necessary but would be really neat to see:

Some compounds having over 10 survivors? Adding on to this;

Difficulties for compounds. Something like easy, normal, and hard compounds. Each would have more or less enemies/loot/traps/etc, with hard compounds being the only compounds being able to have more than 10 survivors.

HERC compounds. Basically the same deal as normal compounds, but with more enemies (maybe slightly weaker) that are obviously HERC. They'd start showing up at around level 20 or so, and would be much more difficult than regular compounds, with HERC mines in abundance (obviously scaled down from Union Island level damage). They'd have a bunch of lootable containers and other loot to make up for this. They would also feature the concrete stuff you see at higher levels. A low level enemy idea would be HERC scientists; low health, have pistols/smgs, basically cannon folder.

Edited by tehswordninja, 17 December 2016 - 02:45 AM.

SaintChrispy1

SaintChrispy1
  • 14 posts

I wasnt sure whether to post this here or in bug reports. It seems this update hass conflicted with mozilla. It is not only PVP which is where i experienced it but it happens attacking ai cps and manualing missions too. My survivors will not auto-attack enemies clearly in effective range. once my survivors do decide to attack the clock starts freexing and going down 2-3 seconds a time. then before i know it i cannot target and my selected survivor usually ends up in a ding dong. Forget about melee after one round of attacks on a barricade melee stops attacking and then the clock runs out. Please fix this Guys idk what u did but after the mess with mozillas last update; and 4 years of beta idk how much longer i want to play.

Skullmiser

Skullmiser
  • 8 posts

On my first attempt at raiding one of these compounds I was placed next to the enemy. I was pinned, and couldn't do anything.  All of my survivors were downed.  I am now giving up on this event entirely.  I hate raiding. Now I need a long break from this game.

Edited by Skullmiser, 17 December 2016 - 09:07 PM.

deadz0ner

deadz0ner
  • 12 posts

but one thing that really ticks me off is the fact that you can't select on which place you want to spawn from(you know,that green zone)

I'm also not thrilled about the inability to select where you want to spawn from as if you get placed fairly closed to the enemy, you're screwed.  This happened a few minutes ago to me, my survivors were dropping like flies.  If I got the choice of where to spawn I could have easily picked off enemies from a safe distance with my uni LR's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AI, Compound, setting, Settings, arrangements