i've done several experiments with this and this is what i can tell you.
the workaround combination i've found works best and has gotten me hardly any spawn bugs at all since i started doing is:
- scavenge all containers except 4/5
- after killing the last zombie of a spawn, i move around one survivor randomly then get him back to the group when the first zombie of the next wave spawns
- scavenge the remainder 4/5 containers AFTER the 2 min mark
my basis for this workaround is the following:
- if i scavenge all containers before the 2 min mark and i leave my survivors standing still in one spot => zombie spawn bug quite often
- if i scavenge all containers except 4/5 but i leave my survivors standing still in one spot => zombie spawn bug somewhat often
- if i scavenge all containers except 4/5 but i move one survivor after killing the last zombie of a spawn => zombie spawn bug very rarely
let me be clear, i still get the spawn bug on occasion, but doing this i get it waaaay less, regardless if its a normal mission or during zombie bounty.
i have no idea why scavenging containers or moving the survivors are related to the bug, or why the 2 min mark seems to be important, but this is what i've found so far.
if you try it and it helps, awesome.
if it doesnt, gotta keep trying to get the devs atenttion to look into this issue i guess.
edit: btw, this has only been tested in kong cause i only play there, i don't know if it will work in ag/fb
Edited by drLmnz, 19 March 2017 - 08:02 AM.