Photo

Not Able To Use Sesonal Steel From Zmas Event Last Year

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

quaff beer

quaff beer
  • 7 posts

G'day Con,

How's it going? Just wanted to say that I've kept a good amount of the superior steel scrap (and steel) from last years zmas event in my inventory (you never know), and was a little disappointed to find out that one couldn't do anything with it this year... AI compound-raids are fun, though. Thumbs up for that.

That's all.

Wishing everyone a very merry zmas season.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 506 posts

each event that dead zone has  during each year uses different holiday components. Once the event is over the components are useless and cannot be reused for the next event.

Edited by Ghost Recon, 16 December 2016 - 01:23 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

G'day Con,

How's it going? Just wanted to say that I've kept a good amount of the superior steel scrap (and steel) from last years zmas event in my inventory (you never know), and was a little disappointed to find out that one couldn't do anything with it this year... AI compound-raids are fun, though. Thumbs up for that.

That's all.

Wishing everyone a very merry zmas season.

Event components have never been useful after the event finishes. It would give a massive advantage to older players who could horde components from one year to the next to be able to craft the "new" items instantly and in large numbers.

PS One clue is in the name

DARK3063

DARK3063
  • 8 posts

each event that dead zone has  during each year uses different holiday components. Once the event is over the components are useless and cannot be reused for the next event.

that's not true last year you could still get pumpkins to refill the jack ola turn trap (I worked my ass off every year for those pumpkins to reach the next and this year there wasn't any and i'm stuck with a useless trap now just like the scrap) this year you can't and to be honest every year more random and no it's not really a disadvantage if an item you worked your ass off for can't even be scrap and newer player aren't at any disadvantage at all as older player can't really raid them unless they attack them first every year the game becomes less of lets have some fun to more of I want more money I understand devs need to eat but the game will die before its gets out of beta at this rate 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,152 posts

Pumpkins =/ crafting material.

Pumpkins only use is to build/restock the pumpkin traps.  Since (before this year) they came out every year it made sense that they'd be reused.   Plus how else would players who had built them in previous years restock them?  They'd run out of pumpkins eventually if they were tied to s specific year.

The special crafting material needed for holiday themed guns/gear during a holiday event (4th of July/Halloween/Zmas) has never been reused.   Since the holiday themed weapons/gear could only be crafted during the event, there is no restocking issue/   So to prevent older players gaining an advantage they don't re-use the material.

This is why I recycle 99% of all the holiday components once the event is over, as it's just taking up space.

PizzaJedi2139

PizzaJedi2139
  • 3 posts

Oh, well in that case I will be doing a little recycling.